UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Topics related to activism.
Frog
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

People of the UK, please also share this with your friends and family who are aware of your condition. The more letters and emails the stronger our case
Panax Ginseng, Lithium Orotate, Boron, Cordyceps, Tyrosine, Red Maca, Horny Goats Weed, Tribulus, Shilajit

U.K. members, please contact your MP and let me know!
Frog
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

Still only had one response since restarting this. This is a great opportunity that we can’t miss. There is definitely more than just one person from the U.K. on this forum who can get involved. Not to be harsh but there’s no point in moaning and feeling sorry for yourself if you can’t be bothered to try and improve things
Panax Ginseng, Lithium Orotate, Boron, Cordyceps, Tyrosine, Red Maca, Horny Goats Weed, Tribulus, Shilajit

U.K. members, please contact your MP and let me know!
Breathdeep
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:45 am
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Frog wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:18 am Still only had one response since restarting this. This is a great opportunity that we can’t miss. There is definitely more than just one person from the U.K. on this forum who can get involved. Not to be harsh but there’s no point in moaning and feeling sorry for yourself if you can’t be bothered to try and improve things
I'm from the UK. I think it s great idea. I'll find my local MP(Bristol) and write them. Is there any other ways you've thought of to gain attention?

The problem is maybe ppl are embarrassed to talk about this. I'm not. Nothing is worse than silently suffocating

Has someone tried to start a petition. I imagine it would be hard to get enough signatures
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
Frog
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

Breathdeep wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:39 am
Frog wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:18 am Still only had one response since restarting this. This is a great opportunity that we can’t miss. There is definitely more than just one person from the U.K. on this forum who can get involved. Not to be harsh but there’s no point in moaning and feeling sorry for yourself if you can’t be bothered to try and improve things
I'm from the UK. I think it s great idea. I'll find my local MP(Bristol) and write them. Is there any other ways you've thought of to gain attention?

The problem is maybe ppl are embarrassed to talk about this. I'm not. Nothing is worse than silently suffocating

Has someone tried to start a petition. I imagine it would be hard to get enough signatures
Thanks for getting involved, let me know when you’ve done it so I can pass your MPs name on!

I considered starting a petition but you’re right, signatures would be limited. The groups I contacted about sharing it didn’t reply and it we’re struggling enough getting people to do this!
Panax Ginseng, Lithium Orotate, Boron, Cordyceps, Tyrosine, Red Maca, Horny Goats Weed, Tribulus, Shilajit

U.K. members, please contact your MP and let me know!
Breathdeep
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:45 am
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Frog wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:43 pm
Breathdeep wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:39 am
Frog wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:18 am Still only had one response since restarting this. This is a great opportunity that we can’t miss. There is definitely more than just one person from the U.K. on this forum who can get involved. Not to be harsh but there’s no point in moaning and feeling sorry for yourself if you can’t be bothered to try and improve things
I'm from the UK. I think it s great idea. I'll find my local MP(Bristol) and write them. Is there any other ways you've thought of to gain attention?

The problem is maybe ppl are embarrassed to talk about this. I'm not. Nothing is worse than silently suffocating

Has someone tried to start a petition. I imagine it would be hard to get enough signatures
Thanks for getting involved, let me know when you’ve done it so I can pass your MPs name on!

I considered starting a petition but you’re right, signatures would be limited. The groups I contacted about sharing it didn’t reply and it we’re struggling enough getting people to do this!
Her name's Kerry McCarthy
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
Frog
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

Breathdeep wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:46 pm
Frog wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:43 pm
Breathdeep wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:39 am

I'm from the UK. I think it s great idea. I'll find my local MP(Bristol) and write them. Is there any other ways you've thought of to gain attention?

The problem is maybe ppl are embarrassed to talk about this. I'm not. Nothing is worse than silently suffocating

Has someone tried to start a petition. I imagine it would be hard to get enough signatures
Thanks for getting involved, let me know when you’ve done it so I can pass your MPs name on!

I considered starting a petition but you’re right, signatures would be limited. The groups I contacted about sharing it didn’t reply and it we’re struggling enough getting people to do this!
Her name's Kerry McCarthy
Awesome, thank you!
Panax Ginseng, Lithium Orotate, Boron, Cordyceps, Tyrosine, Red Maca, Horny Goats Weed, Tribulus, Shilajit

U.K. members, please contact your MP and let me know!
Breathdeep
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:45 am
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Breathdeep »

Frog wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:23 pm
Breathdeep wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:46 pm
Frog wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:43 pm

Thanks for getting involved, let me know when you’ve done it so I can pass your MPs name on!

I considered starting a petition but you’re right, signatures would be limited. The groups I contacted about sharing it didn’t reply and it we’re struggling enough getting people to do this!
Her name's Kerry McCarthy
Awesome, thank you!
this is her reply btw....

Thank you for your email about the side effects of mental health medication, particularly relating to PSSD, or Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction. I am sorry that you appear to be suffering with PSSD, and I expect this has caused you unimaginable distress, discomfort and worry relating to your future, particularly plans to start a family. The high suicide rate associated with young men experiencing PSSD is also a cause for worry, and I appreciate you sharing this with me.



I agree that there is not much public awareness of PSSD or the emotional/social damage it causes. Although I was aware that sexual dysfunction can be a side effect of taking such medication, I was not aware of this term until your email. If you would like me to, I could write to the Secretary of State for Health, Matt Hancock MP and request that the Government raises more awareness of PSSD – both generally and among GPs, as I expect that lack of medical awareness prevents people from being accurately diagnosed with this issue. I recognise that this is a rather stigmatised condition, so I would be happy to write to him anonymously or on your behalf including your name, depending on what you would prefer. Please let me know if this is something you would like me to pursue.



I hope that you are now getting the support you deserve, whether from urologists, other medical specialists and other sufferers of this condition via forums. Thank you again for contacting me about this issue.



Best wishes,



Kerry McCarthy

Labour MP for Bristol East
Sertraline 2018-2019
Fluoxetine November 2020
Symptoms low libido and ED
also muted emotions
User avatar
Twentyoneguns
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Twentyoneguns »

Good result Breathdeep. I had a reply from my MP, who seems sympathetic to the PSSD plight, he said he is writing to the Secretary of State for Health and will let me know when he receives a reply.

Anybody else in the UK? please get involved...

21
Male
PSSD after 3 days on Sertraline (50mg) (Aurobindo) December 2016 to date.
Tinnitus, insomnia (1.5 hours/night sleep) poor memory/cognition as a bonus!
Possibly PSSD from October 1998...just didn't realise what I was suffering from! (pre internet)
Frog
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

That’s a great response, thank you! I’m still yet to hear back from my MP. I’ll call his office again next week and see what the situation is. Hopefully from there we can organise the cross party collaboration!
Panax Ginseng, Lithium Orotate, Boron, Cordyceps, Tyrosine, Red Maca, Horny Goats Weed, Tribulus, Shilajit

U.K. members, please contact your MP and let me know!
Frog
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: UK MEMBERS, DO YOUR PART, GET INVOLVED!!!

Unread post by Frog »

That’s a great response, thank you! I’m still yet to hear back from my MP. I’ll call his office again next week and see what the situation is. Hopefully from there we can organise the cross party collaboration!
Panax Ginseng, Lithium Orotate, Boron, Cordyceps, Tyrosine, Red Maca, Horny Goats Weed, Tribulus, Shilajit

U.K. members, please contact your MP and let me know!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest