I am going to drop a major bomb soon

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Maxin

Re: I am going to drop a major bomb soon

Unread post by Maxin »

I experimented with statins two months ago. I swear I have so many weird synchronicities with this forum. After I try something someone always makes a post about it. And the most random things.
A man in a group I’m in cured his CFS randomly when he was put on a statin. Literally went from bedridden to recovered after years of being sick. So I decided to try some from my mom. Made my cfs way worse and my emotions even more flat.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Maxin wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:23 pm I experimented with statins two months ago. I swear I have so many weird synchronicities with this forum. After I try something someone always makes a post about it. And the most random things.
A man in a group I’m in cured his CFS randomly when he was put on a statin. Literally went from bedridden to recovered after years of being sick. So I decided to try some from my mom. Made my cfs way worse and my emotions even more flat.
Are you very sensitive to meds in general? What degree of pssd do you have? Statins cause a decrease in serotonin which may explain worsening symptoms. I'm sensitive to meds, so if I were to try statins, I'd microdose to upregulate receptors over time. This is assuming from limited research that statins effectively increase sert.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Maxin wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:23 pm I experimented with statins two months ago. I swear I have so many weird synchronicities with this forum. After I try something someone always makes a post about it. And the most random things.
Do you know what the statin was?

My friend has chronic EBV infection which has been associated with CFS. I found a small study showing the statin spironolactone improves some EBV-linked CFS cases.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

TalkingAnt wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:05 am

My friend has chronic EBV infection which has been associated with CFS. I found a small study showing the statin spironolactone improves some EBV-linked CFS cases.
Spironolactone is not a statin!
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Impermanence wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:52 pm
TalkingAnt wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:05 am

Spironolactone is not a statin!

Yeah spiro is not a statin. It’s also having some success for cfs but if I’m correct it messes with androgens or dht.
The statin I used was Lipitor which was the same used by the guy that was cured. You can see his story on phoenixrising
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Tree wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:09 pm
Are you very sensitive to meds in general? What degree of pssd do you have? Statins cause a decrease in serotonin which may explain worsening symptoms. I'm sensitive to meds, so if I were to try statins, I'd microdose to upregulate receptors over time. This is assuming from limited research that statins effectively increase sert.
My cfs is sensitive to meds I would say. Interesting the microdosing idea.
Here’s the link of the guy that cured his cfs with statins in case anyone is interested
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads ... lse.77895/
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

And tbh Lipitor felt very similar to when I took saw palmetto. I think they have some similar actions on hormones, at least for me. I felt very weak and exhausted.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

I have many promising ideas, but only 1 brain to test them, so things take time, also most of the safe ones went to the garbage so i wont take anyone of you for such a ride with me. If anyone of you is curious look up at internalization of 5-HT1A 5-HT7 heterodimer.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Nvm
Last edited by cdraham on Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Serotonin from gut is created via TPH1 and does not relate in any way to the serotonin in the brain, which is created form tryptophan via TPH2, serotonin from the gut does not cross blood-brain barrier. Gut bacteria creates substances that influence mood and brain, but serotonin is not one of them. I think knowing etiology is not even that important, we know few things that cured people, and the answer we need to know why it helped them and it did not help others.