The First PSSD Documentary Needs You

Topics related to activism.
Kevin2017

Re: The First PSSD Documentary Needs You

Unread post by Kevin2017 »

It is not ethical to give the impression that a medical expert acting in the interests of patients agreed to take part in a proposed documentary when they did not and if you are claiming that at any point any such an agreement was retracted then you should have stated that explicitly, but there never was any agreement in the first place.

I have never praised, used or linked to your videos in any way. Your videos give such an incoherent and implausible portrayal of PSSD that the only conclusion to be drawn from them as that you are either woefully naïve or else calculatedly undermining PSSD.

On a more general point, anyone who does not have a baseline of sexual functioning to refer to prior to their taking psychiatric drugs ie because they were pre-pubescent, will not be able to offer a convincing case of PSSD regardless of whether they have been affected by it. Other forms of activism would of course still be open to them if they genuinely wanted to help.

I am not going to entertain your theatrics.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Let me address your concerns only.
Kevin2017 wrote:It is not ethical to give the impression that a medical expert acting in the interests of patients agreed to take part in a proposed documentary when they did not and if you are claiming that at any point any such an agreement was retracted then you should have stated that explicitly, but there never was any agreement in the first place.
What gives you the reasoning to accuse me of lying? I could prove this to you by screenshot the emails but I will NOT do so as you would agree that would be unethical? Did you complain to Dr Healy about me? Because if you were aware that he was not going to take part anymore on the 8th of May then you were aware of that far before I was because I only found that out chasing up yesterday. You complaining was not the reason he gave me and if his reason helps PSSD awareness then I am happy and the documentary will go on anyway. I got agreement for an interview as well as informed consent permission to mention his interview on this original pssdforum post. Can you explain how do you know otherwise any different from this?
Kevin2017 wrote: I have never praised, used or linked to your videos in any way. Your videos give such an incoherent and implausible portrayal of PSSD that the only conclusion to be drawn from them as that you are either woefully naïve or else calculatedly undermining PSSD.
Well the video that you took down that you uploaded for the 'coherent sane voice' of PSSD awareness was uploaded to facebook on a facebook page with your video that also has since been taken down the address is still cached in google at:

https://m.facebook.com/Post-SSRI-Sexual ... 528124312/

under the google description of: "Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction - Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/Post-SSRI-Sexual ... 528124312/
Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction. 124 likes. (PSSD) is a name given to a reported iatrogenic sexual dysfunction caused by the previous use of selective..."

My memory which is absolutely real was you, or someone else that made that PSSD facebook page with your video, then posting or uploading my video on this public page saying look there is somebody else too.

I thought it was a very good video for PSSD awareness and if you or anyone cared and didn't want to dismiss me attempting to interpret my reality of being on heavy treatment as a pre-pubescent child it would certainly counter whatever 'incomprohension' or bad interpretation you mock my experience of that I am more committed open and brave to talk about. I will not only tell my half truth if I am going to tell the truth I might as well tell my whole truth, unless it may benefit and end goal.
Kevin2017 wrote: On a more general point, anyone who does not have a baseline of sexual functioning to refer to prior to their taking psychiatric drugs ie because they were pre-pubescent, will not be able to offer a convincing case of PSSD regardless of whether they have been affected by it. Other forms of activism would of course still be open to them if they genuinely wanted to help.
I am not the most socially coherent person in the world, but I am pretty much the only person willing and trying to talk. On the first couple of internet radio interviews I tried to do for PSSD awareness the first one I could not even articulate saying anything that made sense. The second one on the James Moore Let's Talk Withdrawal podcast I closed my eyes and I tried my best to articulate what has happened since I was a pre-pubescent child and what PSSD is. You wanna do better please be my guest it would be very very welcome for PSSD awareness. I don't want to do any of this it is not like I am a great talker, I am nearly the only one. I reached out to 50 something countless bigger or mental health charity backed internet radio stations too and none of them would give me a breath of time. Another person here was mocked by Dr Phil TV show after reaching out to them. I am not the only one here accused of being a nutcase instead of PSSD existing... everyone here pretty much was given the drugs for being mentally out of range. Do I mock anyone that was given PSSD from antidepressants for excessive worrying for 2 days? Medically that is impossible to most and no I do not mock them or say don't talk you are undermining PSSD and you don't have PSSD or have no understanding of PSSD. I have talked on fringe internet radio stations that would have me with people with different beliefs or shows also with real people that have been sterilised under the knife under the real public official eugenics program of North Carolina for being 'feeble minded'. Also have known/heard of one person in my country that was sterilised under the knife for being different (wrong skin colour) and later killed herself. The reality is that people will come to this forum that have been medicated with antipsychotics or trazadone or multiple drugs and have PSSD, some of them will even actually be considered mentally ill or diagnosed with schizophrenia or depression shock shock. I will give a voice to ALL of them morally and ideologically. As I have done.

