The Famous Cyproheptadine Rebound Cure - HELP!

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
ReceptorNinja

Re: The Famous Cyproheptadine Rebound Cure - HELP!

Unread post by ReceptorNinja »

This doesn't have a lot to do with the 5-HT1A side of things, and cyproheptadine is hardly a cure. The same window can be achieved with many other chemicals. We've all been using and experimenting with heptadine for ages. If anything its a tool to further understand mechanisms. ALCAR increases dopamine output from mesocorticolimbic areas. Thats your answer there.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

2 questions for you guys, regarding cyproheptadine (I did not find any answer in the forum):
1) Did someone suffering from insomnia try it? Was this effective?
2) Is this "safe"? OK, tricky question. But except insomnia, my symptoms are mild, I do not want to risk any worsening... From a theoritical point of view, I suppose it could mess further with receptors... but I do not see how that could be permanent.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
dann888

Unread post by dann888 »

@arahant
Hi Bro,
What do you think Cypro works for some people and Buspirone works for you as being Cypro is antagonist of the 5-HT2 receptors and Buspirone is agonist of the 5-HT1 receptors
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Buspirone is both strong agonist of 5HT1 and moderate antagonist of 5HT2.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Twentyoneguns

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Just wondering how long the rebound cure lasts for?
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

I get the same rebound effect with bupropion. The day I take it I get nothing— sometimes even worse erection quality, but one to two days later my pssd is almost completely better..
HereToHeal

Unread post by HereToHeal »

Is It possible that we need much bigger doses for a longer period of time?

If things like Cyproheptadine, SJW, Bupropion, Buspirone gives people a small window of recovery but it doesn't last, shouldn't it be advisable to take more of it for longer to see if it sticks??

I mean, Arahant was one of the few that cured with Buspirone but was also the only one that sustained a high dose for almost 6 months.

Maybe thats the key??
Lokzo55

Unread post by Lokzo55 »

ReceptorNinja wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:10 am This doesn't have a lot to do with the 5-HT1A side of things, and cyproheptadine is hardly a cure. The same window can be achieved with many other chemicals. We've all been using and experimenting with heptadine for ages. If anything its a tool to further understand mechanisms. ALCAR increases dopamine output from mesocorticolimbic areas. Thats your answer there.
But then explain how St. John's Wort ALSO seems to elicit a similar effect to Cyproheptadine... What do they both have in common?!
itsthe5ht2areceptor

Unread post by itsthe5ht2areceptor »

Lokzo55 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:08 pm
ReceptorNinja wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:10 am This doesn't have a lot to do with the 5-HT1A side of things, and cyproheptadine is hardly a cure. The same window can be achieved with many other chemicals. We've all been using and experimenting with heptadine for ages. If anything its a tool to further understand mechanisms. ALCAR increases dopamine output from mesocorticolimbic areas. Thats your answer there.
But then explain how St. John's Wort ALSO seems to elicit a similar effect to Cyproheptadine... What do they both have in common?!
They both have some effect on the 5ht2a receptor.
PAT

Unread post by PAT »

How long do you have to take the Cyproheptadine for in order to get the rebound effect? I'm thinking of buying some Periactin over the counter. However, I'm extremely concerned that so many people pile on a ton of weight while taking it. Do you have to take it long-term? Can you take it for one day, and then feel the rebound a few days later? I'm desperate. I haven't felt an ounce of pleasure during an orgasm since I discontinued an SSRI nearly twelve years ago. Even if it just gives me a tiny, tiny window, I'm willing to try it.