Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
naiverat

Re: Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms)

Unread post by naiverat »

Good to hear your experience, Ghost. How would you contrast ketamine, LSD, and mushrooms?

Would you say ketamine's antidepressant effect is mediated more by its direct chemical action rather than a change in thought process/perspective (as you describe in the case of psychedelics)?

I used to doubt the therapeutic effects of psychedelics. Maybe certain recreational users have given them a bad rap. I could never buy into the enlightenment caused by a drug that essentially enters you into a (hopefully) brief period of psychosis, nor could I ever understand the spiritual and religious revelations, considering I'm not religious.

Reading more about them, now, I think they can hold therapeutic value. I think being unable to untether yourself from society's standards is huge in overcoming this, mentally. After all, this culture defines manliness largely -- and by extension, you as an individual -- by how many sexual conquests are notched into your bed post.

I couldn't agree that this is so far removed from the truth. No situation has an inherent emotion attached to it. Whether one is bored or relaxed, for example, is simply a state of mind. Reframing any situation can change the emotion attached to it.

I'm a bit scared to trip on a high dose since I still suffer from panic and health anxiety. Do you think microdosers/ low doses could still open up doors to new perspectives?
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I haven't done LSD and I'm not planning on it currently. I actually want to minimize how often I use these drugs - they can be satisfying and pleasurable, but they aren't solely so. With the light comes the dark.

This is my (layman) advice: Start LOW. I'd start psychologically active, however. You can still warp reality significantly at a moderate dose. It's not linear like most drugs. 5g is a totally different drug than 1.5 or 2 - but on both I could still go to the bathroom when needed etc. There are peaks and valleys of the high where you have moments of clarity or consciousness and then others where you blast off.

The big dose was far and away the most interesting therapeutically, but as all memories it will fade as time goes on. It's the weirdest experience you may ever have. I liked what I did which was 1.5 > 2.0, and then knowing I was safe enough to dive to 5. At some point letting go is part of the therapy.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

You can order 4-aco-dmt as a research chemical which is a derivative of shrooms. It’s easier for microdosing. I don’t know how to add this guys comment from reddit. But he said “after being fried to a husk for three years by an snri, microdosing pscilacetin has had a huge impact redeveloping empathy, both for myself and others.”
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Interesting - I've heard people say it is a pro-drug deacetylated to Psilocin, and therefore is psharmacologically identical to psilocybin after that point. I would think it's super similar to mushrooms but obviously lacks other chemicals of the fungus which some claim changes the experience.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
SufferingfromSSRI

Unread post by SufferingfromSSRI »

I have been microdosing .3g of mushrooms 4 days on and 3 days off for the last three months or so. About a month ago, I began to incorporate both Host Defense brand Lion's Mane Mushroom @ 1g & FLUSHING Niacin @ 200mg EVERY DAY. So I take those every day and the mushrooms 4 days out of the week.

In about the 4.5 years of time experiencing PSSD I have had MAYBE about 10 dreams. 10 dreams in 4.5 years.
About 2 weeks ago - like a switch flipped - I began dreaming again and have dreamt EVERY SINGLE NIGHT since then and have remembered all of my dreams in the morning. I never dreamt and remembered them every night for a run like that BEFORE PSSD.

Just an observation. Seems very promising to me. I noticed that some others have also experienced a lack of dreams.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

SufferingfromSSRI wrote:I have been microdosing .3g of mushrooms 4 days on and 3 days off for the last three months or so. About a month ago, I began to incorporate both Host Defense brand Lion's Mane Mushroom @ 1g & FLUSHING Niacin @ 200mg EVERY DAY. So I take those every day and the mushrooms 4 days out of the week.

In about the 4.5 years of time experiencing PSSD I have had MAYBE about 10 dreams. 10 dreams in 4.5 years.
About 2 weeks ago - like a switch flipped - I began dreaming again and have dreamt EVERY SINGLE NIGHT since then and have remembered all of my dreams in the morning. I never dreamt and remembered them every night for a run like that BEFORE PSSD.

Just an observation. Seems very promising to me. I noticed that some others have also experienced a lack of dreams.
thanks for reporting, what's the function of niacin?

i prepped 6 pf jars yesterday can't wait to trip balls again
SufferingfromSSRI

Unread post by SufferingfromSSRI »

According to Paul Stamets, the vasodilation prosperities of Niacin - theoretically - opens your small capillaries in the brain allowing the psilocybin and NGF from the lions mane to get further out to the distal ends of your neurons. Theoretically!
popike27

Unread post by popike27 »

http://www.buymagicmushroomsusa.com. Has someone ordered from this page?
tourismbuff1

Unread post by tourismbuff1 »

I just want to report I did a trip of 3 grams which ended up giving me ED, its been 3 weeks and have not recovered
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

tourismbuff1 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:51 am I just want to report I did a trip of 3 grams which ended up giving me ED, its been 3 weeks and have not recovered
You should also mention that you have never taken an SSRI before. Just give it time and try to relax, I've never heard of psilocybin alone causing ED.

Anything is possible though, I suppose.