Yes I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning and lack of energy
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 15
Numbed

Cortisol awakening response

Unread post by Numbed »

It seems that the rise of cortisol in the morning might upregulate 5ht1a autoreceptor, I came to this conclusion after reading how licorice a cortisol increasing agent has made some ppl recover, according to examine.com in some individyals it even statiscally significant INCREASES free testosterone aswell.

Thus confirming my earlier papers posted on hangovers from alcohol completely reversing my anhedonia and no surprise, a hangover is associated with impaired sleep quality, increase in cortisol and 5ht1a autoreceptor.

I STRONGLY suspect we have problems with the gene that regulates 11betahsd1 and 11betahsd2.

A strong stress response in the morning basically prepares and activates the whole body, mind and senses for the rest of the day.

The CAR only increases cortisol for 30mins after waking and then cortisol gradually keeps dropping as the day progresses.
No cortisol response in the morning = no stress for the body to relieve = blunt affect.

We must find a way to naturally reset our CAR.
A low dose bioidentical cortisol to mimic the 30minute spike upon waking, so a short acting small dose of cortisol upon awakening or a more enjoyable way lol, eat a small amount of licorice wgen waking up.

In theory this would make us normal again but the underlying cause is probably not adressed.
In our brain the genes that regulate the CAR is probabky disrupted, the CAR is activated when morning sunlight hits the eye. I wouldnt be surprised if ssri's lowered our sensitivity to sunlight, I find myseld NEVER wearing sunglasses during sunny days!

Also it would make complete sense, ssris annihilate stress response, so we must induce a stress response to resensitize our systems.

For example i rarely find myself getting aggressive anymore, but at times im stressed/aggressive my libido shoots up and i feel like im in the need of a woman around me.

Tl dr: cortisol/stress upregulates 5ht1a autoreceptor

To lost soul and others interested in beta estradiol:
Go read the examine.com page on licorice, it containst a potent beta estrogen agonist with 20 fold selectivitu over the alpha receptor!!! And has been thought to be a uniqye beta estradiol SERM!!!!
hs1312

Re: Cortisol awakening response

Unread post by hs1312 »

Im taking licorice for 1.5 months. No improvements yet
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
Numbed

Unread post by Numbed »

hs1312 wrote:Im taking licorice for 1.5 months. No improvements yet
What about increased stress reactivity? Do you find yourself being more emotional, such as crying?

What form of licorice were you taking btw, the candy type or an actual standardized supplement, read the examine.com page please as the actual ratios between the ingredients might make alot of difference.

I often catch mysrlf subconsiously listening to sad songs in order to provoke a crying response.

FYI emotional tears contain prolactin and met enkphalin, where as tears induced my an eye irritant such as dust do not contain them.

Crying literally dispells prolactin from the body and thus afterwards is dopaminergic, our 5ht1a autoreceptor is desentisized thus we have a state of a permanent opioid and prolactin bombardement and our body has no way to get rid of it, thus emotionally numbed, flat and absent stress response.
Fueling stress pathways will re-awaken our emotional pathways and the desire for attachment to other ppl.
Also multiple papers have shown oxytocin is in control of crying!

In some way I feel pity for myself knowing that currently i have to induce crying to feel some form of anhedonia relieve as supposed to it naturally occuring.

Vulnerability is what makes us human, seeing as we are in a flat state we are not open to stimuly unwillingly.
Thus exposure to stressors defines what we like and dislike.
AnonymousHelper

Unread post by AnonymousHelper »

Numbed wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:12 am
hs1312 wrote:Im taking licorice for 1.5 months. No improvements yet
What about increased stress reactivity? Do you find yourself being more emotional, such as crying?

What form of licorice were you taking btw, the candy type or an actual standardized supplement, read the examine.com page please as the actual ratios between the ingredients might make alot of difference.

I often catch mysrlf subconsiously listening to sad songs in order to provoke a crying response.

FYI emotional tears contain prolactin and met enkphalin, where as tears induced my an eye irritant such as dust do not contain them.

Crying literally dispells prolactin from the body and thus afterwards is dopaminergic, our 5ht1a autoreceptor is desentisized thus we have a state of a permanent opioid and prolactin bombardement and our body has no way to get rid of it, thus emotionally numbed, flat and absent stress response.
Fueling stress pathways will re-awaken our emotional pathways and the desire for attachment to other ppl.
Also multiple papers have shown oxytocin is in control of crying!

In some way I feel pity for myself knowing that currently i have to induce crying to feel some form of anhedonia relieve as supposed to it naturally occuring.

Vulnerability is what makes us human, seeing as we are in a flat state we are not open to stimuly unwillingly.
Thus exposure to stressors defines what we like and dislike.
Have you had any devestatingly sad events happen? (ex: death of family member, diagnosis of cancer, etc). If so, did that seem to provide any lasting improvement due to prolonged sadness?
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Funny enough I’m getting this test done my doc just ordered it. Cortisol to cortisone ratio. However, some of us respond worse to licorice and could have a conversion problem with this enzyme I believe in “theory”. I respond extremely well (cured) to cortisone injections but not to oral cortisol or dexa prednisone . So pay attention to this, but it’s not as simple as just cortisol. We need to figure out how much is being shuffled to inactive cortisone. Do ssri fuck with 3 beta hsd?