holybasil intro 11 years SNRI

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
holybasil

holybasil intro 11 years SNRI

Unread post by holybasil »

Hi team,

Delighted I found this forum.

I'm 27, female, and took 375mg daily of Velafaxine HR for 11 years from the age of 13, slowing titrating off three years ago. I was prescribed the medication after losing my dad and becoming (understandably so) grief-stricken and depressed. 11 years flew by and no thorough review ever given. Prior to taking any medication I was a normal functioning 13 year old, although wasn't sexually active so I cannot compare. I have only noticed symptoms post-medication. The withdrawal I had/am having was unreal - aside from the brain zaps and complete loss of memory of weeks of my life, there are still ongoing fits of anger, massive depression, sever anxiety, inability to control my emotions, no sexual interest and even repulsed by the idea and act, hormone imbalances and PMDD (extreme PMS).

My husband and I have tried what I feel is almost everything to get my body more balanced in every facet - the cognitive/emotional/hormonal aspect I believe will balance in time through the right practices - diet (paleo/keto eating nose to tail), lifestyle (very few stressors, moderate exercise, lots of time outdoors), environment, mindfulness (prayer, meditation, Pilates), supplements (Vit D and K2, activated B complex, Vit C, Vit E, Zinc, Mg, fish oil, evening primrose, silymarin complex, probiotic, chelation and resveratrol complex, glutathione, CoQ10, thyroid support, chaste tree, ashwagandha, rhodiola, we've tried bioidentical progesterone, and the list goes on. It bothers me to no end, don't get me wrong, I don't feel like a normal human anymore, but I'm hopeful that it will improve. What I don't see a solution for is the sexual disfunction - perhaps there will be improvements when hormones become more balanced however it's been three years and no improvement. I can tolerate all food groups well. I have had many blood tests over the years - the first abnormal results I ever had was when I was 20, eating well, a bit stressed at university but had very low iron and iron stores - this has been a chronic issue since and I cannot store and absorb normal amounts of iron without supplementation. Apart from that, my cycles are too irregular to gain a full understanding from bloods but as far as we know at least my progesterone and testosterone are (or at least were) on the low side.

So yes, much more to say, many issues at hand but so comforting to have others out there to help. Any advice and suggestions are welcomed with open arms!