RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Topics related to activism.
REVOLUTIONIZE

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by REVOLUTIONIZE »

Strongly disagree with you, small amount can still be donated to Rxisk every month and it will have significant benefits. And this post's topic is not about Mesolimbo's project.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Not knocking the effort, just think the money is better invested in something that can actually find a cure. I’m not suggesting that the prize is a bad campaign or saying don’t donate to it, quite the opposite. My point is the chance of research is very rare and we may not get another like this in our lifetime so perhaps it would be better to split the donations between the two
vkn1

Unread post by vkn1 »

You don't get HUGE funding from nowhere. You have to start with small money to get small results first. Then with the initial results you can justify more investigation via more money. This cycle continues until there is sufficient evidence to justify a large and expensive study. The idea that not doing anything at all because you need much more to get a cure is completely incorrect and ridiculous.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

vkn1 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:36 pm You don't get HUGE funding from nowhere. You have to start with small money to get small results first. Then with the initial results you can justify more investigation via more money. This cycle continues until there is sufficient evidence to justify a large and expensive study. The idea that not doing anything at all because you need much more to get a cure is completely incorrect and ridiculous.
I didn’t suggest not to do anything. I said maybe split donations between the two. Thing to remember is PSSD isn’t like other conditions, it’s much more political because of the financial repercussions that it could land on drug companies hence the lack of media coverage. You also have to take into account the social aspect of this. The media don’t want to put people off taking meds as we saw through the cancellation of the BBC documentary. Chances of research for this condition are extremely rare so we should make the most of those that we get
REVOLUTIONIZE

Well, political and social aspects - that's what the prize is aiming at, Dr. Healy will not spend it on research straight away, it's about making noise.

Chaces of getting a research are very rare, but what are the chances that conducting one sponsored by my money will uncover anything ?
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

REVOLUTIONIZE wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:08 am Well, political and social aspects - that's what the prize is aiming at, Dr. Healy will not spend it on research straight away, it's about making noise.

Chaces of getting a research are very rare, but what are the chances that conducting one sponsored by my money will uncover anything ?
To repeat myself, I am NOT mocking the prize or saying that it’s a bad thing that you shouldn’t donate to. With regards to the research, as I said in my initial post, wait for the research outline before making any decisions in saying it won’t work or uncover anything. I understand your scepticism.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

How long does it take to get to know the Mesolimbo project?

I made a donation to the rxisk prize time ago. I would feel more motivated to make other donations if I saw that many do it and the prize increases considerably.

Dr Healy takes all the courage and commitment possible to make our way but why do we remain so passive?

Courage guys. If it weren't for Rxisk and Healy at this hour we were much more in the dark and abandoned. Let's try to speed things up. Have we given up the rxisk prize?!
Could it be also a good idea to advertise on social networks and ask for missing money to some organization, association, rich person, famous person?
I saw a good guy on twitter who had this idea.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

anacleta wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:52 am How long does it take to get to know the Mesolimbo project?

I made a donation to the rxisk prize time ago. I would feel more motivated to make other donations if I saw that many do it and the prize increases considerably.

Dr Healy takes all the courage and commitment possible to make our way but why do we remain so passive?

Courage guys. If it weren't for Rxisk and Healy at this hour we were much more in the dark and abandoned. Let's try to speed things up. Have we given up the rxisk prize?!
Could it be also a good idea to advertise on social networks and ask for missing money to some organization, association, rich person, famous person?
We should know outline very soon. I can’t give an exact date or timescale but he’s working on it
REVOLUTIONIZE

anacleta wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:52 am How long does it take to get to know the Mesolimbo project?

There is no leadership here, that's why you won't see the forum going towards activism. It's better to be "forum scientists" 😂.
climb

Unread post by climb »

I've just donated and set up a direct debit.
:geek:

Let's get this moving, and hit the target!