Probably PSSD after Wellubutrin + Trazodone

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
JustOnlyHope

Probably PSSD after Wellubutrin + Trazodone

Unread post by JustOnlyHope »

Hi to all!

I would ask for your understanding, but I don't speak English at all and there may be a lot of mistakes.

So, at the beginning I would like to say that I find it hard to believe that I found myself on such a forum at all. I thought such things only happened somewhere far away, never to us.

My story is as follows. I was taking Wellbutrin 150 mg and Trazodone 150 mg for 3-4 months. Three months ago I quit Wellbutrin and suddenly felt that I just lost my desire for sex. No libido at all, but my motivation etc was still great. A week later, I stopped taking Trazodone and felt something was wrong. I still didn't feel like having sex and from week to week I fell into a terrible pit. I started reading about PSSD, I don't know if it was fear, but I got Derealization. I stopped feeling anything for others.

There was no libido, no motivation, just one big cry. However, I felt pleasure in stimulating the penis, but the sensations during the orgasm were nonexistent. I used Buspirone for a while but what I noticed I lost feeling in my penis because of it.

I have been taking Trazodone again for 2 weeks. Nothing has changed except that I feel artificial pleasure when stimulated.

I am asking you to analyze the history and is it possible that I got the PSSD or maybe something else.

I wish you all the best and I am really sorry to read your stories.
arahant

Re: Probably PSSD after Wellubutrin + Trazodone

Unread post by arahant »

Did you have problems while taking it? Why did you quit both medications?.
"Artificial pleasure" sounds a bit vague, if there's some pleasure, consider yourself lucky.

The first P from PSSD stands for post...you are taking medications for some issue, be careful not forgetting about that, instead of overthinking sexual issues only.
. I started reading about PSSD, I don't know if it was fear, but I got Derealization.
There are claims of worsening and improvements from everything and everywhere on the internet. Be sure to discuss your worries with your doctor.
If I lost desire after quiting something, while having desire while taking it, I would go back to my treatment as soon as possible.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
JustOnlyHope

Hi!

Thanks for you reply, I really appreciate that.

So, regarding the pleasure, I feel my penis(not much as always but still) and can to have an orgasm without problem. The thing is I don’t feel anything during the orgasm like mechanical and the erection disappear in one second if I don’t touch my penis.

I was wondering murder my psychiatrist and then take my life, however I’ll wait for a while.

Regarding taking pills. So I didn’t take for any big problem. I just had a little stress in my life and my friend told me it’s good to take medicine for a while and then stop it. So I came to doctor he prescribed me trazodone and Wellbutrin. During taking it I had less libido but it wasn’t so bad. My mood was great, I did a lot of things. The nightmare started when I quit Wellbutrin and lost desire for sex( but no motivation drive etc.). After I quit Trazodone I’m a zombie. Derealization, crying, no motivation, feeling etc.

I don’t know how it works but I noticed that I can drink now a lot of alcohol and almost don’t feel anything, maybe because of derealization?

What do you think, it can be pssd?

Btw. Probably I’m going to collect people from Poland with PSSD and go to television. That’s not a problem and I would like to help somehow all people with that.
JustOnlyHope

arahant wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:27 pm Did you have problems while taking it? Why did you quit both medications?.
"Artificial pleasure" sounds a bit vague, if there's some pleasure, consider yourself lucky.

The first P from PSSD stands for post...you are taking medications for some issue, be careful not forgetting about that, instead of overthinking sexual issues only.
. I started reading about PSSD, I don't know if it was fear, but I got Derealization.
There are claims of worsening and improvements from everything and everywhere on the internet. Be sure to discuss your worries with your doctor.
If I lost desire after quiting something, while having desire while taking it, I would go back to my treatment as soon as possible.
I could forgot. Regarding taking right now. I’ve been taking just only for 2 weeks trazodone. Now I off. So since 3 months nothing has changed.
Dalmatian

Unread post by Dalmatian »

Though much rarely than it is with SSRI, Trazodone can totally cause this. There is 10+ cases of trazodone induced PSSD on internet forums including this one, myself included.
Trazodone, 25 pills (50/100/150mg), April '19, quit cold turkey

Improved significantly in 3 years. Greatest improvements came within the first year and a half. Still suffering from mild PSSD.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:24 am Hi!

