Who Here Has Fatigue As A Main Symptom?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Maxin

Who Here Has Fatigue As A Main Symptom?

Unread post by Maxin »

Hi all. Just wanted to hear from those who have fatigue as a main symptom. If you could describe your fatigue (muscle fatigue, muscle exhaustion, hypersomnia (sleepiness) tired after eating, etc. and what ssri you took?
I don’t see fatigue mentioned as often as other symptoms so I often feel alone in that aspect and would love to hear others experiences. Thanks!
kpavel

Re: Who Here Has Fatigue As A Main Symptom?

Unread post by kpavel »

From what I noticed, some fatigue is frequent in pssd. I had it.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Yeah but it’s the worst of my symptoms. I’m in disability now for it. I’ve had periods of being bedridden
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Get to mitochondria healing. That's my suggestion. Not only pqq, but mostly l-carnitine, lecithin, nicotinamide riboside or mononucleotide should help for several months. Thyroid could be investigated by the way (I read about taltirelin). Any body hypoxia should be suspected. Also histidine supplementation is discussed. Orexin is connected to histamine and it is hormone raised with positive emotions. And glycine is something opposite to wakefulness.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

I tend to nap a lot these days and even before the sertraline and after eating too usually... but is because my melancholy or "depression".. could it be related to melancholy too in your case?
I know that I tend to sleep more with other foods than others, like salmon knocks me out sometimes! But I've read is common so it's "normal"..oh and vitamin B6 knocks me out too.. i don't take it cause it's just being K.O for hours.

How I describe it?

A 'heaviness'.. lack of force in my hands..hard to close the fist.. numbed fingers. Gets better as I slowly wake up..
It's worse when I don't have a good sleep pattern and usually worst in the mornings.. and I thought I had chronic fatigue at some point.. a drag having to go to work.. but I guess nobody here really loves having to work so that's "normal" I'd say..still I have to literally drag myself out of bed at times..as I said gets better as time/ the day goes by.. it's common in melancholy I think..anyone here relates to the weakened hands? Hard to close fist thing?

Keep in mind I've been feeling like this for 15 years now..it's one of the reasons why I went for help.. ironically and funnily, I ended up with a protracted withdrawal that im still healing from.

The upside being I cherish my melancholy now.. it's good, even enjoyable to be able to feel sad or the "heaviness"! Who woulda know!. in this sense the "antidepressant" made me appreciate my humanity! It "worked" in this way hahaha. .

Also: keep in mind these days may be extra hard due the great plague.. most of us at home.. we may be napping more than normal haha

I'd say vitamin D3 helps me feels less melancholy.. I imagine you've tried it.. but just in case, you may want to give it a shot . it also helps with calcium and testosterone, among other things.

Anyway, other than "depression" related perhaps, no .I don't relate.
I thought I'd mention cause it sort of rings a bell in that way, for whatever's worth.
eza

Unread post by eza »

Me. Also I sleep for hours (12 hours on the average) and wake up tired and wanna sleep again. I was on escitalopram (10 mg) for 3 weeks 8 months ago.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Mine was lexapro as well. I’ve seen fatigue associated with lexapro the most.
I tried PQQ and the first day was awesome but I can feel it’s dopaminergic effects and unfortunately crashes badly from it the following days.
Niacin is awful for me as well. I can tolerate Carnot one and the others but don’t notice much improvements unfortunately. I think my hpa axis is dead. That’s how it feels anyways.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Maxin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:23 am Mine was lexapro as well. I’ve seen fatigue associated with lexapro the most.
I tried PQQ and the first day was awesome but I can feel it’s dopaminergic effects and unfortunately crashes badly from it the following days.
Niacin is awful for me as well. I can tolerate Carnot one and the others but don’t notice much improvements unfortunately. I think my hpa axis is dead. That’s how it feels anyways.
In my case niacinamide+d-ribose that obviously worked. I tried niacin 100-200 mg before too. They use !different! pathways. And systemic use (with some pauses to avoid posible problems with PARP-1 depletion) is the key. Lecithin (energy phospholipids, contains many parts like phosphatidylcholine or phophoinositides and is present in human) is another thing to improve a lot of things. Mucuna pruriens, l-histidine, b-complex, thyroid support may do the trick.
Or lysine may help?
https://sacfs.asn.au/news/2012/10/10_07 ... nd_cfs.htm
I also think vit. D3 levels play a role. Ghost published some findings in his blog.
Hyperparathyroidism is associated with fatigue. Calcium. Lysine deals with excess calcification.

So, there's always sunshine.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

If you allow me some advice: I'd add to your diet more of the following and stick with it for as long I can:

Beef, Clams, Nuts, Walnuts, Almonds and Chia seeds.