RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Topics related to activism.
fema4psyciatrists
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:46 pm
Contact:

RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

"This Prize is part of a two-pronged attack on the unwillingness of the medical and regulatory establishments to listen to people with adverse events in general – not just the sexual dysfunctions mentioned here. The second front in the attack will be unveiled in a few weeks’ time."


"The prize
We are following in the footsteps of the method that led to a solution to the famous Longitude problem in instituting a Prize.

The first step is to raise $100,000 toward a Prize for a Cure. We would like as many people as possible who are affected or related to someone who is affected to make a donation of $200 towards a target fund of $100,000.

As mentioned, solving this problem will likely make a major contribution to solving the enduring withdrawal syndromes that affect anyone taking antidepressants and antipsychotics. Five per cent of the populations of North America and Europe, and anywhere else where antidepressants are used on the same scale, are unable to get off treatment because of withdrawal problems – that is 50 million people in North America and Europe alone. Fifty million cents would be $500,000 – so a target of $100,000 seems more than reachable.

The Prize will be offered to anyone who finds a cure for PSSD, PFS or PRSD. This could be a doctor, a scientist, a drug company, a member of the public – anyone. There are no restrictions.

RxISK has several sufferers from each of these syndromes who have convincing enduring conditions. The Prize will be given if someone can bring about a restoration to normal, or very close to it, that endures in our volunteers.

There are several reasons why we chose to make this initiative about sexual dysfunction rather than other problems such as antidepressant withdrawal. Mainly because the time is right, and there is already a strong basis to build upon. As more than one type of drug is involved, there is also potentially a larger group of people to approach the problem from different angles."

https://rxisk.org/launching-the-rxisk-prize/


We need to donate to the pool

Lets do this people!
RIP Dark0047 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
future-recovery
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:14 am
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by future-recovery »

Don't send money to them unless you are very rich. There won't be anyone who finds a cure. Without expensive research this is not possible. Probably there are even different types of PSSD, so one single cure might be even not possible. You just lose your money and in the end when nobody finds a cure they will send all the money to the Post-finasteride syndrome foundation, so the money is lost then.
It's much better to spend your money for future PSSD research.
Rxisk wrote: If no one claims the prize, we will use the money to support the most innovative research proposal or donate it to the PFS Foundation
And by the way I don't think that Post-finasteride syndrome and PSSD are the same. The symptoms are different. Depression seems to be a much more defining symptom of PFS than of PSSD. PFS is also about other symptoms like genital atrophy which is mostly not the case with PSSD.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
gianno121
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by gianno121 »

future-recovery wrote:Don't send money to them unless you are very rich. There won't be anyone who finds a cure. Without expensive research this is not possible. Probably there are even different types of PSSD, so one single cure might be even not possible. You just lose your money and in the end when nobody finds a cure they will send all the money to the Post-finasteride syndrome foundation, so the money is lost then.
It's much better to spend your money for future PSSD research.
Rxisk wrote: If no one claims the prize, we will use the money to support the most innovative research proposal or donate it to the PFS Foundation
And by the way I don't think that Post-finasteride syndrome and PSSD are the same. The symptoms are different. Depression seems to be a much more defining symptom of PFS than of PSSD. PFS is also about other symptoms like genital atrophy which is mostly not the case with PSSD.

I think the 100.000$ can be an incentive for many scientists. Im thinkin about to donate 500$.
Btw penile atrophy Is a consequence of Not getting a Full erection. I have Pssd and suffer from this and many others i think.
Marksanchez397
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:55 am
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by Marksanchez397 »

fema4psyciatrists wrote:"This Prize is part of a two-pronged attack on the unwillingness of the medical and regulatory establishments to listen to people with adverse events in general – not just the sexual dysfunctions mentioned here. The second front in the attack will be unveiled in a few weeks’ time."


"The prize
We are following in the footsteps of the method that led to a solution to the famous Longitude problem in instituting a Prize.

The first step is to raise $100,000 toward a Prize for a Cure. We would like as many people as possible who are affected or related to someone who is affected to make a donation of $200 towards a target fund of $100,000.

As mentioned, solving this problem will likely make a major contribution to solving the enduring withdrawal syndromes that affect anyone taking antidepressants and antipsychotics. Five per cent of the populations of North America and Europe, and anywhere else where antidepressants are used on the same scale, are unable to get off treatment because of withdrawal problems – that is 50 million people in North America and Europe alone. Fifty million cents would be $500,000 – so a target of $100,000 seems more than reachable.

The Prize will be offered to anyone who finds a cure for PSSD, PFS or PRSD. This could be a doctor, a scientist, a drug company, a member of the public – anyone. There are no restrictions.

RxISK has several sufferers from each of these syndromes who have convincing enduring conditions. The Prize will be given if someone can bring about a restoration to normal, or very close to it, that endures in our volunteers.

There are several reasons why we chose to make this initiative about sexual dysfunction rather than other problems such as antidepressant withdrawal. Mainly because the time is right, and there is already a strong basis to build upon. As more than one type of drug is involved, there is also potentially a larger group of people to approach the problem from different angles."

https://rxisk.org/launching-the-rxisk-prize/


We need to donate to the pool

Lets do this people!
I think it's a very good idea!!! PSSD and Pfs are VERY similar and even if the cure was not discovered and donated to the foundation pfs, his discoveries about what is happening with the sexual response of people suffering from these syndromes would give the key to what is happening.
fema4psyciatrists
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Marksanchez397 wrote:
fema4psyciatrists wrote:"This Prize is part of a two-pronged attack on the unwillingness of the medical and regulatory establishments to listen to people with adverse events in general – not just the sexual dysfunctions mentioned here. The second front in the attack will be unveiled in a few weeks’ time."


