Histamine's involvement in PSSD: research

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
enriqueiglesias

Re: Histamine's involvement in PSSD: research

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

Seems I have to withdraw my points about taking antihistamines. When I took Kutaj/Kutaja as an H3-antagonist, which raises histamine (fpr H1 and H2), I truly didn't feel that well, but libido seemed unaffected or normal, in other words "not bad". When I then took the antihistamines to normalize myself, I took a deep slump in libido and motivation. There might also have been other causes, but it seems related. Now when I took again a bit of Kutaj, my motivation and also libido seem to improve, without an adverse effects yet.
pubh12

Unread post by pubh12 »

Meso wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:18 pm Post migrated to:
https://www.theresearchzone.com/post/wh ... ay-in-pssd

Thanks for understanding.
Mast Cell activation syndrome is something I think I’ve been dealing with since I started getting pssd. I suspect there’s a large number of us who have an underlying connective tissue disorder like ehlers danlos or joint hypermobility syndrome which is commonly paired with mast cell activation and histamine issues.
HereToHeal

Unread post by HereToHeal »

pubh12 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:27 am

Mast Cell activation syndrome is something I think I’ve been dealing with since I started getting pssd. I suspect there’s a large number of us who have an underlying connective tissue disorder like ehlers danlos or joint hypermobility syndrome which is commonly paired with mast cell activation and histamine issues.
I actually have a mild case of ehlers danlos. What does this mean? If you cure the mast cell activation syndrome, you cure the pssd?
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

I remember one person on propecia recovered with l-histidine.
It is well documented that an administration of histamine via either the iv or icv route produces an HPA response 13 14 15 16 17 18, and that the HPA activation induced by histamine seems to be caused indirectly via activation of hypothalamic neurons or release of neurotransmitters, including CRF, arginin-vasopressin, and oxytocin
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... pressin%2C
pubh12

Unread post by pubh12 »

HereToHeal wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:43 am
pubh12 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:27 am

I actually have a mild case of ehlers danlos. What does this mean? If you cure the mast cell activation syndrome, you cure the pssd?
I doubt it’s that simple. It could help but it might only play a small part I really have no idea. Having EDS means tight muscles anyway since out hips and everything are so lax, pelvic floor dysfunction seems like it would be so common in it.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

I also have MCAS / EDS / POTS since getting PSSD - or do I even have PSSD or is it those issues triggered by certain drugs supplements and mold exposure? I think that it also explains my pelvic floor dysfunction. MCAS can really explain a ton of PSSD symptoms. But I feel like if that was what we all were experiencing then people on this forum would have figured that out already.