Gut microbiota? any connection?

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
macelomax84

Gut microbiota? any connection?

Unread post by macelomax84 »

Hello, I have been taking antidepressants since I was 14, I am 21 and after stopping for a year I have anhedonia, tiredness, cerebral fog, lack of libido and difficulty in erection.
This is not the point, the point was that I was getting used to being this zombie but an irony of destiny happened
I had a lot of diarrhea and fever after an intestinal infection from eating Japanese food and ended up in the hospital, after the doctor prescribed antibiotics I took it for 7 days and my libido, sensations, Dreams, feelings came back as before! After all this I read by chance that good probiotics after the use of antibiotics, I used one of these from the pharmacy and was free of PSSD for 14 days! It was like being It was like dreaming, like I never had depression or anything, much less PSSD!
I went to research on intestinal microbiota and depression and found that recent research links depression, anxiety, parkson, autism, everything to intrstinal microbiota, including sexual behavior!
Very crazy, today my PSSD came back, that was about a month ago. What do you think? I apologize for my English, I am Brazilian and my English is horrible, please do not attack me, I am just asking for opinions and giving my testimony
tonyareias

Re: Gut microbiota? any connection?

Unread post by tonyareias »

Yes, intestinal microbiota is linked to everything.
dandelion5

Unread post by dandelion5 »

There's definitely a connection. Maybe poor gut microbiota makes us more sensitive to these medications and more likely to have long-lasting effects. I also have some (major) GI issues. Why do you think your PSSD has returned? Did you change your probiotic regimen? Could you try something else? What about kombucha or homemade yogurt?
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Hi, which antibiotics did you take? Did your brain fog go away?
macelomax84

cdraham wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:37 am Hi, which antibiotics did you take? Did your brain fog go away?
It was all gone! Unfortunately for a maximum of 14 days
macelomax84

dandelion5 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 am There's definitely a connection. Maybe poor gut microbiota makes us more sensitive to these medications and more likely to have long-lasting effects. I also have some (major) GI issues. Why do you think your PSSD has returned? Did you change your probiotic regimen? Could you try something else? What about kombucha or homemade yogurt?
Here in Brazil we don't produce good probiotics and when we buy we pay the equivalent of 400 dollars, it is very expensive.
I think that by permanently changing the intestine we are cured of the PSSD
macelomax84

cdraham wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:37 am Hi, which antibiotics did you take? Did your brain fog go away?
[/quot
I took amoxicillin 500mg
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

It's not gut microbiota, it's dna methylation. Some antibiotics can demethylate it for short time.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
macelomax84

Trazohell wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:29 pm It's not gut microbiota, it's dna methylation. Some antibiotics can demethylate it for short time.
Interesting, but what about cases of improvement with probiotics and fecal transplants? What are the explanations?
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Trazohell wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:29 pm It's not gut microbiota, it's dna methylation. Some antibiotics can demethylate it for short time.
Gut microbiota influences dna methylation. Look at butyrate, those strains that produce it were decreased in melcangis gut microbiome study! Butyrate is a HDAC inhibitor.