SB Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Sb919

SB Intro

Unread post by Sb919 »

Took paroxetine @ 30mg daily for 6 years or so for social anxiety. Figured I was well enough to taper off early 2018, and crashed hard about a month after discontinuation. I was also taking 1mg lorazepam twice daily, as well as daily marijuana use, and stopped all around the same time.

I became very depressed for the first time in my life, as well as waking panic, and sexual dysfunction + premature ejaculation. Things have gotten a bit better in 3 years, but I'm still not myself. Lithium orotate helped a bit with my mood, and seemed to make sex easier, although still takes alot to get/keep it up.

Not really sure what to do from here, I'm kind of just existing at this point, hoping I will continue to improve in time. I wish I had just stayed on the medication, as I was functional on it. I'd try it again, but if it made me worse my life wouldn't be livable.
Last edited by Sb919 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Finnishguy96

Re: SB intro (lithium orotate semi-success)

Unread post by Finnishguy96 »

Hi, I am grateful that you decided to share your story and glad that you have experienced some improvments.
I have some questions for you.
Unfortunately my native language isnt english so when I searched your compound I only found some sort of batteries and stuff heh.
So I was wondering that if you could provide link to the ingredients that you have used in the compound so I could try and see if there are any similiar products in Finland?
Once again thank you for sharing and sorry for my finglish(poor english).
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

If you search amazon for "lithium orotate" it should yield some supplement results. I just searched for a product with good reviews. Not endorsing any brands, as I'm sure they are more or less the same (as long as they are quality), but i ended up sticking with weyland brand lithium orotate 5mg elemental.

Your English is very good by the way.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Hi SB

I’m hearing more and more about lithium helping people with our condition in the groups I’m in. It never seems to fully cure anyone but it certainly sounds like it helps improve most people who try it to a degree. Anyway, thanks for sharing, I hope you keep improving 👍

JP
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Any reason you’ve not gone any higher than 5mg btw?
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Sb919

Unread post by Sb919 »

I have thought of trying a higher dose, but was always worried about liver/kidney problems. My doctor won't do regular blood tests unless I get a prescription from them. From what I read though, it is a more common occurence with lithium carbonate (due to the massive dose difference), so it might be worth experimenting with. I'm also worried about it further slowing me down mentally, as I am still nowhere near where I want to be in that aspect.

Will probably be my next step if combining CBG doesn't help. Buspar also seems like a good option. I will update when I decide to add something.