My PSSD hypothesis (NH3, hyperammonemia, infections) 3 years of research, trial and error

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
nicopickle

Re: My PSSD hypothesis (NH3, hyperammonemia, infections) 3 years of research, trial and error

Unread post by nicopickle »

cdraham wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:43 am
nicopickle wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:43 am your post is very interesting to me. after doing a single FMT i was able to sleep fine for the first time in ages. i haven’t done any fmts since but i believe that it takes several to get good effects
What do you mean by sleep fine. How is your sleep usually, what improved?
are you able to talk over voice? i’d like to share my entire experience with you. this has me very intrigued
cdraham

Re: My PSSD hypothesis (NH3, hyperammonemia, infections) 3 years of research, trial and error

Unread post by cdraham »

nicopickle wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:50 am
cdraham wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:43 am
nicopickle wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:43 am your post is very interesting to me. after doing a single FMT i was able to sleep fine for the first time in ages. i haven’t done any fmts since but i believe that it takes several to get good effects
What do you mean by sleep fine. How is your sleep usually, what improved?
are you able to talk over voice? i’d like to share my entire experience with you. this has me very intrigued
Yeah, send me a PM
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

cdraham wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:38 am
PsychoGenesis wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:48 am hey cdraham nice list and summary :)
yes for ammonia being responsible for headaches at least, tested with SB/glycine here, may take a few intermittent doses to notice

my ANA was negative fyi
That's interesting, what was the dose? Maybe genes for weak ammonia removal are another predisposing factor for pssd. Many people get SIBO without the obvious sexual sides - I think the ones that do have issues with the genes that control ammonia removal
as per the CFS protocol around 250mg every 30 minutes with a cup of water, usually takes me a couple doses
i don't use it often only when resetting the purine nucleotide cycle(intentional or accidental)
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:30 pm
cdraham wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:38 am
PsychoGenesis wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:48 am hey cdraham nice list and summary :)
yes for ammonia being responsible for headaches at least, tested with SB/glycine here, may take a few intermittent doses to notice

my ANA was negative fyi
That's interesting, what was the dose? Maybe genes for weak ammonia removal are another predisposing factor for pssd. Many people get SIBO without the obvious sexual sides - I think the ones that do have issues with the genes that control ammonia removal
as per the CFS protocol around 250mg every 30 minutes with a cup of water, usually takes me a couple doses
i don't use it often only when resetting the purine nucleotide cycle(intentional or accidental)
I rly dont know why this does not seen to work for the 24/7 baseline headpressure
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Maybe, instead of glycerol phenylbutyrate, l-ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate (OKG) would also be worth a try.

"It's the alpha-ketoglutarate (alpha-KG) part that participates in ammonia consumption in two different metabolic cycles: citric acid cycle and trans-sulfuration cycle. The citric acid cycle requires vitamin B3, magnesium and manganese. The trans-sulfuration cycle requires PLP aka Pyridoxal 5′-phosphate, the biologically active form of Vitamin B6."
Maxin

Re: A more general PSSD hypothesis (NH3, hyperammonemia, infections) 3 years of research, trial and error

Unread post by Maxin »

bigpoppa10040 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:56 pm Love this theory. My theory is more along autoimmune. I think the high ammonia is from muscle breakdown and thus protein breakdown. But yes these are the theories I agree with
Has the way your immune system functioned changed since ssri? Mine has completely changed and it’s been going on 16 years now. Before ssri I would get cold sores every other month. I’ve had two in 16 years (and always during my best windows). I cannot catch or cold or flu to save my life. It’s bizarre. So huge involvement in immune system shifts. And people might think it’s healthy to never get sick but symptoms from sickness show a robust immune response. My nk function is bottom of the barrel.
cdraham

Re: A more general PSSD hypothesis (NH3, hyperammonemia, infections) 3 years of research, trial and error

Unread post by cdraham »

Last edited by cdraham on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

Maxin wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:35 pm
bigpoppa10040 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:56 pm Love this theory. My theory is more along autoimmune. I think the high ammonia is from muscle breakdown and thus protein breakdown. But yes these are the theories I agree with
Has the way your immune system functioned changed since ssri? Mine has completely changed and it’s been going on 16 years now. Before ssri I would get cold sores every other month. I’ve had two in 16 years (and always during my best windows). I cannot catch or cold or flu to save my life. It’s bizarre. So huge involvement in immune system shifts. And people might think it’s healthy to never get sick but symptoms from sickness show a robust immune response. My nk function is bottom of the barrel.
For me it is absolutely the same! I had a cold sore maybe once a month and now since I stopped SNRIs 2,5 years ago not one!!!
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Last edited by cdraham on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truskawa

Unread post by Truskawa »

I started taking L-Ornithine today. I will report soon.
I really appreciate your work!