Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
arahant

Re: Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

Unread post by arahant »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:47 am sorry but your claim about the semen issue being psychosomatic goes against every report i read here, people like me get this damage after a single dosage, next thing you'll say that not responding to exogenous hormones anymore is also psychosomatic...
Are all these reports of reduced semen based on "eyeball statistics" or actual lab measurements?

Eyeball statistics are likely to suffer from perception biases.

It's not me saying. It's a study with more than 2000 men who look for medical help.
The Role of Somatic Symptoms in Sexual Medicine: Somatization as Important Contextual Factor in Male Sexual Dysfunction
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27555509/
"perceived reduction of ejaculate volume (all P < .005)"
Perceived does not mean actual reduction.

The user JK24 decided to measure his "semem volume", and even if he was sure he had "reduction", the results proved the opposite.
Last edited by arahant on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

arahant wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:32 pm
PsychoGenesis wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:47 am sorry but your claim about the semen issue being psychosomatic goes against every report i read here, people like me get this damage after a single dosage, next thing you'll say that not responding to exogenous hormones anymore is also psychosomatic...
Are all these reports of reduced semen based on "eyeball statistics" or actual lab measurements?

Eyeball statistics are likely to suffer from perception biases.

It's not me saying. It's a study with more than 2000 men who look for medical help.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27555509/
"perceived reduction of ejaculate volume (all P < .005)"
Perceived does not mean actual reduction.

The user JK24 decided to measure his "semem volume", and even if he was sure he had "reduction", the results proved the opposite.
Thomas wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:22 pm Psychosomatic is when you have real symptoms induced by psychological causes. Nocebo effect (you know about side effects thus you have them) is psychosomatic, for instance.

About the semen issue, and many PSSD symptoms, the difficulty is to measure symptoms. Therefore, there can be a perception bias (= you overestimate symptoms or see symptoms you do not have).
there is no overestimation as to the cause of the issue being the drugs, being the FIRST symptom that many people DISCOVER about PSSD, therefore it can't be imagined, this is a fact.

just to clarify, I'm talking not talking about semen volume, but the quality of non homogeneity between semen and sperm, the watery semen everyone reports

and no I've not done a semen analysis, there's plenty of studies showing endocrine damage on the internet just google it

btw buspirone is a full agonist at presynaptic receptors which should lead to desensitization, take care
Last edited by PsychoGenesis on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Did they measure the volume or they just panicked after reading forum reports and assume they have the same?

Again, an objective measurement is far from a perception of volume.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

And of course, someone panicking and fapping many times to "check the volume" creates a "self-fulfilling prophecy", and it becomes more watery.
Because the body needs many days to produce more semen. And lab tests usually require 5 days of ejaculation abstinence as the baseline of "counts"

I have done semen counts in lab, and I know what I am talking about.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 pm btw buspirone is a full agonist at presynaptic receptors which should lead to desensitization, take care

I have tried all possible doses from (15 mg - 60 mg), for more than 1.5 years with a full response. The famous doom desensitization seems to only happen in theory, at least in my case, it only got better over time. But I am tapering down to zero, but very slow tapering. Let's see it's benefits sticks.
If it does not stick, I don't mind taking it forever. ;)

Take care Bro.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

I've read your disclaimer the first time yeah, it's still disturbing to me

but have you tried not taking the drug for a few days at atleast??
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:05 pm
I've read your disclaimer the first time yeah, it's still disturbing to me

but have you tried not taking the drug for a few days at atleast??
Even if buspirone has fast elimination (2 to 3 h half-life) and just overnight is enough to have nothing left in the body. I would not take the risk of quitting cold turkey, even for a few days. There's also a box warning from the pharmacy telling not to discontinue this drug like that.

We all had problems with pills in the past,I would better be cautious.
When I started my current trial, I tried to hold my anxiety for results and focused in dividing 3x a day and increasing it's dose 5mg every 1-2 months. And I am trying to follow the same regimen while tapering. Better not disrupt any hypothetical "balance" of neurons/monoamines.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

I can’t remember if I replied here about buspirone so I apologize if I have.
I trialed it last month and here was my 4 week experience. (I’m a 43 year old female) I don’t have PSSD my main symptoms are cfs and anhedonia.
I started out taking 5, 2.5, 2.5 per day. I actually might have started with just one 5 for a couple days. Can’t remember. The first day or two I felt it working. By the third day my energy was improved drastically, as if the heavy weight feeling of my body was suddenly lifted. I found myself scrolling for music on the radio again. I became more emotional in terms of crying on the tv. Also about the third day I got my period, which has been absent for months.
About 10 days later I started 5, 5, 5. Still doing good things improving. Very sexual. Although this isn’t a huge problem for me my libido was definitely raised. Orgasms way more intense. So one morning I wake up, and I can feel something has changed. Was literally over night. Fatigue terrible, felt like there was part of my brain that was just blanked out. Hard to describe. I thought maybe it was from some b12 I took so I continued for another week. But that window the first few weeks never came back. Slowly tapered and discontinued.
I wanted to share this because buspar has major effects on estrogen I believe. So within that timeframe above, I began to get major hot flashes and extreme irritability and awful joint pain. Dry skin. So IMO it lowered estrogen significantly for me. The returned period during the first few days could have been the rapid change in hormones. It usually takes a big shift for me to get it anymore.
Now, maybe supplementing estrogen in my case could have helped keep the buspar working. I may again trial it once I can get a proper picture of my hormonal status.

Unread post by 123454321 »

Last edited by 123454321 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustOnlyHope

Unread post by JustOnlyHope »

Be careful, I’ve crashed because of buspirone totally. I returned to baseline thanks to Trazodone.