Soft Glans Syndrome - Justin OP

Any other sexual dysfunctions not properly addressed by medical science.
Moloch

Soft Glans Syndrome - Justin OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Justin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:12 am

I figured I'd write about this one. One of the symptoms of my PSSD seems to be soft glans syndrome which you can read about here: http://www.sexualmed.org/index.cfm/sexu ... /overview/

I think mine was caused by SSRIs, but it can have other causes as well such as a venous leak or other unknown causes. There aren't any effective permanent cures that I know of except for a single individual who has the following forum who went to a foreign doctor: http://www.ed-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24

This is another condition that is poorly understood that I think is worth posting about. Does anyone else have these symptoms as a result of post ssri sexual dysfunction?
Moloch

Re: Soft Glans Syndrome - Justin OP

Unread post by Moloch »

Sonny on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 am

Actually sometimes when I am having erection problems, I will have something like this happen. It's occasional though.
Moloch

Unread post by Moloch »

Justin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:55 am

Sonny wrote:
Actually sometimes when I am having erection problems, I will have something like this happen. It's occasional though.

Interesting. I have heard some people with PSSD mention it. God I wish I could recover.
OCDemon

Unread post by OCDemon »

It's hard to say how severe mine is. Is your glans completely soft when erect or partially? I remember my glans being much harder when erect, and looking different. It seems partially engorged these days, nowhere near as hard as it used to be. I also remember previously, when I would ejaculate, the glans would become so engorged it would look shiny. I am completely circumcised by the way. I've noticed since PSSD it has never looked like that since. Combined with less satisfying orgasms and going flaccid in the middle of ejaculating, the glans no longer seems to fully engorge like it used to.

Sometimes it functions better than others, but for the most part, it feels much, much softer than it used to when erect. And definitely does not look as big as it used to, which would also imply less blood flow.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

The urologist I saw said it is a consequence of bad erection quality and prescribed Ciallis
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness | insomnia
B>b4

Unread post by B>b4 »

I have it too. For me, it definitely started with pssd. It’s pretty weird because if I get erect, my glans will not fill at all. Taking V does seem to help, but I always try to take the minimum necessary (about 12mg), and at that dosage sometimes the glans still does not fill. If I take a full V then the glans is full but I find the side effects (headache, running nose, flush skin) are too severe.

I have noticed lately that when I wake with mw, occasionally my glands will be a little bit fuller. I’m not really sure why but it is encouraging that perhaps it is getting better. Or at least had the potential to.