acne medication and pssd

Polls.

Have you taken any acne medication before you took an ssri, eg Isotretinoin/(ro)accutane?

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes: 30
Jaxx

acne medication and pssd

Unread post by Jaxx »

Please share your experience on acne medication (not otc stuff like clearasil) before you got pssd
Jazzmatazz

Re: acne medication and pssd

Unread post by Jazzmatazz »

Nopes. Also, I've never had any acne, in case that information helps.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Jazzmatazz wrote:Nopes. Also, I've never had any acne, in case that information helps.
thanks, i dont expect that the majority here took it, but i found alot of people that did, more than id expect in a normal population. thats just a perception however
Jazzmatazz

Unread post by Jazzmatazz »

Jaxx wrote:
Jazzmatazz wrote:Nopes. Also, I've never had any acne, in case that information helps.
thanks, i dont expect that the majority here took it, but i found alot of people that did, more than id expect in a normal population. thats just a perception however
Well, Baba theorises that most PSSD sufferers come from a background of high testosterone... That would explain it, but I feel the theory has little truth behind it
captured

Unread post by captured »

I was on the medication 6 or 7 years ago. I don't remember having any kind of sexual side effect at all. In fact, I had never had any problem on my sexuality before sertraline/mirtazapine duo.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

captured wrote:I was on the medication 6 or 7 years ago. I don't remember having any kind of sexual side effect at all. In fact, I had never had any problem on my sexuality before sertraline/mirtazapine duo.
Most that were on it didnt have any sexual side effects, but i wonder if it made us sensitive to pssd somehow. I didnt notice anything on it except for dry skin, lips.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

Jaxx wrote:
captured wrote:I was on the medication 6 or 7 years ago. I don't remember having any kind of sexual side effect at all. In fact, I had never had any problem on my sexuality before sertraline/mirtazapine duo.
Most that were on it didnt have any sexual side effects, but i wonder if it made us sensitive to pssd somehow.
I think general bad health can make us more prone to Pssd. I had tonsillitis at young age. I used lots of antibiotics and probbly fucked my immune system
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

yes, i did a course of accutane 30mg a day when i was 17 or so, for about three months. was very tired and apathetic back then but i cant recall any sexual disturbances. probably i had rock hard boners anyway due to being 17.
then for many years i stopped and acne came back. in the past years ive been doing a maintenance therapy of about 10-20mg A WEEK. during winter i take 2x10mg a week, in summer i take maybe 10mg a week. that keeps acne at bay.
i have tried periods of not taking it at all but i dont think i noticed a difference. One thing i could experiment with is increasing the dose: i think i read somewhere that many that took accutane suffer from symptoms similar to ours, but for a good ratio of these people the symptoms only begin after they discontinue.

anyway, all in all, ive been tendentially improving over the past year or so

edit: i also took minocycline a couple of times. minocycline is an interesting topic for pssd aswell. has some interesting properties and is, quoting from memory, anti anhedonic, pro-dopaminergic, neurorestorative (hippocampus?). eh, cant recall. take it with a grain of salt. (and i think it can also be responsible for derealization)
Last edited by magnilo on Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

6 vs 6 seems like an unexpected high ratio. Hope others can vote to see how this looks in a bigger group!
Dead

Unread post by Dead »

Had lots of acne throughout school but never took medication for it.