Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
succubus76

Re: Low Dose SSRI (Reinstatement)

Unread post by succubus76 »

Nah, combining 2 SSRIs at the same time sounds like a recipe to disaster
alteredhomeostasis

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Ghost didn’t use commas, but what he meant was - his friend had pssd for 7 years after using lexapro for 3 days - and he cured it with 50mg of Zoloft.
afx

Unread post by afx »

succubus76 wrote:Nah, combining 2 SSRIs at the same time sounds like a recipe to disaster
You must have misunderstood something with 2 SSRIs simultaneously, it was meant that the guy got PSSD from Lexapro 3 days usage and then after 7 years he tried solo Zoloft. Not both at the same time. Mixing 2 SSRIs at the same time is not only a disaster, its exactly deadly (You would end up with heavy Serotonine syndrome). I write this just to clear things out so no more such serious misunderstandings happen here
Last edited by afx on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scripy3

Unread post by scripy3 »

This guy is still on it? then it is no cure?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Let me clarify a bit on the story (I'm 90% sure on this but he is really busy and I haven't had the time to sit down with him and confirm it all yet - but we will craft a comprehensive report when we do):

My friend took Lexapro for anxiety back in 2012. He took it for 3 days at a low dose. At this time he stopped and had PSSD until a few months ago. People can say that it's not a "cure" because he is still on a low Zoloft dose, but I would trade take his situation in a heartbeat if I had the chance. He plans on eventually tapering off of the Zoloft but he wants to let his body stabilize first. Also, our previous knowledge suggests that when he does taper that the recovery will remain if he tapers slowly. He's terrified (rightfully) of changing anything at this time.

He didn't even tell me about the Zoloft until after he was on it because he was taking it for anxiety and it was NOT for PSSD. He was doing it because he felt hopeless about anxiety. Around 2 months after starting the Zoloft the anxiety got better and PSSD symptoms were stable and not improved.

I was studying for my MCAT and we didn't talk much during the winter and early spring. He noted things were better than before but it was nothing wild.

6 weeks ago we talked and he told me he was at 90% for the past month having lots of sex. He told me that he waited to tell me because he didn't want to get my hopes up. Then I spoke with him last week after my exam and he's at least 100% now, and he claims it's maybe even better than that. He's back to hyper-sexuality and full emotion.

Getting back into the PSSD community after a few month hiatus is overwhelming but I'm doing it. I appreciate the patience as I do so. There are a lot of things I need to catch up with.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

If anything what this and many other stories do for me is remind me how it is possible to go from having full blown pssd, to having full range of emotion and sexual functioning again. Just knowing that part of me is still there, that it's not necessarily lost is comforting.

I can't wait to hear more from you soon, Ghost
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
voyteck

Unread post by voyteck »

Could you please clarify how long it took for him to feel the difference in sexuality? Cause so far as I understand at least not until 2 months...
Lost

Unread post by Lost »

No anxiety, full range of emotions and hypersexuality? Winning the lottery
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Take a look at people who claim to have recovered ( Pete for example ). Almost all of them had windows of an improvement previously. When significantly recovering, they associate as a "cure" some random thing like antibiotic, vitamin, antifungal, herbs, dopaminergics, whatever they took at given moment. Everything unrelated by mechanism, so many "cures"

It points out to natural recovery as culprit and to treatments as merely facilitating agents in the best scenario if not placebos.

Years ago I have thought of myself as being 90% cured. With full range of emotions and intellectual capabilities - successfully returned to a normal life and very difficult studying. I have almost forgot about this ( actually previous ) forum . But I made an error by wanting too much 100% recovery. Over experimentation has let to permanent worsening of PSSD, losing almost all the progress. The nature of PSSD have changed ( permanently lowered "depth" of emotions, very bad working memory, terrible anaesthesia and insomnia) . I have crashed second time and it still does persist - without any windows of normal functionality. That was 5 years ago, 7 years of PSSD (Post SSRI SynDrome ) overall.

You can get almost full functional recovery. But I would say the changes by which SSRI has rendered PSSD as possible to happen are probably for a life. So please be extremely careful what you take. SSRIs foremost

Do not PMe about details. I won't login for an another month. Also, I am still extremely confused and unsure what exactly has happened and what have caused second unexpected crash.
Godfuckingdamnit

Unread post by Godfuckingdamnit »

sylv wrote:Take a look at people who claim to have recovered ( Pete for example ). Almost all of them had windows of an improvement previously. When significantly recovering, they associate as a "cure" some random thing like antibiotic, vitamin, antifungal, herbs, dopaminergics, whatever they took at given moment. Everything unrelated by mechanism, so many "cures"

It points out to natural recovery as culprit and to treatments as merely facilitating agents in the best scenario if not placebos.

Years ago I have thought of myself as being 90% cured. With full range of emotions and intellectual capabilities - successfully returned to a normal life and very difficult studying. I have almost forgot about this ( actually previous ) forum . But I made an error by wanting too much 100% recovery. Over experimentation has let to permanent worsening of PSSD, losing almost all the progress. The nature of PSSD have changed ( permanently lowered "depth" of emotions, very bad working memory, terrible anaesthesia and insomnia) . I have crashed second time and it still does persist - without any windows of normal functionality. That was 5 years ago, 7 years of PSSD (Post SSRI SynDrome ) overall.

You can get almost full functional recovery. But I would say the changes by which SSRI has rendered PSSD as possible to happen are probably for a life. So please be extremely careful what you take. SSRIs foremost

Do not PMe about details. I won't login for an another month. Also, I am still extremely confused and unsure what exactly has happened and what have caused second unexpected crash.
Take your time, but do try to remember the details, please. They may end up amounting to just confounding factors, but they may also help with breakthroughs somewhere down the line. Our main problem is a dearth of data; please don't let your experience go to waste. Many of us would be extremely happy even with just a reliable path to 70-80% recovery, if it could be figured out.
PSSD 3-2018, at28.
Effexor for 14 days total (PSSD on 3rd day).
Developed Ulcerative Colitis shortly thereafter.
PSSD start: intense tingling and penis went flaccid.
ED, numbness, little to no libido. Few weak morning woods.