Jazzmatazz intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Jazzmatazz

Re: Jazzmatazz intro

Unread post by Jazzmatazz »

Hey there everyone!

I wanted to make a follow-up post because I know that the vast majority of people who recover never come back here and make a recovery post, which greatly skews the ratio of people who have "recovered" and leaves lots of sufferers hopeless!

So, basically I wanted to say I don't consider myself 100% healed (sadly, most of the strength I lost overnight with the SSRI hasn't come back, and I still have more fatigue than before), but all cognitive function and sexual function sides are gone, basically. My erections are not like they were when I was 20, but then again I'm 33 and nowhere near the shape I was in back then, so... I have very strong erections, spontaneous erections, morning wood, enjoy a healthy and great sex life... There is a way out! So please do not give up, try to stay healthy and active, and try not to overdo it with the drugs: in my experience of several years with forums and discord communities of PSSD, the guys who did the most meds seldom were the ones who recovered, but very usually the ones who got worse and worse. Please be patient!

Nothing much has changed in the last 2 years since I last posted, but things have been getting better and better. I try to keep active (bike to and back from my workplace and do some light weightlifting) eat as healthy as possible, keep myself busy, and take care of the psychological component! The truth that many people don't want to admit is that PSSD has a huge psychoaffective factor, and that getting better is really difficult while you're still incredibly depressed. For many, this will be a fake-t-till-you-make-it kind of scenario. We all have felt like absolute shit, and tired, and just unwilling to go out, but those activities really help with feeling better, which is also necessary to beating PSSD.

Not sure I can add much more. I don't mean to say that my experience is necessarily replicable, as I truly believe we all have the same symptoms but from slightly different drugs and backgrounds, but I do believe that a healthier, active lifestyle will help everyone. So please keep trying and don't resort to dangerous chemicals! They're the reason we ended up like this in the first place.

Much love,

Jazz
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hi Jazz, congrats, glad you’re feeling better and doing well 👍 how long did it take for sexual symptoms specifically to get better? Did you ever have genital numbness and did that also recover?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
BlackCat

Unread post by BlackCat »

"Oddly, and for some reason, my erection improves a lot right as I'm about to orgasm."

happens to me too
JLo22

Unread post by JLo22 »

So in your situation, you were suffering with with pssd for many years and just ur pssd just went away over time ?
Jazzmatazz

Unread post by Jazzmatazz »

JP1985 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:04 am Hi Jazz, congrats, glad you’re feeling better and doing well 👍 how long did it take for sexual symptoms specifically to get better? Did you ever have genital numbness and did that also recover?
Hey there! Yes, I had complete penis numbness and unresponsiveness for a few years, I'd say 2-3. Sexual symptoms started to get better around 1-2 years after quitting SSRI, and I got natural erections back about 4 years after quitting or so
JLo22 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:06 pm So in your situation, you were suffering with with pssd for many years and just ur pssd just went away over time ?
Yeah, most symptoms improved gradually, it wasn't like something clicked back on due to a med or something: it was all lifestyle related
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Jazzmatazz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:34 am Hey there everyone!

I wanted to make a follow-up post because I know that the vast majority of people who recover never come back here and make a recovery post, which greatly skews the ratio of people who have "recovered" and leaves lots of sufferers hopeless!

So, basically I wanted to say I don't consider myself 100% healed (sadly, most of the strength I lost overnight with the SSRI hasn't come back, and I still have more fatigue than before), but all cognitive function and sexual function sides are gone, basically. My erections are not like they were when I was 20, but then again I'm 33 and nowhere near the shape I was in back then, so... I have very strong erections, spontaneous erections, morning wood, enjoy a healthy and great sex life... There is a way out! So please do not give up, try to stay healthy and active, and try not to overdo it with the drugs: in my experience of several years with forums and discord communities of PSSD, the guys who did the most meds seldom were the ones who recovered, but very usually the ones who got worse and worse. Please be patient!

Nothing much has changed in the last 2 years since I last posted, but things have been getting better and better. I try to keep active (bike to and back from my workplace and do some light weightlifting) eat as healthy as possible, keep myself busy, and take care of the psychological component! The truth that many people don't want to admit is that PSSD has a huge psychoaffective factor, and that getting better is really difficult while you're still incredibly depressed. For many, this will be a fake-t-till-you-make-it kind of scenario. We all have felt like absolute shit, and tired, and just unwilling to go out, but those activities really help with feeling better, which is also necessary to beating PSSD.

Not sure I can add much more. I don't mean to say that my experience is necessarily replicable, as I truly believe we all have the same symptoms but from slightly different drugs and backgrounds, but I do believe that a healthier, active lifestyle will help everyone. So please keep trying and don't resort to dangerous chemicals! They're the reason we ended up like this in the first place.

Much love,

Jazz
Yo bro.
Just posted to express much respect for your attitude.
It was kind that you spent a minute to report back your improvements.
:D
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)