I am going to drop a major bomb soon

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
guacamo

Re: I am going to drop a major bomb soon

Unread post by guacamo »

This thread turned into a flamewar, so i just wanna say that i will comment full detail about my trial after i finish it, until then i will not give any notifications,. I will not say what i take due to the reasons mentioned in the main post.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Youcanwin, stop the personal attacks against guacamo and mods. You can respectfully disagree with people but now you are being pushy and throwing out insults.

Guacamo has not broken any rules or disrespected anyone by posting about his trial. From Guacamo's perspective, perhaps he feels the risk of people crashing from his trial is too great for now, but he wants to give people something to be hopeful about by revealing preliminary results. That is his choice to make. If users are offended or upset by this, they should work on their attitude because Guacamo is not trying to upset people.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Extremaduro

Unread post by Extremaduro »

People are impatient to wait to see the results. Maybe that's the main reason to jump among the meds.
CN9

Unread post by CN9 »

A lot of f-words in this pssdforum. kinda ironical.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Whats the reason behind windows with corticosteroids or mifepristone? Even PFS guys got windows from corticosteroids/mifepristone. PFS has nothing to with 5ht1a I guess. Cortisol / Immune response is key.
1day

Unread post by 1day »

cdraham wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:51 pm Whats the reason behind windows with corticosteroids or mifepristone? Even PFS guys got windows from corticosteroids/mifepristone. PFS has nothing to with 5ht1a I guess. Cortisol / Immune response is key.
I have same symptoms as you unable to get fever anhedonia pssd. I'm bed ridden can't think at all right now. Have vision problems. Memory loss, severe intolerance to everything. Can you tell if anything is helping you
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

guacamo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:39 pm Some of these are definetly PSSD related, why some do have more severe symptoms, it's from this 5-HT1A theory that these people pre-synaptic 5-HT1A receptor is desensitized more severely. PFS and PSSD do have some common symptoms, but correlation does not mean causation.
No I have to disagree here. I have severe cfs from ssri. Anhedonia weight gain muscle loss . And absolute no sexual sides. And my condition was 100 % due to ssri usage.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Maxin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:55 pm
guacamo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:39 pm Some of these are definetly PSSD related, why some do have more severe symptoms, it's from this 5-HT1A theory that these people pre-synaptic 5-HT1A receptor is desensitized more severely. PFS and PSSD do have some common symptoms, but correlation does not mean causation.
No I have to disagree here. I have severe cfs from ssri. Anhedonia weight gain muscle loss . And absolute no sexual sides. And my condition was 100 % due to ssri usage.
I agree with you. Those were basically my symptoms until I crashed hard from a 5ht1a agonist. Now I have severe sexual and cognitive symptoms. The 5ht1a receptor plays a huge role in pssd and it's the degrees of desensitization that determines severity of symptoms.
Breathdeep

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Impermanence wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:57 pm I'm neurologist but many of my patients have SSRI (not from me!!). Now I don't prescribe SSRI under 65 years old and I use Vortioxetine always
Seeing as your a neurologist, what's your honest opinion on this site. I see allot of people that talk as if they are consultants and seem to assume learning about specific parts of biology/medicine means they can speak with some level of clout that high up medical professionals have. Now I'm not disputing this but wanted to know your thoughts?
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

Breathdeep wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:39 am
Impermanence wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:57 pm I'm neurologist but many of my patients have SSRI (not from me!!). Now I don't prescribe SSRI under 65 years old and I use Vortioxetine always
Seeing as your a neurologist, what's your honest opinion on this site. I see allot of people that talk as if they are consultants and seem to assume learning about specific parts of biology/medicine means they can speak with some level of clout that high up medical professionals have. Now I'm not disputing this but wanted to know your thoughts?
To be honest I'm quite impressionated from somes who don't seem to be related to médecine and who say and know very interesting thing. I don't overtheorise in this forum because the only thing we truly know about PSSD is that we don't really know where does it from.
I also know that nowdays, with pubmed and the availability of the studies it's possible, not easy for everyone but possible to get a very good knowledge on a subject. That's why even if I'm neurologist and i also did a lot of research on PSSD, on neuro-sexuality I don't consider myself better than other here on this forum.
The only thing I think is too bas is that we don't do enough epidemiology and when someone ask a question we are so little to answer.
I would imagine something more clear, like a vote for any stuff like for example : Gingko biloba trial : positif, neutral, bad reaction. Use of tobacco, marijuana etc.
Our force here is the number we are but I think we under use it.
Why not using a systematic assessment for each supplement we try for example.
If it's very difficult to make a decent theory from pssd and try to figure out a treatment from this but it's possible to only consider experiences. Which supplement gave window? Which lead to recovery? Maybe try to take together fews promising supplement etc.