Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
arahant

Re: Arahant intro - My experience with PSSD - treatment log.

Unread post by arahant »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:51 pm Be careful, I’ve crashed because of buspirone totally. I returned to baseline thanks to Trazodone.
It weird watching how the vague and doom word "crash" is used to almost everything. Meaning everything is also meaningless...but anyway it's good that Trazodone is helping you. :D
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JustOnlyHope

Unread post by JustOnlyHope »

I just don’t know how I can make it another way. That’s true everybody use it all the time, so maybe that’s why I did it too ;)
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

123454321 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:44 pm What symtoms did Buspirone help you with, Arahant?
Yo numbers, check the beginning of this thread. I put a lot of stuff there. ;)
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)

Unread post by 123454321 »

Last edited by 123454321 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

123454321 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:11 pm I checked, but there's one thing I'm unsure of.. did it improve your libido? I feel like shit, just need hope.
Yes, however it was the last symptom, not the the first one I noticed to improve. It was not like taking it and having cravings to sex...It was like after many months of having some pleasure, I noticed that I was willing to have it again, like wondering and anticipating pleasure in other moments during the day.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
alexc

Unread post by alexc »

I haven’t posted on the board in months. Back in July I decided to try Buspirone Despite not taking any medications for more than 12 years. I was getting not much benefit from everything else I tried. Between late July and late September and I gradually increased up to 60 mg per day. I did feel some slight increase in anxiety and insomnia in the first several weeks but they tapered off. It is now January and I have been on the full 60 mg dose for four months. It has most definitely helped me! Although my libido isn’t crazy high, it is present and I am back to having almost full function. The majority of the time I can actually have an orgasm which I haven’t experienced in years! There is no doubt in my mind that BuSpirone and has been beneficial to me! I’m not particularly thrilled about taking a medication but I don’t seem to have any side effects at this point. At Some point down the road I will probably try to taper down and see if there is any loss I have benefit but I am not in a hurry. I have not been on this forum in months and I’m curious, Arahant, If you are still seeing the same benefits and if you have tried tapering down at all? I am very pleased with my progress so far and I have had PSSD for almost 13 years now. I do not regret trying Buspirone!
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

alexc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 pm I am very pleased with my progress so far and I have had PSSD for almost 13 years now. I do not regret trying Buspirone!
Did you have some sort of anxiety / depression before starting buspirone?
I myself started buspirone 10 days ago.
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

alexc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 pm I haven’t posted on the board in months. Back in July I decided to try Buspirone Despite not taking any medications for more than 12 years.
I was getting not much benefit from everything else tried.
Alexc, I remember when you posted here. It was a long time ago. ;)

I bet staying away from forum discussions must have helped you too. I am glad you at least got back to post a quick update.
Between late July and late September and I gradually increased up to 60 mg per day. I did feel some slight increase in anxiety and insomnia in the first several weeks but they tapered off

I had paradoxical anxiety while increasing my daily dose too, I also posted here, It happened when I was increasing over 30 mg/day. Today, I think It was due to my low tolerance to side effects, somehow I was overreacting to it and feeding anxiety/worries. I am glad it alleviated after a while.
It is now January and I have been on the full 60 mg dose for four months. It has most definitely helped me! Although my libido isn’t crazy high, it is present and I am back to having almost full function. The majority of the time I can actually have an orgasm which I haven’t experienced in years! There is no doubt in my mind that BuSpirone and has been beneficial to me! I’m not particularly thrilled about taking a medication but I don’t seem to have any side effects at this point.
You are another example of getting benefits while on the upper dose range, long term use, and taking it divided in 3x a day. I remember you said you had been avoiding medications as possible for almost a decade, with relative success managing OCD, before you tried this medication. I do agree about libido not being "crazy high" and It was not my case either, maybe just a "decent one" is enough, and it is expected. It has also been noted even on early trials:
"As can be seen, buspirone treatment was not associated with the generation of hypersexuality in this patient group and thus can be considered a normalizing agent."
https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1987004621A1/en
At Some point down the road I will probably try to taper down and see if there is any loss I have benefit but I am not in a hurry. I have not been on this forum in months and I’m curious, Arahant, If you are still seeing the same benefits and if you have tried tapering down at all? I am very pleased with my progress so far and I have had PSSD for almost 13 years now. I do not regret trying Buspirone!
I stayed at 60 mg/day for many months but unlike you, I was having a few annoying side effects, I don't have much tolerance to side effects and I tend to overthink about it and I guess I am not alone :? That's why I am tapering down very/quite and amazingly slowly, I am not in a hurry either ;). As you noted, strong orgasms alongside other improvements are difficult to be forgiven.
But specifically answering your question, on the upper dose range, my response was super high, even better than before taking any drug, I felt like "sexual-performance-doping" :shock: , I am aware that was never my average response, and tapering down I feel that my response it converging to my baseline before taking Sertraline. I am around two years taking it but I am still unsure if I would ever taper to zero.

I hope you keep enjoying your moment.

Arahant
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
climb

Unread post by climb »

alexc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 pm I haven’t posted on the board in months. Back in July I decided to try Buspirone Despite not taking any medications for more than 12 years. I was getting not much benefit from everything else I tried. Between late July and late September and I gradually increased up to 60 mg per day. I did feel some slight increase in anxiety and insomnia in the first several weeks but they tapered off. It is now January and I have been on the full 60 mg dose for four months. It has most definitely helped me! Although my libido isn’t crazy high, it is present and I am back to having almost full function. The majority of the time I can actually have an orgasm which I haven’t experienced in years! There is no doubt in my mind that BuSpirone and has been beneficial to me! I’m not particularly thrilled about taking a medication but I don’t seem to have any side effects at this point. At Some point down the road I will probably try to taper down and see if there is any loss I have benefit but I am not in a hurry. I have not been on this forum in months and I’m curious, Arahant, If you are still seeing the same benefits and if you have tried tapering down at all? I am very pleased with my progress so far and I have had PSSD for almost 13 years now. I do not regret trying Buspirone!
Hi Alex,

Awesome that you've had a good experience with buspirone, I'm happy for you. :0)

Did you experience any worsening of your symptoms at any point as you increased your dosage?

I tried buspirone recently for a couple of months. It definitely helped my libido initially but then this stopped as I arrived at 15 mg and my ED definitely got worse so I tapered off. I was in two minds as to whether I should continue or not but couldn't find anyone else who'd had success with buspirone who'd experienced worsening of any symptoms at any point on the way to improvements at higher doses (and the doctor thought it wasn't a good idea to continue).
alexc

Unread post by alexc »

The only worsening of anything was as I began taking it and when I increased the Buspirone dosage. I had some increase in anxiety and some insomnia. After five or six days at each increase, the side effects would dissipate. I don’t seem to have any side effects right now other than a very very slight dry mouth but not enough to be a big father. Nothing like when I took an anti-depressant.