Which thread would help the PSSD community more?

Polls.

Mesolimbo's PSSD Fallout Shelter (Ask Mesolimbo)
20%
Focus on "The right way: How to address PSSD comprehensively."
80%

Total votes: 25
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

I'm a pharmacist who has a modest knowledge of neuroscience thanks to years of personal interest in neuropsychopharmacology research. I've managed to reach a near 100% symptomatic relief from my own PSSD (but not a cure/reversal), and I think I can help others on the forum reach some relief with pharmaceutical or herbal agents available to them.

I've been getting many PMs with interesting questions that I think are worth answering in a forum thread so that everyone would benefit from the answers. I would do that with consent of course, and I can keep it anonymous.

Alternatively, I can focus on "The right way: How to address PSSD comprehensively." which is a general guideline with basic, but extremely important things everyone should address.

I have a very limited spare time since I'm very busy in life, so I can only do one thing of the above. Please choose.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Rb26dett

Re: Which thread would help the PSSD community more?

Unread post by Rb26dett »

Hi brother. I'm really desperate, I always think of suicide and it's not right because I have a wonderful family that doesn't deserve such pain. Reading your posts, gave me hope again. I think you could help many of us by answering questions on a thread.
Paroxetine from 11-2012 to 08-2018 never had sexual disfunction.
Added 5-htp for help with Paroxetine withdrawal, then I got severe PSSD, with altered hormones levels and CFS.
Symptoms worsened with time.
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

Its great if Mesolimbo can help all according to his knowledge
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

I think we'll get more use of a write-up of "The right way: How to address PSSD comprehensively."
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Thanks for voting, guys!

As I mentioned in my other thread, I'm in the middle of moving out and not replying to PMs makes me feel bad since I want to help you feel better as soon as possible. Now that I've found symptomatic relief from PSSD, I have an idea what was causing these symptoms on a neurochemical basis.
taarn

Unread post by taarn »

He clearly stated that he has only very limited free time. I don't know why is it that hard to understand. Doing PSSD research, experimenting etc takes a lot of time and mental capacity, and if you have a demanding job and life it can be very hard to schedule everything. I'm totally sure his inbox is flooded with messages from forum members.
I also want to start my own log thread, but I have so many duties every day that I have to think twice how I spend that time what is necessary to create a well documented log thread.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Off topic comments get removed because this forum would be a nightmare to navigate if they weren't. It shouldn't really need to be stated but when someone is volunteering their time to share potentially helpful information it's not productive to baselessly attack that person
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

It's difficult to convey emotions via the written form, but let me assure you guys that I never meant to sound egoistic or high & almighty. The main reason I'm still on the forum is to help members who don't know much about neuroscience, and to get ideas from members who do.

We are in this together, and the reason for this thread is to let people who send PMs know that I do read the PMs and care about helping them and give members the option for picking which help would benefit them more, given the little time I have due to moving out and working a night shift.

On topic: I'm already working on the hormonal part of the guideline. Stay tuned!
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

what's "Mesolimbo's PSSD Fallout Shelter" ?
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Thanks for aidong with your pharmacology knowledge!

There was another pharmacist back in 2010/11 who cured himself with inositol.

This is one of my favorite areas of interest, once I finish medical school applications this spring I would love to read over your stuff and try to put it to practice.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)