I think i am close to discovering the cure.

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Tree

Re: I think i am close to discovering the cure.

Unread post by Tree »

Sb919 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:25 pm Last night I took the full dose of 18grams inositol before bed rather than divided throughout the day. Slept like shit, but something interesting happened.

Had a vivid sexual dream, and I'm pretty sure if I hadn't "put the breaks on" I would have had a nocturnal emission. I felt very close, and woke up right as I stopped it from happening. Not something that has ever really happened, other than maybe twice in my teens.

I had a very strong erection that lasted several minutes, and continued for the entire walk to the bathroom without losing strength. This is something that hasn't happened since before I quit SSRIs over 3 years ago.

I think the reason for it working better before bed rather than throughout the day, is that things like coffee and milk prevent it from absorbing properly. At least that is what I have been reading on various reddit threads.

Still not sure if I want to continue, as the reports of it permanently altering cognitive function are freaking me out. I feel very spaced out and uninterested in things, and if I somehow got stuck like this, I'm not sure what I would do.
Be cautious inositol induces 5ht release, which will probably desensitize receptors further with chronic use. Inositol is not the cure to pssd. If you have mild pssd, you might get temporary relief until receptors desensitize. Severe pssd you won't get relief from excess 5ht release because receptors are too desensitized. Also combining inositol with 5htp, ssri, or anything that increases serotonin may cause serotonin syndrome, especially for extreme pssd suffers.
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

Tree wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:36 pm Be cautious inositol induces 5ht release, which will probably desensitize receptors further with chronic use. Inositol is not the cure to pssd. If you have mild pssd, you might get temporary relief until receptors desensitize. Severe pssd you won't get relief from excess 5ht release because receptors are too desensitized. Also combining inositol with 5htp, ssri, or anything that increases serotonin may cause serotonin syndrome, especially for extreme pssd suffers.
Maybe I'll call it after tonight. This will be day 8 for me, I wonder if I should taper down, or would I be good just hopping off?
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

You can probably just hop off.
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

lol, this broscience will do more harm then good for community, many people crashed from substances mentioned in this pathetic topic. better focus on gathering money for research then do this pityfull broscience
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Naczoz wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:38 am lol, this broscience will do more harm then good for community, many people crashed from substances mentioned in this pathetic topic. better focus on gathering money for research then do this pityfull broscience
Ye whole scientific world tries to find cure for neurodegenerative diseases and best they do is jack shit, find that diabetic drug memantine helps by accident, let's wait for 1 scientific study done by someone who does it as a part time job, never took SSRI, does not have PSSD and does not know in and out of how it feels, there must be great motivation in him to help you... . Nobody cares about your PSSD. Deal with it.
Either someone from this community come up with the cure or you will die with it. Does not even need the mechanism to be known, just combination of what to take or why some people got helped by certain things and other did not.
If you do not want to try anything then u already gave up. I and many on this forum will try our best till the day we die.
And it's not fucking bro science, i would write here more about it and link you the papers but i really doubt you and anyone will even want to tune in. My writing style may be chaotic, because i am not a native speaker.
If you want i can link you like 50 links more or less related to PSSD and SSRI, you can read them in your free time, but with this attitude i doubt it you will go through 1 paper.
5-HT1A desensitization is baseless bro science. What i should not do is give estimation, because i have many teories and to go through single one takes like month or more so i cannot say that i will do anything in certain amount of time.
I do not want to discredit anyone who tries to do a research on PSSD, but for people who have this disease there should be more interest and motivation in understanding human physiology, instead all this forum is about is randomly swallowing supplements hoping for a miracle. Some scientific work will put a light on etiology of PSSD then what has to be done anyway is to get someone with PSSD to take some form of supplement or existing drug (very doubtful) to test the theory, because i promise to you with 100% certainity that developing drug specificially to target PSSD is out of contest, not now, not tomorrow and not in a 1000 thousand years.

#edit I researched David Healy MD, and i consider him very competent and valuable person for PSSD community, regardless of it everyone here should do their own research to faciliate understanding of PSSD etiology. The more research is done the better chance we have.

#edit2. I thought that it is more likely for me to develop treatment for PSSD first and understand the etiology will come second, but i think i was mistaken. The former will come later, the later will come first. I will make post about my recent discoveries in the upcoming days. So please stay tuned, it will be BIG. Wait out for the post in about week or two. written 14.07
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

guacamo wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:22 am
Naczoz wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:38 am lol, this broscience will do more harm then good for community, many people crashed from substances mentioned in this pathetic topic. better focus on gathering money for research then do this pityfull broscience
Ye whole scientific world tries to find cure for neurodegenerative diseases and best they do is jack shit, find that diabetic drug memantine helps by accident, let's wait for 1 scientific study done by someone who does it as a part time job, never took SSRI, does not have PSSD and does not know in and out of how it feels, there must be great motivation in him to help you... . Nobody cares about your PSSD. Deal with it.
Either someone from this community come up with the cure or you will die with it. Does not even need the mechanism to be known, just combination of what to take or why some people got helped by certain things and other did not.
If you do not want to try anything then u already gave up. I and many on this forum will try our best till the day we die.
And it's not fucking bro science, i would write here more about it and link you the papers but i really doubt you and anyone will even want to tune in. My writing style may be chaotic, because i am not a native speaker.
If you want i can link you like 50 links more or less related to PSSD and SSRI, you can read them in your free time, but with this attitude i doubt it you will go through 1 paper.
5-HT1A desensitization is baseless bro science. What i should not do is give estimation, because i have many teories and to go through single one takes like month or more so i cannot say that i will do anything in certain amount of time.
I do not want to discredit anyone who tries to do a research on PSSD, but for people who have this disease there should be more interest and motivation in understanding human physiology, instead all this forum is about is randomly swallowing supplements hoping for a miracle. Some scientific work will put a light on etiology of PSSD then what has to be done anyway is to get someone with PSSD to take some form of supplement or existing drug (very doubtful) to test the theory, because i promise to you with 100% certainity that developing drug specificially to target PSSD is out of contest, not now, not tomorrow and not in a 1000 thousand years.

#edit I researched David Healy MD, and i consider him very competent and valuable person for PSSD community, regardless of it everyone here should do their own research to faciliate understanding of PSSD etiology. The more research is done the better chance we have.

#edit2. I thought that it is more likely for me to develop treatment for PSSD first and understand the etiology will come second, but i think i was mistaken. The former will come later, the later will come first. I will make post about my recent discoveries in the upcoming days. So please stay tuned, it will be BIG. Wait out for the post in about week or two. written 14.07
keep up the good work bro and thanks for all your efforts!
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

guacamo wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:22 am

I am impressed by your efforts here, and you give us all hope. I am very grateful for your contributions here man, just reaching out to say thanks and keep going. Once we get closer and closer, I want to have you on my podcast to make this a public announcement to alleviate suffering.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Topic locked at request of poster