Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
br-pssd

Re: Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

Unread post by br-pssd »

today is my 22 day with buspirone, 20mg dose, if I increase the dose more I have anxiety, the benefits in libido and anhedonia disappeared in 10 days, I am a little discouraged, thinking that it can be like other medicines that improve in the beginning and then stop to work, the insomnia I was having with him disappeared.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

br-pssd wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:18 pm today is my 22 day with buspirone, 20mg dose, if I increase the dose more I have anxiety, the benefits in libido and anhedonia disappeared in 10 days, I am a little discouraged, thinking that it can be like other medicines that improve in the beginning and then stop to work, the insomnia I was having with him disappeared.

Have you read what I posted here?

UPDATE - Dec-29-2019.
https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?p=34026#p34026

To be honest, I think it may be a good sign.
Sexual arousal and a bit of anxiety walk together sometimes.

I had a period with a paradoxical increase of anxiety with doses greater than 30 mg, but trust me, it alleviated over time.
I reduced my dose for a month and increased it slowly, after that.
"thinking that it can be like other medicines that improve in the beginning and then stop to work"
I am happy that I did not quit it, maybe it is because I am a stubborn bastard.

I reduced from 60 mg to 40 mg recently, and it is still working ( since I started this forum post here).
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

alexc wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:52 pm Update on my Buspirone trial. Today is day 15. In the first 11 days I had a mild to moderate increase in anxiety symptoms -- felt like I drank too much coffee, sweating, had to divert my anxious thoughts a bit. It wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I also had a definite increase in intermittent headaches and related increase in tinnitus volume. (I got tinnitus and jaw clicking from a 6 week trial of Buproprion ~18 year ago. It never went away but the volume went down after a while.) I had some difficulty falling asleep but nothing I couldn't handle. I started on 5mg twice a day and increased every 2-3 days. I am currently on 3x/day - 7.5 each dose (22.5). On the morning of day 12 I woke up with lessened anxiety symptoms. The 12th night I had an erotic dream. Daytime, I am still the same functionally and with libido--next to nil. Over the course of my 12 years with PSSD, I started having windows of semi-normalcy (~70% normal function and increase in libido with ability to let my mind think in the fantasy realm). The windows would come randomly--sometimes a few months apart, sometimes more. The windows lasted from days to weeks but never stayed. All during those 12 years I never took any Psych RX, only natural vitamins, minerals & amino acids. For some odd reason, I haven't had a window in more than 8 mos. My husband recently started doing testosterone pellets and his libido has ramped up, so the imbalance in our sex drives has started to become an issue. I am struggling with this because I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE SEX. I want to want to have sex, but in my current condition, I feel like I want to punch my husband, rather than have sex with him because I have NO libido what-so-ever. I'm really struggling with even going through the motions because along with having no libido, I often feel no affection, only annoyance. Part of my PSSD symptoms are a dip in ability to feel love. I know I love my husband intellectually, but it's hard since the emotion is flat. I am fortunate that 95% of my anxiety is at bay and I am not depressed, I just don't feel "joy" or love... I often feel annoyance or indifference. I am hoping and praying the Buspirone brings me back to life -- physically and emotionally. As I mentioned before, I did respond well to Buspirone (60mg) when I was taking HIGH doses of Prozac at the same time so I'm hopeful I will feel benefits on its own. I plan to get up to 30mg in the next week and hold there for a while. It seems most people see benefit in the 30-60mg range. Sorry for the rant, but this has been weighing me down lately.
Hey Alexc,

I had a paradoxical increase in anxiety, and I posted here:

UPDATE - Dec-29-2019.
https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?p=34026#p34026
It was just a matter of reducing a dose for a while, then increase it slowly later.
I think arousal and sex drive are correlated.

I got tinnitus and jaw clicking with bupropion too, I had a lot of tooth grinding on it. It made my occipital muscles tight, referring pain to the inner ear with tinnitus as a side effect.

My recovery history is here: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/ti ... ne.38262/

Regarding "love":

I learned that usually: we confuse obsessive thinking and ideation about someone as being "love".
"Missing an ability to feel love" It is a common complaint of people that fixed their OCD.
Maybe there is a clear confusion in feelings.
Treating OCD with medication or just cognitive behavioral therapy is basically training the brain to avoid this state (obsessive thinking, expectations about having sex with someone).