The 10 minute documentary is not mine and is not being done by me, I am merely one of the 5 people that have had their 'personal accounts' interviewed or documented and assisting him where I can. He or the other presenters have no opinion of eugenics or my opinions they are simply discovering PSSD and giving a voice to it that doesn't even exist after 20 something years. He could even delete those particular references that I probably made in my interview if I insist upon it.

That being said I feel quite sad that all my efforts are taken in sometimes hostile ways in people I thought may understand. Maybe the forum or Rxisk is not the place I can be truely say what I feel of trying to remember what has happened to me with PSSD from my treatment starting as a 10 year old. I feel quite sad and may be this will be the last project or 2 of efforts I will make then pack it up and turn off the laptop.

If this is in the best interest of PSSD then that is good and so be it. But why don't you re-upload your better opinion of what PSSD is? It would be great for PSSD awareness.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Fema I definitely appreciate your work and dedication. I personally love your input on the forum. We need everyone on here.

I'd be excited to hear from the maker of the documentary.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

I have never praised, used or linked to your videos in any way. Your videos give such an incoherent and implausible portrayal of PSSD that the only conclusion to be drawn from them as that you are either woefully naïve or else calculatedly undermining PSSD.
While I appreciate the need for a very clean image of PSSD being presented to the outside world this is silly. It is completely understandable for someone who has suffered so much due to poor mental health care to take an extreme stance towards psychiatry. It's important we don't promote that here but it'd be very sad indeed if we turned our backs on some people just because they've been more damaged than others by their experience with psychiatric drugs.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
been_too_long

Unread post by been_too_long »

raven100 wrote:
While I appreciate the need for a very clean image of PSSD being presented to the outside world this is silly. It is completely understandable for someone who has suffered so much due to poor mental health care to take an extreme stance towards psychiatry. It's important we don't promote that here but it'd be very sad indeed if we turned our backs on some people just because they've been more damaged than others by their experience with psychiatric drugs.
While I would agree it is wrong to "turn our Backs' is not the way to go, it is also a slippery slop. Saying that a person was "suffered due to poor mental health or is "more damaged than others" is a totally unsupportable comment. Do you have first hand knowledge of the persons TRUE medical/mental history? How can you claim they was abused without such information. I offer up the possibility that a person with a mental illness can have distorted views of their experience. I am not pointing at a person directly, just saying it is a extreme possibility. I personally have made such a mistake on these forums. I was very antagonist towards a person because was disgusted by his views/comments. Latter after looking over that persons back threads it became quite clearly he was most likely experiencing a manic phase. He has distinct patterns in his "ranting." We do have to keep in mind that there is members who actually NEEDED the meds and professional care.

Personally I am not willing to be a part of this "project" for several reasons; ranging from lack of believe in its central message to total disagreement to how its being done. I see it as more damaging to our cause than helpful. It will seriously put PSSDs credibility at risk. Perception is everything and that should be taken into account. But hey, just as I am entitled to my opinion; so are they.
Kevin2017

This message is for all PSSD sufferers but I address the moderator Jaxx specifically as it was Jaxx who threatened to censor me and is likely to be the person on this forum who has done so.

The discussion and vote which has now been locked (only a few hours after Jaxx declared that it would be locked "tomorrow") because he said the discussion wasnt appreciated, seems to have been appreciated by the 5 other forum members who have openly opposed the misrepresentation of PSSD through these discrediting videos. They stated the view that it was inappropriate for PSSD to be described within online videos as a conspiracy to prevent people from being able to have children. One of the forum users rightly referred to this as reprehensible. Jaxx are you sure you are standing in a position of legitimacy when you arbitrarily decide what discussions aren`t allowed for PSSD sufferers? Is your role to assist in the coordination of effective activism or to prevent disputes at whatever cost to the progress of PSSD sufferers? Also can you elaborate on what you mean by "do not create a new topic"? Are you telling me not to post messages on this forum? I`ll say what needs to be said now then and let it be a message for all forum members that this is how the moderators are choosing to censor debate.

To the person who has posted this very discrediting and irrational message about PSSD being a conspiracy to prevent the mentally ill from procreating - Can you now remove your online videos that give this message as you are misrepresenting PSSD in a way that has been objected to by PSSD sufferers?