Thanks for you reply, I really appreciate that.

So, regarding the pleasure, I feel my penis(not much as always but still) and can to have an orgasm without problem. The thing is I don’t feel anything during the orgasm like mechanical and the erection disappear in one second if I don’t touch my penis.

I was wondering murder my psychiatrist and then take my life, however I’ll wait for a while.

Regarding taking pills. So I didn’t take for any big problem. I just had a little stress in my life and my friend told me it’s good to take medicine for a while and then stop it. So I came to doctor he prescribed me trazodone and Wellbutrin. During taking it I had less libido but it wasn’t so bad. My mood was great, I did a lot of things. The nightmare started when I quit Wellbutrin and lost desire for sex( but no motivation drive etc.). After I quit Trazodone I’m a zombie. Derealization, crying, no motivation, feeling etc.

I don’t know how it works but I noticed that I can drink now a lot of alcohol and almost don’t feel anything, maybe because of derealization?

What do you think, it can be pssd?

Btw. Probably I’m going to collect people from Poland with PSSD and go to television. That’s not a problem and I would like to help somehow all people with that.
But was it so bad like that while taking the medications?
Based on your words, you experienced not so bad libido and great mood so that you did a lot of things...

It looks like you decided by yourself to quit the medications without medical supervision, but instead, you followed your friend's advice of taking it for a while and stop it. Some of these medications can give quite nasty withdrawal symptoms, then instead of talking to your doctor, now you are blaming him and considering murder him?

Since you are a new member, I would like to remember you one of the rules of this forum:
4) Personal attacks on members of the medical community. The medical community is our ally and not our enemy. No doctor intentionally gives a patient PSSD. Without the context of patient history, it is impossible to determine what led a doctor to prescribe SSRIs. Attacks at doctors or their behavior are not allowed to become personal or violent in nature.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=874
And in your case, you decided to quit the medication by yourself and ended obsessing about your symptoms on the internet. It's time to assume the consequences of your acts...It's a mental trap, severe worries are well known for triggering derealization, which is a state also found in people during car accidents, robbery, kidnapping, for example.

I know it's difficult, but I strongly advise against you staying on message boards or reading about your symptoms on the internet, you noticed the effect of it on your mood. What I said before if it was not bad while taking medication, but worsened while quitting, it looks like withdrawal symptoms that might improve while reinstating your regimen or just taking nothing...But if you keep reading about PSSD, it's a never-ending cycle of worries, symptoms, worries, again and again...Also you said you started to take medications because you were passing through stressful moments... It's quite confusing, and most symptoms might overlap, I guess most cases of PSSD were experiencing nasty side effects while taking the medication, and still having the same side effects after quitting.

The tendency of withdrawal symptoms is improving over time.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
JustOnlyHope

Thank you guys for you replies!

So not exactly. I quit it because I had big retention of water(I work at the gym and it’s really important to me) and had big constipation.Second thing, I didn’t see any sense take it any longer. Regarding the doctor he knew I was going to quit it, he allowed me.

Btw. What do you think about this that I quit Wellbutrin(before quitting Trazodone) and my hole libido gone? I mean, maybe Wellbutrin cause the problem not Trazodone? What do you think guys?
Last edited by JustOnlyHope on Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

I know its hard at the beginning, but the great news is that it's just the beginning and you can pretty much get fine over time in this stage.

All you have to do is wait and don't void into despair and start trying bunch of things. The best you can do now is living healthy and give your body (and mind) the perfect circumstances to repair and reach the balance again.

For the next months, start implementing healthy lifestyle, avoid (and if you feel into it, cut to zero) sugar, alcohol, coffee, GLUTEN, seeds, nuts, and dairy. Be light on nightshade vegetables like tomatoes and potatoes. While on it, try to eat tons and tons of veggies from all colors spectrum (mainly green leafs) and limit fruits to 2 servings a day. After 60-90 days start adding them slowly.

All this cutting are meant to halt the provable inflammation that your body is going through by the wack the drugs did to it.

IMO, PSSD (and the others like PFS, PAS) are nothing but a disruption in endocrinal system caused by the addition of chemicals and quitting them promotes and deeps even more this imbalance, resulting in body inflammation.

