Support needed: TV report about PSSD on German TV

Topics related to activism.
Koivukovy

Re: Support needed: TV report about PSSD on German TV

Unread post by Koivukovy »

Could someone provide subtitles in English?
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

thank you very much numby
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

Note that the link contains two videos about PSSD. Apparently (the exact question wasn't mentioned) ZDF asked why the decision came so late, many years after the Lareb report and the fluoxetine prescribing information. The German institute basically says that based on available analyses there is low evidence for PSSD. So in my opinion it seems that the German Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices still doesn't want to believe in PSSD. The EMA said that back then the evidence had gaps, so it wasn't unambiguous. According to the article, the EMA said that new evidence was the reason for the decision.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Very good to see this getting attention on National TV, thanks for the great work and effort!

I personally dont understand why most news channels almost always focus entirely on sexual dysfunction, the term PSSD is such badly chosen for the complex array of issues involved.
Furthermore, i dont see any value in a warning label on a drug, that in rare circumstances PSSD might occur. Most medication has a minor risk on severe adverse effects. Wont change the amount of prescriptions and doesnt seem to motivate pharma to research what is going on exactly.