Professor Healy`s Instructions Regarding Addressing PSSD

Topics related to activism.
Kevin2017

Professor Healy`s Instructions Regarding Addressing PSSD

Unread post by Kevin2017 »

The following is part of the advice I received from Professor Healy before making the PSSD video addressed to Impeto Medical;

"Re video - one thing to consider is the idea of making it clear the most important thing anyone can do is put their name to the problem - as you are doing. It`s our anonymity than empowers the industry - coming out as people with AIDS did in the 80s is the single best thing that can be done - better than a test - although clearly not as good as a cure."

There is no better authority than David Healy on addressing PSSD so we really need to examine ourselves and ask how ethical is it not to come forward into the public arena. Not everyone can do so and that is understandable but given the numbers of sufferers of PSSD, others are able to. Journalists speaking out against oppressive governments who are murdered for their stance are brave people. Talking in front of a camera about PSSD is not brave, it`s just accepting moral responsibility.

Thank you to the 12 who have commented on my video to Impeto Medical but we now need to build up momentum. We need people to give account of their condition within the comments so that viewers gain a better understanding of PSSD. I have unfortunately been unable to approve comments by people who have sworn excessively, used terms like "castration" or referred to a multitude of unrelated conditions and medications despite that otherwise the comments were fine for approval. This is because coming across as angry, insane or as someone who cannot reliably point to a medication that has caused PSSD does not enhance our credibility but makes the pharmaceuticals` counter-argument for them.

I will be representing PSSD rationally and plausibly within the media in England and abroad at every opportunity until PSSD achieves the status of a proper medical condition but other sufferers should do what they can and the appeal video to Impeto Medical ought to be flooded with supportive accounts of PSSD!
Ghost

Re: Professor Healy`s Instructions Regarding Addressing PSSD

Unread post by Ghost »

Thank you for your help with this.

I would argue Dr. Goldstein is the go-to expert for PSSD sufferers, but to each their own opinion. Both have done a lot of work. I've been vocal about my support for Dr. G in the past, it's old news at this point.

I'd love to come forward but I can't for fear of career damage. At least at this time it's not possible. Hopefully that will change soon.

Thanks again for your help and I do think that it's a good option for those who can afford to do so.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Kevin2017

So is no one else going to step forward?
Broken

Unread post by Broken »

I would love to.

I've absolutely nothing to lose at this point, however I'm uncertain what an insignificant person like myself can do to help you other than add another name to the litany of folks displaced by this soul-rending affliction.

When AFX asked us to in the built-in forum chat, I made an account and left a comment on your video outline regarding PSSD.

What else can I do? I rarely check in to the forum (else I'd have already replied) so please feel free to message me in private.
2010~2012: Prozac, Concerta, Wellbutrin (no effects)
2012~2018: Effexor with 150 mg being typical dose. Weaned off March, reinstatement in June, abrupt cessation in September.
Severe ED, less ejaculate, definitive shrinkage, lack of libido, anhedonia.
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

Ghost, why did you think coming forward will destroy your career? I think this is a monumental problem and one of the core issues with today's medical community. If goldstein writes about this and is so.well respected in the medical community, how does he do it and no one else will.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Spins wrote:Ghost, why did you think coming forward will destroy your career? I think this is a monumental problem and one of the core issues with today's medical community. If goldstein writes about this and is so.well respected in the medical community, how does he do it and no one else will.
There are several reasons.

1) I think it will hurt my chances at getting into medical school and residencies.

2) I don't want to start my career with this (and everything my Ghost account has posted) being attached to my name before I even begin. Coming out would require destroying most of my posts on this forum for career and legal reasons. "Ghost" ceases to exist the moment I come out publically on PSSD.

I'm not alone on this. I know several doctors and researchers who have PSSD and none of them have connected their private and public identities.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

I'm not calling you out specifically on this as I know coming out is a big deal. It is a sad day that the medical system is so sure of itself that it just bullies professionals into accepting what they believe to be correct ignoring all evidence to the contrary. The pharmaceutical companies reach is even deeper than I originally realized where medical professionals wont speak out in fear if losing their reputation. If that's not the definition of oppression, I dont know what is.
Kevin2017

It`s understandable that some people are not in a position to go public regarding their PSSD but most people arent facing potentially career-damaging consequences. The idea of the video appeal to Impeto Medical was for people to get behind me in pressuring the company without having to go public themselves. The more comments and the more prevalent the video the more it impacts on their public image, the more likely they are to cooperate with Professor Healy in providing the use of their product to test for PSSD. We have 12 comments from a group of thousands of people suffering from the condition.

For those of you who arent going to contribute to the cause in any productive way all I would say is, at least don`t hinder it by supporting the the videos online that are discrediting and obscuring PSSD as a distinct medical problem. People who I know in my every day life who have viewed the impeto medical appeal video have commented on another ostensible PSSD sufferer`s videos that have played after mine which come across as a parody or comic depiction of PSSD as if PSSD were not genuine.

Why are other people not objecting to the discrediting of PSSD as a medical condition? Is there anyone amongst us who doesnt have a problem with PSSD being described as a conspiracy to prevent people from having children? This is an insult to genuine PSSD sufferers and people who have made personal sacrifices to address PSSD.

A lot of people need to get off the fence and actually do something regarding PSSD rather than waiting for others who either have good or bad intentions, to do something.
Spins

Unread post by Spins »

Yes I agree. We are going to die with this bs if we dont vand together and do something