Healing Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Red88

Re: Healing Intro

Unread post by Red88 »

I discontinued all the antidepressants at the tail end of '14.

I noticed improvements every year or so.

Only recently I noticed that everything is back to normal. Normal erections, orgasms, libido..

I actually miss being able to stand in front of 200 people and give a presentation completely void of anxiety. That has since changed.

Only in retrospect can you find the positive in PSSD
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Tenyears27 was banned a long time ago. Not sure for what reason but it's something to bear in mind.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Red88

Unread post by Red88 »

Raven.. I'm not surprised by that comment. Yes, it was banned. Because I asked for it to be banned.

I don't have many great memories here. In fact, of the four worst years of my life , two of them I spent coming here, being bombarded with this toxic negativity.

I don't know if this is your PSSD, or if this is your mental illness manifesting in the form of PSSD. But, after disconnecting, and recovering, and coming back, it's blatantly obvious that something here is 'off'

It's this same type of attitude I remember. Dark and pessimistic. This, my friend, is mental illness.

People here need to know that they'll recover. It seems the moderators here want to keep everyone in a state of oppression.

My view on pssd has changed significantly these past two years. Especially since recovering

Something tells me Raven, that you don't have "PSSD". You have mental illness . I get those vibes from your simple dark lathened responses filled with pessimism and hopelessness.

It's evil.

Here I am. Recovered from this so called permanent condition. And you're the first one to deny others the hope it should naturally create

That's evil
NeverBeenTold

Unread post by NeverBeenTold »

Red88 wrote: It seems the moderators here want to keep everyone in a state of oppression.
I agree with you.
Red88 wrote: Here I am. Recovered from this so called permanent condition. And you're the first one to deny others the hope it should naturally create
But what happened? Did you naturally recover over time? Anyway, I'm happy for you.
RIP zadig777
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

I fully believe that psychological issues and trauma can contribute to/prevent healing from PSSD. There have been a couple of great recovery stories (infinityzer and Bunny) that run along these lines.

I very much doubt you belong in that category based on your replies in this thread and your previous antics that led to your banning (from the logs)
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
healing

Unread post by healing »

Hey everybody! I’ve been gone for a while and I figured I’d give everyone a quick update on my situation. I’ve kept a semi-detailed log of everything I’ve tried thus far.

Flew out to San Diego to meet with Dr. Goldstein in May. Goldstein reviewed my hormones, symptoms, and nerves.
Here’s the treatment plan he devised.

To raise libido *Takes within 8 weeks to work*
-addyi 3mg seven days/week *NO DRINKING*

For reproductive state of mind (boosts adrenaline) *Will see immediate improvement*
-adderall AS NEEDED (2.5-10mg)

*Schedule MRI for neurological evaluation*

To raise Testosterone *Takes 6 months to take effect* *blood tests every 2-3 months*
-clomiphene citrate 50 mg three times/week
To lower estrogen
-anastrozole 50 mg once/week

3/6/19
Calculated Free Testosterone [SDSM code]-9.6 ng/dL
Vitamin D 25-OH Total-60.9 ng/mL
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)-1.54 uIU/mL
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA), Total, Serum-1.25 ng/mL
Testosterone, Total, Serum-368 ng/dL
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (Testosterone-estrogen Binding Globulin; TeBG), Serum-20 nmol/L
Prolactin-7.9 ng/mL
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH, Follitropin), Serum-6.6 mIU/mL
Luteinizing Hormone (Lutropin), Serum-4.2 mIU/mL
Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-24.5 ng/dL
Estradiol, Serum (Oestradiol, E2, 17-beta Estradiol, E-17)-16.4 pg/mL

-Addyi made me wake up throughout the night when I first started taking it, but that effect slowly went away. After taking addyi you start to feel dizzy and semi-disoriented, that effect was strongest within the first month and waned with time. I sometimes wake up a little groggy though, which I think is due to the addyi. It goes away within an hour of waking. I started waking up with harder morning erections more frequently, and after a month even started getting random erections throughout the day. These effects have mostly waned, although I still wake up with rock hard erections probably about 80% of days. I’m still taking addyi every night. I’m considering going off of it to see if anything changes, I’d rather take less medications over the long run if I could.
-I’ve tried adderall, I guess it helps raise adrenaline and helps some to achieve better orgasms. My orgasms seemed largely the same.
-I got my MRI images done and sent them to San Diego, Goldstein didn’t find anything abnormal.
-I still take clomid/anastrozole, although Goldstein dropped my frequency with my latest blood tests (below). My testosterone and estrogen have risen too high. I haven’t noticed any negative side effects except for hair thinning. I’m a bit worried about the hair thinning, so I’ll be taking frequent blood tests and will have Goldstein adjust the hormones accordingly.

9/3/2019
Calculated Free Testosterone [SDSM code]-31.6 ng/dL
Vitamin D 25-OH Total-71 ng/mL
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)-.94 uIU/mL
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA), Total, Serum-1.27 ng/mL
Testosterone, Total, Serum-978 ng/dL
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (Testosterone-estrogen Binding Globulin; TeBG), Serum-16 nmol/L
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH, Follitropin), Serum-15.5 mIU/mL
Luteinizing Hormone (Lutropin), Serum-7.7 mIU/mL
Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-57 ng/dL
Estradiol, Serum (Oestradiol, E2, 17-beta Estradiol, E-17)-52 pg/mL

I tried Wellbutrin at 75mg/day, but quickly tapered off after experiencing its side effects. It made me feel spacey and enhanced depersonalization.

Had a chat with Goldstein today, and he suggested that I look into Vyleesi, the new dopamine agonist for HSSD. I ordered and should receive it in the upcoming weeks, I’m eager to note its effects (I don’t think anyone’s posted their results on here yet).
Last edited by healing on Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexapro 2016. Sexual, emotional, and cognitive symptoms.

Email: healingpssd1@gmail.com
healing

Unread post by healing »

If Vyleesi is a bust I may try a low-dose SSRI reinstatement. Although I've made some progress, I'm still unsatisfied with where I'm currently at.
Lexapro 2016. Sexual, emotional, and cognitive symptoms.

Email: healingpssd1@gmail.com
Brian cook

Unread post by Brian cook »

Hello Healing,

I really hope you are doing better brother. Can you give us an update?

Thanks a lot,