"The line between passion and obsession is thin and at times entirely indecipherable..."
https://harvardsciencereview.com/overst ... bsession/

Best wishes,

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
br-pssd

Unread post by br-pssd »

if I increase it to 30mg, I have anxiety, but not libido.

were your improvements like windows that appeared and disappeared and they depended on the dose? I only received a window of a few days until today
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

br-pssd wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:49 am if I increase it to 30mg, I have anxiety, but not libido.

were your improvements like windows that appeared and disappeared and they depended on the dose? I only received a window of a few days until today
Yes, dose dependent made my permanent windows, which is lasting up today, when I reduced to deal with the paradoxical anxiety, the sexual benefits reduced too, the higher dosage with paradoxical anxiety was alleviated over time, letting only the sexual benefits....maybe you increased the dosage too fast and are freaking out with the anxiety back... Go slowly,
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

I haven't updated my log because nothing drastically changed since I started to feel vast improvements on buspirone.

I also wondered leaving this forum, but I came back to post an update.
There are people somehow trying to get some relief, and I finally got some relief since my journey started in 2015.
Getting back here is one more step to change my life to the next page.

I also increased my dosage to the maximum daily (60 mg as 20 mg 3x a day) for a few months.
I just experienced like a "non-vertiginous dizziness" or lightheadedness, which we were the criterion for lowering dosage since no other benefits were seen.

I am today at 40 mg and tapering 5 mg every month; I just noticed increased irritability and aggression.
My sexual performance keeps fantastic, last week my wife told me that we were having sex like 10 years ago when I met her.
That made me wonder if I would ever taper buspirone to zero.
if I taper it, I will be back to post my final message.

I still take methylphenidate, and it helped only my ADHD.
The overall sexual dysfunction was fixed with buspirone, which I have taken it many months alone.

I hope all the best for everyone that is reading this.

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Kratjebier

Unread post by Kratjebier »

arahant wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:43 am I haven't updated my log because nothing drastically changed since I started to feel vast improvements on buspirone.

There are people somehow trying to get some relief, and I finally got some relief since my journey started in 2015.

I also increased my dosage to the maximum daily (60 mg as 20 mg 3x a day) for a few months.
I just experienced like a "non-vertiginous dizziness" or lightheadedness, which we were the criterion for lowering dosage since no other benefits were seen.

I am today at 40 mg and tapering 5 mg every month; I just noticed increased irritability and aggression.
My sexual performance keeps fantastic, last week my wife told me that we were having sex like 10 years ago when I met her.

The overall sexual dysfunction was fixed with buspirone, which I have taken it many months alone.

Arahant
Hoi Arahant,

Stimulantions meds, like Adderall, I have red they are good for sexual moods......
I use now Modafinil 33mg, It works a bit..... so
I am not sure how this works on me, but it works.....
But it makes your case different than only Buspar.
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

arahant wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:43 am I haven't updated my log because nothing drastically changed since I started to feel vast improvements on buspirone.

Arahant
Hi Arahant!

Would like to know how r ur emotional symptoms such as blunting, anhedonia. Another question is sexual, did u noticed some improving at ur semen amount and quality? I'm worried cuz mine is wattery and at SMALL amounts :/
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Semogomes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Arahant
Hi Arahant!

Would like to know how r ur emotional symptoms such as blunting, anhedonia. Another question is sexual, did u noticed some improving at ur semen amount and quality? I'm worried cuz mine is wattery and at SMALL amounts :/
Emotions and pleasure are fine.

Regarding "semem amount" I never checked it... I had small amounts due to varicocele and excess masturbation before, something that was making difficult to have kids. Also, it can be quite misleading this worry and checking of "amount". Specially if it's done by frequent masturbation "to check the semem quality" visually, which is quite inaccurate. The baseline for a lab count of "semem amount" is about 5 days abstinence and the amount is estimated by microscopy.

These complaints of "small amounts" is also a common worry symptom of somatization/somatoform states, which can be quite disabling .

(perceived reduction of ejaculate volume (all P < .005))
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27555509/

Better rule out any other condition before jumping to conclusions.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

arahant wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:01 pm
Semogomes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Arahant
Hi Arahant!

Emotions and pleasure are fine.

Regarding "semem amount" I never checked it... I had small amounts due to varicocele and excess masturbation before, something that was making difficult to have kids. Also, it can be quite misleading this worry and checking of "amount". Specially if it's done by frequent masturbation "to check the semem quality" visually, which is quite inaccurate. The baseline for a lab count of "semem amount" is about 5 days abstinence and the amount is estimated by microscopy.

These complaints of "small amounts" is also a common worry symptom of somatization/somatoform states, which can be quite disabling .

(perceived reduction of ejaculate volume (all P < .005))
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27555509/

Better rule out any other condition before jumping to conclusions.
Yes, that scene completely plays a role. I had it low too, but now it's kinda wattery, isn't yours?