lukepssd6years Intro - pssd 6 years

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
lukepssd6years

lukepssd6years Intro - pssd 6 years

Unread post by lukepssd6years »

Hi, I would like to introduce myself. My names Luke, I'm 29 years old and from Lincolnshire in the united kingdom. I have had pssd for 6 years following an 8 month course of citalopram 20mg back in 2011. I have followed this site for a long time and done extensive research on the subject but only decided recently to register and become a member on here so I can share my experiences and connect with other people in the same position as me. Also by sharing my experience with pssd and ssris it will help others who are researching the condition and locate a cure. I see Ghost is very active in this area. I have been over to a website called RISK and see there is somebody called David Healey who is active in trying to find a cure for us. It is good to see somebody who has the front and a genuine interest in peoples health and happiness. I think we need to come together more and make ourselves heard which is extremely difficult but sitting and doing nothing is never going to get us a cure. over the 6 years ive had pssd I have pushed and pushed and pushed at the urology department UNIVERSITY COLLEGE HOSPITAL LONDON to make pssd heard. I have gone from talks and consultations with doctors, nurses, psychosexual counsellors and other professionals. The last stop is speaking to the psychosexual counsellors and on my last appointment she agreed its the psychosexual counsellors that need to make this condition heard as its just going unreported as patients are pushed away at the start by doctors who don't believe in it or are not making any effort to see anybody. we need more people with pssd to come forward and request being seen by urology at the university college hospital London and push to see the psycho sexual counsellors. I could even give you names of who to see.

6 years ago I was given citalopram 20 mg. I took the first dose at 8am in the morning I took the 2nd dose at 8 am the next morning, when I woke up in the 3rd morning I was totally impotent and numb, couldnt feel anything sexually for the first time in my life. This scared me so I decided to throw the medication away. I had fully blown pssd when I got in bed that night I was still numb however when I woke up in the morning everything was back to normal like a switch had been flipped. I decided I didn't want to take the medication but after a few weeks I went back to the doctor for my original complaint which was dizziness which is why he prescribed me ssris in the first place. I told him that a few weeks ago when I took citalopram it gave me pssd after 2 doses and didn't want to take it again. he told me not to worry and start taking citalopram again and said after a few weeks of taking it my body will get used to the drug and if I develop sexual dysfunction at the start it will get better after a few weeks as my body gets used to the drug. I took his advice and believed him, I started citalopram again and low and behold after 2 doses pssd started but I carried on the medication and went back to the doctor after 3 weeks and told him sexual functioning hasn't returned and asked if I could switch drugs. he said no, carry on with citalopram and sexual functioning will return when I taper off the drug. 7 months later I became unwell and my liver was under attack and got worse and worse over a few weeks. after a few weeks it was that bad my doctor said if it gets any worse he will have to refer me for dialysis and asked me am I on any medications? I told him yes citalopram 20mg he then told me to stop taking it, I asked if I should taper off slowly but he said no just stop abruptly incase the medication is damaging my liver. I cold turkey off the medication and pssd remained in full but my liver quickly started returning to normal.... miracle ay??? lol I asked him if the ssris can cause that problem with my liver and he said no, but it looked like the ssri was doing the damage unless it was just a coincidence. Anyway 6 years later and no Improvements in my pssd
hs1312

Re: new member - pssd 6 years

Unread post by hs1312 »

welcome here.
SOrry to hear that you are suffering

What are your symptoms right now?
Libido, ED, numb genitals, anhedonia etc, Motivation?
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
lukepssd6years

Unread post by lukepssd6years »

hi, thanks for the message. all symptoms of pssd, libidio, sensitivity, numbness, inability to ejaculate , anhedonia , motivation, emotional blunting ect ect the full thing.
I never experienced anhedonia or blunted emotions until ssri use.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

oh .. did you experience any windows yet in last 6 years.
You can try different treatments in the treatment sections
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Ill come to the university talks with you as well if you are up for that? two of us there with pssd? I live in london
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
idontknowwho

Re: lukepssd6years Intro - pssd 6 years

Unread post by idontknowwho »

hey, is inabillity to ejaculate like there all the time?
Maxin

Re: lukepssd6years Intro - pssd 6 years

Unread post by Maxin »

Similiar happened to me in regards to liver. I remember right after stopping lexapro getting all this blood work done and the doctors were really concerned about my liver enzymes. I wonder how many here had raised liver enzymes and were just unaware? Only those of us getting tested would have known it was harming our liver. Could be an important clue. And why some people develop pssd and some don’t. For whatever reasons we could not process the drug and therefore it was building up in us.