"The prize
We are following in the footsteps of the method that led to a solution to the famous Longitude problem in instituting a Prize.

The first step is to raise $100,000 toward a Prize for a Cure. We would like as many people as possible who are affected or related to someone who is affected to make a donation of $200 towards a target fund of $100,000.

As mentioned, solving this problem will likely make a major contribution to solving the enduring withdrawal syndromes that affect anyone taking antidepressants and antipsychotics. Five per cent of the populations of North America and Europe, and anywhere else where antidepressants are used on the same scale, are unable to get off treatment because of withdrawal problems – that is 50 million people in North America and Europe alone. Fifty million cents would be $500,000 – so a target of $100,000 seems more than reachable.

The Prize will be offered to anyone who finds a cure for PSSD, PFS or PRSD. This could be a doctor, a scientist, a drug company, a member of the public – anyone. There are no restrictions.

RxISK has several sufferers from each of these syndromes who have convincing enduring conditions. The Prize will be given if someone can bring about a restoration to normal, or very close to it, that endures in our volunteers.

There are several reasons why we chose to make this initiative about sexual dysfunction rather than other problems such as antidepressant withdrawal. Mainly because the time is right, and there is already a strong basis to build upon. As more than one type of drug is involved, there is also potentially a larger group of people to approach the problem from different angles."

https://rxisk.org/launching-the-rxisk-prize/


We need to donate to the pool

Lets do this people!
I think it's a very good idea!!! PSSD and Pfs are VERY similar and even if the cure was not discovered and donated to the foundation pfs, his discoveries about what is happening with the sexual response of people suffering from these syndromes would give the key to what is happening.
Precisely!
RIP Dark0047 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
future-recovery
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:14 am
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by future-recovery »

I hope you guys don't forget that we need to collect much money for the German study...
No scientist will be attracted by the prize. One single cure is unrealistic and I don't think that it is possible to develop a new drug with just 100.000$. Moreover the scientist couldn't be sure whether the remedy would win as some people even might not have PSSD but something else.

And as I said it's completely unclear whether PFS has the same cause. PFS users report a different symptomatology in my opinion.
Even the side effects during the treatment are different. Sexual dysfunction is a very common SSRI side effect, but it's not a very common finasteride side effect. ≈60-80% suffer from sexual dysfunction during the SSRI treatment whereas only ≈5% suffer from sexual dysfunction during finasteride treatment, so the mechanisms might be very different.
Moreover the PFS foundation is already able to finance many studies. You just lose your money. You guys are mad when you spend your money for a condition that has nothing to do with PSSD in the end instead of financing PSSD research. I guess with 100.000$ you even could found a PSSD foundation.

I also want to remind you that Rxisk is not very cooperative when it comes to PSSD research. When Ben-Sheetrit announced his PSSD study, Rxisk objected to inform people about the study and even deleted comments that wanted to inform about the study.
Rxisk also cancelled the Cardiff study without informing us.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
sjv16477
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by sjv16477 »

There are 2 studies that could be actually funded by Healy's collection

- The Melcangi's study on rats in order to discover the lasting effects of SSRIs on the brain, that Coraggio funded for 50k euros (yes I wrote 50000 euros) but that need at least other 50k.

- The german study that until now is fund less.

So for first write a comment on rxisk or by mail to Healy about these studies so they will be aware about them, then DONATE!

This is the link for the donation

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... FEYWWD2BS6
Last edited by sjv16477 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sjv16477
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by sjv16477 »

future-recovery wrote:I hope you guys don't forget that we need to collect much money for the German study...
No scientist will be attracted by the prize. One single cure is unrealistic and I don't think that it is possible to develop a new drug with just 100.000$. Moreover the scientist couldn't be sure whether the remedy would win as some people even might not have PSSD but something else.

And as I said it's completely unclear whether PFS has the same cause. PFS users report a different symptomatology in my opinion.
Even the side effects during the treatment are different. Sexual dysfunction is a very common SSRI side effect, but it's not a very common finasteride side effect. ≈60-80% suffer from sexual dysfunction during the SSRI treatment whereas only ≈5% suffer from sexual dysfunction during finasteride treatment, so the mechanisms might be very different.
Moreover the PFS foundation is already able to finance many studies. You just lose your money. You guys are mad when you spend your money for a condition that has nothing to do with PSSD in the end instead of financing PSSD research. I guess with 100.000$ you even could found a PSSD foundation.

I also want to remind you that Rxisk is not very cooperative when it comes to PSSD research. When Ben-Sheetrit announced his PSSD study, Rxisk objected to inform people about the study and even deleted comments that wanted to inform about the study.
Rxisk also cancelled the Cardiff study without informing us.
What about the PSSD foundation? Surely we prefer to donate to the foundation.
future-recovery
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:14 am
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by future-recovery »

There is no PSSD foundation. But according to sulawesi he is about to found a PSSD organisation.
As I said it's a very bad idea to send money to Rxisk.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
Kinncrimson
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:20 am
Contact:

Re: RXISK Issues $100,000 Prize for the Cure For PSSD

Unread post by Kinncrimson »

Please NO ONE listen to this guy!!!!

Maybe he has some personal issues with Healy or his site.

What's wrong with you? why are you so mad?

Dr. Healy is IN DEED looking for a PSSD cure.

He is asking for 200 dollars, that's all you could lose??
Not that bad, isn't it?
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest