AnhedonicApe - Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Meso

Re: AnhedonicApe - Intro

Unread post by Meso »

DrugsAreBad wrote: @Mesolimbo: Any idea for how long the regimen should be kept up? And why, so far, positive effects have not been permanent?
You need to look into potentiating long-term potentiation (LTP) more. Your next step should be to restore HPA axis reactivity by downregulating GR. Licorice or a corticosteroid would do that, in theory.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Mesolimbo wrote:
DrugsAreBad wrote: @Mesolimbo: Any idea for how long the regimen should be kept up? And why, so far, positive effects have not been permanent?
You need to look into potentiating long-term potentiation (LTP) more. Your next step should be to restore HPA axis reactivity by downregulating GR. Licorice or a corticosteroid would do that, in theory.
Psilocybin combined with licorice then. Let's say psilocybin every 3 days at barely perceptible doses and a teaspoon of licorice root power a day for a few weeks. Sounds reasonable?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

DrugsAreBad wrote: Psilocybin combined with licorice then. Let's say psilocybin every 3 days at barely perceptible doses and a teaspoon of licorice root power a day for a few weeks. Sounds reasonable?
Yes, until you feel potent cortisol effect from the licorice. Then slowly withdraw from it. It has to be slow to prevent rebound upregulation of GR. Also, keep in mind that licorice is a phytoestrogen, so don't dose high.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Mesolimbo wrote:
DrugsAreBad wrote: Psilocybin combined with licorice then. Let's say psilocybin every 3 days at barely perceptible doses and a teaspoon of licorice root power a day for a few weeks. Sounds reasonable?
Yes, until you feel potent cortisol effect from the licorice. Then slowly withdraw from it. It has to be slow to prevent rebound upregulation of GR. Also, keep in mind that licorice is a phytoestrogen, so don't dose high.
What does a potent cortisol effect feel like? Licorice seems to have a mild anxiolytic effect that lasts a few hours. I don't know if that's the effect or if it's indicative of an appropriate dose.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

DrugsAreBad wrote:
Mesolimbo wrote:
What does a potent cortisol effect feel like? Licorice seems to have a mild anxiolytic effect that lasts a few hours. I don't know if that's the effect or if it's indicative of an appropriate dose.
An energy boost with either hypomania or mild depression. Increased aggression or irritability.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

@AnhedonicApe Have you tried Saint John's Wort before?
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Mesolimbo wrote:@AnhedonicApe Have you tried Saint John's Wort before?

Not yet, was a little scared to try. I will start the sarcosine first, after that probably the baclofen to test the 5ht theory.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

AnhedonicApe wrote:

Not yet, was a little scared to try. I will start the sarcosine first, after that probably the baclofen to test the 5ht theory.
Keep in mind that SJW raises both GABA and glutamate, albeit mildly. Maybe it would be helpful as a last-stand option.
AnhedonicApe

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Mesolimbo wrote:
AnhedonicApe wrote:

Keep in mind that SJW raises both GABA and glutamate, albeit mildly. Maybe it would be helpful as a last-stand option.
allright i will remember
umapinha

Unread post by umapinha »

@Mesolimbo, can you help me too?