Postsynaptic 5HT1A desensitization and my "triad of evil" hypothesis

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Tree

Re: Postsynaptic 5HT1A desensitization and my "triad of evil" hypothesis

Unread post by Tree »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:05 am
Tree wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:48 am Crashed from Ginger, a partial 5ht1a agonist, it severely ruined my baseline. Severe cognitive and sexual dysfunction which hasn’t improved much and it’s been a year.

Exact same here... Any 1A agonist can worsen us. That means ALCAR would crash you too?
I've tried Alcar twice. Both times brain fog became significantly worse to the point I couldn't formulate sentences when talking. Not really sure if Alcar is a 5ht1a agonist, but in my experience, inhibited serotonin release in the raphe worsens brain fog. For example, I've tried alpha 1 blockers, which made brain fog and sexual symptoms much worse. Our androgenic receptors are most likely down regulated to decrease excess 5ht release induced by 5ht1a desensitization. The body is responding the right way but there is some altered regulatory mechanism keeping 5ht1a receptors desensitized.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Meso wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:46 pm
DrugsAreBad wrote:
SSRIs cause HPA axis blunting through upregulating the glucocorticoid receptors, and this causes negative feedback inhibition of cortisol and the adrenals. To reverse this, we need to downregulate those receptors again.
@Mesolimbo: How about dexamethasone?
https://academic.oup.com/mend/article-p ... nd1256.pdf
I've considered Prednisolone, but you know that corticosteroids can induce depression by their own right if we downregulate GR too much. It's too risky. I think we better just let life stresses handle our GR regulation, imo.
What if gr receptors are too burnt out to be controlled by life stressors? Stress has no effect on me anymore
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Tree wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:02 pm
ErgogenicHealth wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:05 am
Tree wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:48 am Crashed from Ginger, a partial 5ht1a agonist, it severely ruined my baseline. Severe cognitive and sexual dysfunction which hasn’t improved much and it’s been a year.

Exact same here... Any 1A agonist can worsen us. That means ALCAR would crash you too?
I've tried Alcar twice. Both times brain fog became significantly worse to the point I couldn't formulate sentences when talking. Not really sure if Alcar is a 5ht1a agonist, but in my experience, inhibited serotonin release in the raphe worsens brain fog. For example, I've tried alpha 1 blockers, which made brain fog and sexual symptoms much worse. Our androgenic receptors are most likely down regulated to decrease excess 5ht release induced by 5ht1a desensitization. The body is responding the right way but there is some altered regulatory mechanism keeping 5ht1a receptors desensitized.

Super interesting, and frustrating at the same time man.

What do you respond WELL to?