New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
magnilo

Re: Trazodone gave me PSSD

Unread post by magnilo »

are you maybe taking something for cold/flu that may contain pseudoephedrine
Trazohell

Unread post by Trazohell »

No, my cure currently consists of St. John's wort, maca, ginkgo biloba and teas against inflammation.
Both people in this forum, who also had similar problems with Trazodone, wrote something about inflamed veins.
Maybe it is "only" an inflammation that radiates into the testicles? I'm in pain again today.
It feels like it goes from the kidneys to the testicles.
June 2015 - April 2016 Fluoxetine
April 2016 - March 2017 Fluvoxamine
December 2017 9 days Trazodone
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Trazohell

Hello guys,

I have found something ultra interesting here:

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/5-ht2c/

There stand that 5HT2 activation is bad for anxiety, but good for libido.
Before I take Trazodone my libido was very high, but my anxiety too.
Now, when I was celebrating last time I noticed that I had no fear of poisoning for the first time since years (someone could do something in the glass).
No SSRI and 2 years therapy helped me really against my anxiety.
In front of the fact that I had no problems with SSRI and Trazodone is a 5HT2 antagonist and very low to serotonine, I think it must have do to something with 5HT2 receptors instead of serotonine.
It is maybe impossible that a switch has broken in the brain?
After Trazodone PSSD: loss of libido & spontaneous/night/morning erections, prostate/pelvic pain, genital numbness, lower sperm count, Anhedonia
Trazohell

Hello,

I just talked to my urologist. The hormone levels are great, Testostgeron even slightly increased.

Testosterone: 9.79 ng / ml
Prolactibn: 12.85 ng / ml

What does that mean now? Receptors in the ass?
I still remember how I got restless legs syndrome with Trazodon, which has something to do with dopamine like libido.
Still barely libido and numb penis / testicles :(
Trazohell

It's now 2 months ago since I stopped Trazodone, still not really a libido and genital "numbness". So I have official PSSD now, great... :x
St. Johns Wort with Ginkgo seems to help a little, now I will try Curcumin with Ginkgo.
Exercise and healthy eating too.
Trazohell

Seriously people,
Will not my posts be released because you gave me up?

Anyway, I know now why it must be, the 5ht1 agonist property of fucking Trazodon.
Lately, I took another Ginkgo tablet and immediately my testicles became numb and shriveled again.
Ginkgo is pro 5HT1.
I am currently improving with curcumin, green tea, maca, chlorella and sport.
In addition, good nutrition with plenty of healthy oils and fats.
St. John's Wort gave me emotional windows but made numbness worse for me.
I think in a few months I will try zinc (it inhibits 5ht1) with inositol.
Or do you think I can take it to the curcumin?
Trazohell

Ok, it seems like they've given up on me. Pity!
redstone

Unread post by redstone »

I've hope this helps.
I get this on Amazon for my 77 year old mother and 56 year old sister. It has substantially helped them with certain problems they experienced.
The product brand is Natural Rhythm, Triple Calm Magnesium - 150mg of Magnesium Taurate, Glycinate, and Malate for Optimal Relaxation, Stress and Anxiety Relief, and Improved Sleep. 120 Capsules.
The combination is good for improving nerve conduction, protecting and repairing nueral sheath, alleviate stress/anxiety. Relieves spontaneous muscle cramps and numbness, restless leg reactions my mother was having as well.
It is also helpful to fight certain heart related illnesses associated with nerve conduction and signalling.
Trazohell

Please, shoot me someone, I don't want to life like this.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

Trazohell man, we are all suffering in here but we choose to focus on constructive discussion, research, experimentation, and action. Otherwise there would be 1000s of pages of wallowing in this forum. Any psychologist, buddhist, stoic, wise person etc will tell you, dwelling on negative thoughts serves no purpose and only hurts you more. You need to find a hobby or something you look forward to. If I am bored, I will dwell on negative thoughts, so I keep myself occupied and focused on looking forward. I enjoy outdoor activities and always try to have something going on there. I'm hiking in the Grand Canyon in a few months and it's gunna be fucking awesome. I like to run and feel my body moving and the wind on my face. I have anhedonia, but I still feel awesome after a good run. There's so many places to go hiking/running, at least I'll live for that. Also, PSSD research has really picked up in the last year or so, that it's entirely reasonable to expect a remedy within the next few years. If you find some activities to keep you in the moment and stick it out for a few years, you should be on track for a good life.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread