Rosa damascena oil may be helpful

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
theloneranger86

Rosa damascena oil may be helpful

Unread post by theloneranger86 »

Rosa damascena oil improves SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction in male patients suffering from major depressive disorders: results from a double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled clinical trial

PubMed Central

Farnia, Vahid; Shirzadifar, Mehdi; Shakeri, Jalal; Rezaei, Mansour; Bajoghli, Hafez; Holsboer-Trachsler, Edith; Brand, Serge

2015-01-01

Background A substantial disadvantage of psychopharmacological treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD) with selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) is the impact on sexual dysfunction. The aim of the present study was to investigate whether the oil of Rosa damascena can have a positive influence on SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction (SSRI-I SD) of male patients who are suffering from MDD and are being treated with SSRIs. Method In a double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled clinical trial, a total of 60 male patients treated with an SSRI and suffering from MDD (mean age =32 years) and SSRI-I SD were randomly assigned to take either verum (R. damascena oil) or a placebo. Patients completed self-ratings of depression and sexual function at baseline, at 4 weeks later, and at the end of the study, 8 weeks after it started. Results Over time, sexual dysfunction improved more in the verum group than in the control group. Improvements were observed in the verum group from week 4 to week 8. Self-rated symptoms of depression reduced over time in both groups, but did so more so in the verum group than in the control group. Conclusion This double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled clinical trial showed that the administration of R. damascena oil ameliorates sexual dysfunction in male patients suffering from both MDD and SSRI-I SD. Further, the symptoms of depression reduced as sexual dysfunction improved. PMID:25834441
theloneranger86

Re: Rosa damascena oil may be helpful

Unread post by theloneranger86 »

Another one i Saw was MACA Root
HereToHeal

Re: Rosa damascena oil may be helpful

Unread post by HereToHeal »

Has anyone tried this?