I don't know what I've done

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Jcumbo

I don't know what I've done

Unread post by Jcumbo »

Ok, so I was on escitalopram for about 18 months / 20mg
Then developed delayed ejaculation at the very end so I decided to taper off over 2 months. Then got pssd in a mild form with Ed and a bit of numbness with further difficulty reaching orgasm. So it's been 3 years since my last dose and things really started getting better over the past year improving month on month. I was definitely in a happy livable state, but then developed a fungal infection in the nether regions so I bought myself some OTC antifungal cream with hydrocortisone. I had no idea how bad this would make things my penis shrunk for the first time in my life and could barely get erect. But me being stupid didn't put it down to the cream because I just broke up with my partner so I thought it was just stress. But things just didn't get better, so being desperate and not completely sound of mind... i decided to try st John's wort as I've heard it could help with pssd (I've never tried a supplement before) so all up I took 4 tablets of sjw. Worst decision I could of made I got so sick like I've never been before I reckon I had serotonin syndrome or close to it. So it's been 3 months since the sjw crash and it's like going from a mild case to severe. I have terrible insomnia and I literally can't feel brain to penis connection and it's changed down there like it's all rubbery and really cold. Also skin and hair have gone all dry something I've never had. I just don't know what to do, how could 4 pills of St John wort do this I thought it was a mild herb. Sorry for the long post but does anyone know whats gone wrong with me???
theheckme

Re: I don't know what I've done

Unread post by theheckme »

st.johns wort is like an ssri, so you made all your symptoms worse.
if you have pssd avoid everything that raises serotonin like ssri , serotonin agonists etc...
theres dangerous advice on the internet like st.johns wort, wellbutrin, ginger, curcuma etc that can all worsen pssd.
avoid them and hope for the best
Jcumbo

Re: I don't know what I've done

Unread post by Jcumbo »

Have crashes gotten back to baseline in let's say 6 months? Does anyone one know? Or have no hope?