PSSD ?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Vercingétorix

Re: PSSD ?

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

Citrulline is for erection, am i right ?
I plan to add a dopaminergic to boost my libido, i think of tyrosine but i am not sure yet.

Citrulline + tyrosine, do you think it's a good cocktail for a start ?
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Nitric oxide is most important for erections but plays a part overall sexual function. I didn't get much benefit from tyrosine, its a pretty lightweight option, but should be safe. Other options for boosting dopamine-

bupropion- NDRI, blocks reuptake of dopamine, requires a prescription
vitamin E- reduces prolactin, which should raise dopamine. it is quite safe.
dopa mucuna/mucuna pruriens- essentially an exogenous source of dopamine, comparable to levodopa. this completely cured my cognitive and affective symptoms (anhedonia, brain fog), but didn't have as much of an impact on sex drive as I had hoped.

if you try bupropion or dopa mucuna, be careful with them- you need to dose consistently, and never stop abruptly. you always need to do a slow taper.
Vercingétorix

sovietxrobot wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:10 pm Nitric oxide is most important for erections but plays a part overall sexual function. I didn't get much benefit from tyrosine, its a pretty lightweight option, but should be safe. Other options for boosting dopamine-

bupropion- NDRI, blocks reuptake of dopamine, requires a prescription
vitamin E- reduces prolactin, which should raise dopamine. it is quite safe.
dopa mucuna/mucuna pruriens- essentially an exogenous source of dopamine, comparable to levodopa. this completely cured my cognitive and affective symptoms (anhedonia, brain fog), but didn't have as much of an impact on sex drive as I had hoped.

if you try bupropion or dopa mucuna, be careful with them- you need to dose consistently, and never stop abruptly. you always need to do a slow taper.
Ok thank you for the information.
I have always been anxious and nervous, so i think i should avoid bupropion. If i try a medecine i think i will try first buspirone, as it seems to be useful for people who have ssri-related sexual dysfunctions.
Is dopa mucuna really to be used with care ? Can it induce bad side effects ?
sovietxrobot

I am also very anxious and nervous when unmedicated. I found bupropion to be very stimulating, but only for the first few weeks. buspar is generally pretty mild, the only side effect I had was dizziness for about half an hour shortly after I took a dose. this resolved in a few weeks. its often prescribed for SSRI induced dysfunction, so worth a shot.

With PSSD, pretty much anything can induce side effects. I think we as a group are more sensitive to medication than the average person. I had no side effects from DM, and its probably pretty safe, but after my experience with PSSD I would advise you to be very careful with anything you try.
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

Buspirone is safe for anxiety, you should avoid Bupropion (bad for anxiety).
Buspirone is like Ginkgo Biloba, help with libido (better in women), normally used as antidote for sexual problems.
Vercingétorix

I would like to give a try to inositol, which seems to be be useful for some people. What about if i take citrulline + inositol ?
Vercingétorix

Ok i've just started citrulline + arginine treatment, maybe i will add a natural dopaminergic later.

I'll tell how the things evolve for me.
sovietxrobot

Good, let me know how it goes. I don't know anything about inositol. Check if it has an interaction with nitric oxide, if not you should be fine.
Vercingétorix

It's time to give some news :

I took citrulline (and arginine) for about 2 weeks, but there was no effect and the taste is unpleasant so I decided to stop it. I started an inositol treatement because I wanted to try it and... wow! The effect on me was very good ! After only 6 days of treatment my erections were already much better. Not 100 % erections, but not very far. Such a big improvement so quicly was a good surprise for me because I read that you have to wait several weeks before getting an improvement. I didn't expect much from inositol, because before starting it I read here several people who have got no improvement with it, so I don't think it is placebo effect. I take 9g per day in 3 times (i think I am going to upper soon to 12g, to see what happens). As side effects I have a slight laxative effect, and my dreams are more intense (and they are, sometimes, erotic). If I take 9g in one time I have stomach pain, so I take 3g 3 times a day. Inositol lowers testosterone levels so I added zinc+magnesium+omega3.

I have to learn more about inositol because I have no idea how long I should take it.
FrankG1178

Unread post by FrankG1178 »

My situation seems very similar. I was on 10 mg lexapro, 2.5 mg paxil, 25mg zoloft, and 150 mg Wellbutrin xl for 16 years. We tried to make a change and increased the zoloft and lowered the paxil and I got aroused immediately and had the greatest orgasm ever - like I was on ecstasy or something. We ended up lowering and going off the paxil and zoloft and it’s been a year of hell.

I had no problems with erections of sex drive when on all the meds but when on the 10 mg lexapro and 150 Wellbutrin I have no sex drive, hard time maintaining erections, and my glans feels smooth or cold at times in a weird way. I just tapered off lithium which they put me on when they took me off the paxil and zoloft and I had better erections than I have now but they didn’t feel good and I hated the lithium. I don’t dream anymore, have brain fog, and am exhausted. When I tried to increase the lexapro to 12.5 I had more erections but orgasm made me feel sick.

It seems more SSRI helped my sex drive but low SSRI hurts it. I may try to add deplin next as I have homozygous mthfr mutation and if that doesn’t work I’m gonna try to go off the lexapro. I’m also flat and depressed now - how’s your mood?