Histamine's involvement in PSSD: research

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Meso

Histamine's involvement in PSSD: research

Unread post by Meso »

Post migrated to:
https://www.theresearchzone.com/post/wh ... ay-in-pssd

Thanks for understanding.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
succubus76

Re: Histamine's involvement in PSSD: research

Unread post by succubus76 »

so cytokines and histamine is related to pssd. theres a way to induce a pro inflammatory cytokine production on a pssd sufferer just to see what happends? I do not think it's risky, or is it?
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Hey man i am going to a clinic specialized in epegenetics. The thing they check there to see if u overmethylize is checking ur histamine levels. I really think demethylizing is the way to go.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

I did a blood test some time back and my leukocyte count was elevated at 12,3 where the test indicated an upper limit of 4,8. Seems there could be some connection.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

succubus76 wrote:so cytokines and histamine is related to pssd. theres a way to induce a pro inflammatory cytokine production on a pssd sufferer just to see what happends? I do not think it's risky, or is it?
It's a bad idea. I think histamine is the one that is related to PSSD, not cytokines.
AnhedonicApe wrote:Hey man i am going to a clinic specialized in epegenetics. The thing they check there to see if u overmethylize is checking ur histamine levels. I really think demethylizing is the way to go.
Please keep us updated. It's risky though. Those chemotherapeutic drugs have bad side effects.
DrugsAreBad wrote:I did a blood test some time back and my leukocyte count was elevated at 12,3 where the test indicated an upper limit of 4,8. Seems there could be some connection.
You probably had an on-going infection. WBCs and cytokines aren't related to PSSD, imo, it's histamine that is.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Yeah man. I will not immediately do chemo. The clinic does it naturally but i am quite sceptical if that will help enough. What side effects of decitabine (chemo) would be the most worrying? I really think someone has to bite the bullet when it comes to this. The answer really may be this, but everyone is too afraid to do it (which I understand)
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

This could explain why some people had temporary recoveries on L-histidine, because that gets converted to histamine. But for whatever reason that treatment stops working.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

We could combine histamine whit something that keep histamine level high?
naiverat

Unread post by naiverat »

I find most of what I've read on hackstasis to be very pseudo-science-y, but I did get some positive results from cysteine combined with histidine (each around 500-600mg).

I also suspected hydroxyzine boosted my sexual function )strong h1 antagonist, in addition to 5ht2a a1, and to a lesser extent 5ht2c. Not sure if it was the antagonization of alpha-1 adrenergic receptors or h1 antagonism that caused the positive effects on sexuality.
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
enriqueiglesias

Unread post by enriqueiglesias »

This article seems to casually conclude one should raise histamine. However Citalopram actually raises histamine, which also increases receptors (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17409634), and as I mentioned elsewhere, one should then use antihistamines.
I also react positively to "mast stell stabilizers", certain herbs and supplements like that (Astragalus, Quercetin, Omega 3 etc), although some of them are also Ca2+ inhibitors, which is why they are not a full boost.
Basically, do the opposite of what your medication does, if you google them with histamine... This should help a little bit with anhedonia and libido.

The only thing that might be good in any case (the way the original article describes it), might be H2 receptors. But H1 should be bad for most people.