U can start those changes I mentioned in diet for combating it, if inflamated ur body won't be capable to repair itself.
Also, another anti-inflammation measures are:

Avoid stress
Meditate (stress related)
Take cold or contrast showers
Sun your body daily or take vit D3 supps on cloudy days
Intermittent fast 16:8 (search on web to see what it's about)
Practice resistance training 2-3x weekly (focus on running out of breath types of exercises like sprints)
Lift weight 2x weeks
Some yoga
Take probiotics if possible for this 2-3 start months
Also, a good choice is having bone broth daily (make it with a lot of garlic and ginger), it's cheap and easy to make
Eat raw garlic 3-5 times a day
Avoid all other meds and all kind of them
Drink 2 to 3 liters of water per day
Sleep 7-8 hours day, wake up max at 10 AM

ALSO, try to visualize yourself healed and functioning fully when going to bed

Those are all healthy and anti-inflammatory measures you can implement while time passes, don't need to be night to day change, but try to do the most, mainly diet and resistance trainings, and::::::: not obsessing with PSSD, please! Your body will welcome this.

Do it for the most and to your fullest and forget this site by now. I hope you get better buddy. Good luck and take care
Last edited by Semogomes on Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustOnlyHope

Semogomes wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:49 pm I know its hard at the beginning, but the great news is that it's just the beginning and you can pretty much get fine over time in this stage.

All you have to do is wait and don't void into despair and start trying bunch of things. The best you can do now is living healthy and give your body (and mind) the perfect circumstances to repair and reach the balance again.

For the next months, start implementing healthy lifestyle, avoid (and if you feel into it, cut to zero) sugar, alcohol, coffee, GLUTEN, seeds, nuts, and dairy. After 60-90 days start adding them slowly.

All this cutting are meant to halt the provable inflammation that your body is going through the by wack the drugs did.

In my opinion, PSSD (and the others like PFS, PAS) are nothing but a disruption in endocrinal system caused by the addition of chemicals and quitting them promotes and deeps even more this unbalanced, resulting in body inflammation.

U can start those changes in diet for combating it, if inflamated ur body won't be capable to repair itself.
Also, another anti-inflammation measures are:

Avoid stress
Meditate (stress related)
Take cold or contrast showers
Sun your body daily or take vit D3 supps on cloudy days
Intermittent fast 16:8 (search on web to see what it's about)
Practice resistance training 2-3x weekly (focus on running out of breath types of exercises like sprints)
Lift weight 2x weeks
Some yoga
Take probiotics if possible for this 2-3 start months
Also, a good choice is having bone broth daily (make it with a lot of garlic and ginger)
Eat raw garlic 3-5 times a day
Avoid all other meds and all kind of
Drink 2 to 3 liters of water per day
Visualize yourself healed and functioning fully

Those are all healthy and anti-inflammatory measures you can implement while time passes, don't need to be night to day change, but try to do the most, mainly diet and resistance trainings, and not obsessing with PSSD.

Do it for the most and to your fullest and forget this site by now. I hope you get better bro. Good luck and take care

You are great men, thanks for you warm words. I had a few bad thoughts to kill my self, I was crying. I can’t still believe it could happen to me.

And you are 100 % right. I am going to cut this forum off. It makes me more unstable right now. One thing before I leave. I’ve written about Wellbutrin. I quit it before Trazodone and lost libido. Maybe Wellbutrin caused that kind of problem not Trazodone?
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

JustOnlyHope wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:48 pm Thank you guys for you replies!

So not exactly. I quit it because I had retention of water(I work at the gym and it’s really important to me). Second thing, I didn’t see any sense take it any longer. Regarding the doctor he knew I was going to quit it, he allowed me.

Btw. What do you think about this that I quit Wellbutrin(before quitting Trazodone) and my hole libido gone? I mean, maybe Wellbutrin cause the problem not Trazodone? What do you think guys?
It's is quite difficult to answer these questions, it's difficult to even for a medical professional. Also, it's something that happened months ago. Wellbutrin is used as a pro-sexual antidepressant, if it did not give you sexual disfunction while taking it, it's logical considering temporary worsening because of not having a pro-sexual drug circulating, adding to this equation you reading horror histories on the internet. Chances of self-fulfilling prophecy.
I was willing to write something but Semogomes has already written a lot of good stuff.
Take care bro, always remember the message written on this word: "JustOnlyHope "
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)