PSSD ?

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Vercingétorix

Re: PSSD ?

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

Thomas wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:24 pm PSSD is basically a depression-like decease with no psychological causes. So you can have a random set of symptoms amongst many.
Hi Thomas, how are you these days ? I 've seen you have frequent windows, I think it is a good sign for what's next.
Vercingétorix

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

I make a quick update 2 years later, on my journey to cure my antidepressant discontinuation syndrom :

I 've had good improvements since January. I mean erectile improvement, which is the only symptom that remained for several years after the decrease of citalopram .
First venlafaxine gave me a nice improvement once I reached the dose of 262 mg.(I am one these uncommon people whose sexual function is boosted by antidepressants). I had already a small improvement at 37.5mg, but 262 was really a big step. Upping to 337mg did not bring anything better, so I added vortioxetine. I am currently at 30 mg (yes, high dose...) and I'm getting some more improvements, erections are better and orgasms are more intense. It's too early to know if these good effects of vortioxetine aren't only temporary, but I think I will have a positive effect that will remain.

These results allows me to stay optimistic.
What worries me is the high dose I have to stay on to have those positive effects. 337mg of effexor is a high dose, and 30mg of vortioxetine is high as well.
And, if the improvements on these 2 drugs is not enough, what can I add after ? I guess bupropion is the most logical choice, but I already have tinnitus and I know bupropion may worsen it, so I'd like to try something else before trying it, but I don't know what else I can try (I already tried trazodone and buspirone, I can't handle them).

So I have 2 questions for those who have more knowledge than me :

Given the fact that I have almost no side effect on venlafaxine and vortioxetine, does that mean the risk of serotonin syndrom is very low ?

What drug could I add to my regimen (venlafaxine + vortioxetine) ?
lookingformeaning

Unread post by lookingformeaning »

arahant, I'm new to the forum, I've had PSSD for 4 months and only a few weeks ago I discovered what the syndrome really is, now like most of us who are in this situation, I'm looking for ways to endure and get through it and something that is effective in my case. How is your case at the moment? Are you still taking Buspirone and are the benefits still there? Do you think combining it with Bupropion could help improve libido and erections?