Pssd from spain

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Anims

Pssd from spain

Unread post by Anims »

Hi, i've been on pssd for about 8 months now, after several years of escitalopram. Here in Spain few doctors know about this condition so it's been nice to find this forum page. Found a dr now that admits pssd is not a creation of my mind so i'm willing to start trying formulas and post my results here if i get any better!!!
Anims

Re: Pssd from spain

Unread post by Anims »

Hi, i think i can drop some light on a post about Dr Montejo in Spain studying Pssd, but for some reason i couldn't pot it there. I found this other dr Josep Maria Farre which is the president of the spanish association of sexuality and mental health. The Dr you are mentioning, Dr Montejo is his colleague and scientific director in the same institution and they started a study years ago, not only about pssd but off all the diferent types of medicines that can cause sexual dysfunctions of any kind. They wrote a questionaire and made some studys but, and let me ask him this correctly next month, they are no longer making an active study on this theme. But at least i have a dr in my city that understands pssd. I've just visited once with him, but no doubt i Will do whatever it takes and inform of any progress. If any of you have any question for this dr or want to have any text translated, i'm here to help, since we are all fighting for the same purpose!!! Excuse my english by the way!!
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

Hi Anims, good ( or not ;))too see you here.
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
Anims

Unread post by Anims »

i can tell you it's good!! it would be a rather lonely and sad experience without pages like this!!
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

Bienvenido!
Anims

Unread post by Anims »

Gracias! i'd also like to call for any other spanish people here with pssd so we can get in contact and have a more solid position in our country!! feel free to contact!! Thanks!
Bigmum

Unread post by Bigmum »

Anims wrote:i can tell you it's good!! it would be a rather lonely and sad experience without pages like this!!
Yes you right that is helping somehow if you know that you are not alone....but i don't like see that there are still new cases pssd....:(
Sorry for my bad (terrible) English.
fema4psyciatrists

Unread post by fema4psyciatrists »

Hi Anims, well done for being persistent and finding more info and finding a doc that acknowledges reality! Bienvenido!

Ditto what Bigmum says, let us know how we can help.
RIP Ali 23 years old
RIP Kevin Goodreau 28 years old
RIP Petar 23 years old
RIP Mary Koback 22 years old
RIP David Stofkooper 23 years old
RIP SadBoy
RIP Kata Balint 28 years old
sjv16477

Unread post by sjv16477 »

Very glad to see your activism here! There are many members from spain and some spanish speaker form other countries. I advise you to read here http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=968 there are some tips for activism actions. Hve you read about the Ulm Study? Have Dr. Montejo any tips for us or can you ask him to start a new study (for example using questionnaire)?
Anims

Unread post by Anims »

Hi sjv16477, i'm glad to say i'm doing all the steps on the activism list you linked me!!! Still missing talking to a friend of my who is an important journalist in our country and sending a letter to our politicians. I'm a bit skeptical about the second one but its worth a try. I'm also thinking seriously about the Ulm study since they are laking participants.
About Dr Farré, i'm trying to resume most of the information on this forum so i can make all the possible questions. I will show him the 10 most successful treatments i've seen in this forum, ask about a current study or the possibility of starting a new one in Barcelona and will also ask him if it would be useful to have his questionnaire done by all the people in this forum.

My Visit is on April 19 if there is any other suggestion or question let me know.