Opportunity to contact a New York Times journalist and possibly get national attention about the existence of PSSD

Topics related to activism.
Brain food

Opportunity to contact a New York Times journalist and possibly get national attention about the existence of PSSD

Unread post by Brain food »

It might be helpful if other people on this forum read this article and fill out the form at the bottom to contact the author, Farhad Manjoo, and inform him about their experiences with PSSD. The author writes about how the FDA has failed to properly regulate the pharmaceutical industry.

America Desperately Needs a Much Better F.D.A.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/02/opin ... ticleShare
Thomas

Re: Opportunity to contact a New York Times journalist and possibly get national attention about the existence of PSSD

Unread post by Thomas »

I am not sure the issue is regulating the pharmaceutical industry. I would say it is more about better tracking long term effects.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
Brain food

Re: Opportunity to contact a New York Times journalist and possibly get national attention about the existence of PSSD

Unread post by Brain food »

Thomas wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:31 pm I am not sure the issue is regulating the pharmaceutical industry. I would say it is more about better tracking long term effects.
I know that the main point of his article is that drugs get approved too quickly in the US compared to the past and compared to Europe. But we could still reach out to him and see if he’ll write a follow up article about the FDA failing to track long-term effects or forcing the pharmaceutical companies to do this and adding timely warnings. The European Medicines Agency has already recognized PSSD, although they did so too late and the required warning is too weak. The journalist who wrote the article should be sympathetic because he already is convinced that the FDA is failing to do its job properly.