I did previously highlight the problem with the pretend activist; ie because he d been on psychiatric drugs before puberty, had been on so many different psychiatric drugs, and continues to be `mentally ill` coming forward to represent PSSD but others didnt seem to realise that this is exactly why this ostensible activist has come forward. Consider what Professor Healy says about PSSD "This is the way we establish if a drug is causing a problem or not. You let people like doctors or whoever ask you all sorts of questions about things that they think might conceivably be causing the problem and if they cant see any other way to explain it except the pill, then it`s the pill that`s caused it. That`s the best way to link a pill to a problem." It is therefore impossible for anyone with the psychiatric history that this person has or is pretending to have, to present PSSD in any constructive way. Of course we would all welcome anyone without a plausible case of pssd who was still acting in good faith to help other pssd sufferers but that is not what`s happening. I did highlight the disadvantage of people coming forward to talk with blurred out faces and scrambled voices to talk about pssd before which he was trying to encourage everyone to do. Has the penny dropped for you yet that the darth vader effect in telling the public about pssd wasnt the way to go?

However, more importantly than this is for other people to be aware of someone acting in bad faith ie against the interests of PSSD sufferers and bear this in mind when you take active steps like trying to engage MPs. Don`t bring along a story that is only going to contaminate and discredit PSSD.

Of course he is very unlikely to remove his videos because they serve the purpose for which they were intended. It is glaringly obvious to me that all of these videos are intentionally discrediting of PSSD and there is only one plausible motivation for anyone to make such videos but leaving all of that aside people need to be aware of just how damaging to PSSD it could be.

This persons online videos exploit the vulnerability of PSSD sufferers who typically feel unable to articulate their condition and for us collectively it enables us to rely on a spokesperson that relieves us of the necessity to come forward but he is delivering the exact opposite message to the one that is going to establish PSSD as a commonly understood medical condition.

I`m not judging anyone else who feels unable to go public about their PSSD but while people don`t feel confident or arent in the right position to come forward it is important to at least not contribute to the discrediting of PSSD through supporting this person`s videos

Jaxx as for your point about why I`m re-posting previously-mentioned points, well (without getting into forum criticisms) there`s renewed impetus from media people due to the EMA`s recommendation regarding PSSD in June following which I`ve been interviewed by numerous journalists including journalists from the BBC, agreeing to all manner of intrusion into my personal life while you sit behind your computer anonymously and tell me that my dialogue regarding the public representation of PSSD will not be tolerated.

It`s not enough to say - `i may not agree with what people say` when it`s being said on this forum you are responsible for the moral implications.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

1) let me correct you, Jaxx is an admin, not a moderator. He has full access to admin powers. I don’t take this lightly and i trust him fully.

2) I don’t care if 5,000 people approached you. Those are the rules. Go make your own forum.

3) stop harassing my admins / members.

4) Is drunk driving the fault of the car company? No.

5) Final warning or you’re banned.

Be a dick to me all you want but don’t ever suggest that my friends who volunteer their time don’t have anything but the best intentions as they sacrifice doing more enjoyable things than deleting your whining posts.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Kevin2017

i think that says it all; the resort to childish vulgar names. Moderator - person who administrates we re talking linguistic distinctions. I am addressing the calculated discrediting of PSSD as a medical condition which everyone objects to and you, from the land that enshrines free speech within its constitution respond with child like insults.

The online PSSD community has been talking largely the same conversations for the last 15 years and it was David Healy (not that I speak on his behalf) who coordinated the effort that resulted in the EMA`s decision.

The offer to `be a dick` to you doesnt undo the fact that you are censoring productive debate and do you really think I care about warnings/bans? I don`t benefit from association with other PSSD sufferers. I have been trying to help them. Good luck.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Believe me, there is pressure on all sides when you run a forum.

The moment you allow a provocative post, you get inundated with posts about how it creates users to feel suicidal. Then when you ban, there is outrage also. It’s really lose - lose running the forum.

I’m happy for you that you are able to speak openly about your PSSD, and i am genuinely thankful. But I take great offense when someone suggests that myself or a friend of mine is hiding behind a keyboard without skin in the game. I’ve received threats, aggression, hostility, all as a result of running this forum. It is not safe for me to come forward even if i wanted to. Not everyone contributes to this cause in the same way, i hope you can appreciate that.
lukejimmy

Unread post by lukejimmy »

GIXXER wrote: I believe we need more activism and awareness towards PSSD. Personally I think it would be great to hear Dr Healy on The Joe Rogan Podcast. To me that would be huge and bring real awareness to PSSD
This would amazing for raising public awareness, I could see a JREclip with a title like "Joe Rogan - Professor claims Antidepressant cause Permanent Sexual Dysfunction" racking up millions of views and stirring up some much needed controversy and discussion.
Especially since Joe Rogan himself is strongly against the use of pharmaceutical antidepressants and is very vocal about it and has already discussed the sexual side effects with Dr Rhonda Patrick.