What influenced me? My history

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
mr.temich

What influenced me? My history

Unread post by mr.temich »

Hello everyone. English is not my first language, so sorry for the mistakes. I am 27 years old. from the age of 18 my back was very painful, and from the age of 22 my head began to hurt. My back and blood vessels were treated, it turned out that I had a pituitary adenoma. The pain relievers did not help, and if they did, then their effect quickly passed. So, 3 months before the operation, I was prescribed the drug duloxetine 30mg. Before going to bed, I took a pill and after about 30 minutes I began to feel sick, after another hour, severe pains in my head, tingling, began. The next morning I was not myself, I wanted to sleep, I was shivering, I felt like rocking on the waves, and so on all day. After a day, everything passed.I didn’t continue taking duloxetine anymore.
I visited the doctor and we decided not to take duloxetine. I was prescribed pregabalin (lyrica) 50mg. I don't remember exactly, but after 2 or 3 days I woke up and went to the toilet and felt anesthesia of the genitals. After 10 days, I realized that I had lost my libido, I stopped wanting ... I also stopped being shy, I became indifferent to a lot. A week later I went to the doctor again and was prescribed brintellix (vortioxetine) 5mg, the doctor said that with it my libido could improve. and we will cancel pregabalin in a month. Two weeks later, I did not feel the effect of Brintellix. I increased the dose to 10 mg, a week later to 15 mg, and a week later to 20mg (the maximum dose for Brintellix). The dose of pregabalin was also increased to 150mg. I began to feel oxygen starvation, lack of air, I began to yawn often. I began to reduce the dose of Brintellix and Pregabalin. And as a result, he stopped taking medications. In general, I took the drugs for about 2.5 months. A month later I had an operation. All my hormones are normal. They were also normal before surgery (except for Growth hormone, GH).
It's been 4 months since I stopped taking pills. Now my symptoms are:

+ I became calm, less nervous.
The anesthesia is gone.
I can feel an orgasm

- loss of libido, erectile dysfunction,premature ejaculation (not always) (I want to point out that despite the headaches that I had before, my libido was normal before taking antidepressants and pregabalin.)
The orgasm became short. I don't feel satisfied after orgasm.

Without stimulation, there is no erection. There are spontaneous erections. There is no reaction to erotic content. I am indifferent to the woman's touch.
Sometimes it seems to me that I can be aroused, but this feeling immediately goes away, as if something suppresses my excitement.

Sorry for the many words.
Now I am not accepting anything. But I cannot understand what caused my sexual disfunction. Is it possible that duloxetine killed my libido with one 30mg tablet. Or so pregabalin influenced, and the antidepressant Brintellix made it worse. I don't know what to do.

By the way, do you think glycine can help a little or will it only make things worse? in the Russian instructions for the drug it is written: Reduces the severity of side effects of antipsychotics (neuroleptics) anxiolytics antidepressants hypnotics and anticonvulsants.
Integra

Re: What influenced me? My history

Unread post by Integra »

I was fucked up by duloxetine. (Я из Украины, если интересно, то можешь мне написать у личку).
borisz_30

Re: What influenced me? My history

Unread post by borisz_30 »

Hello friend, and welcome.

I'm really sorry to hear it. Unfortunately, doctors sometimes tend to put us in a lot of unnecessary medications, while they should try a softer path. They don't seem to know the side effects of most medications, and sometimes they treat a side effect as the same root cause of your first complaints or pain, and start mixing things, at a point where you don't know anymore what was good and what was bad for you.

But keep in mind that if you discover the mechanism of what happened to you, it is easier to find a converging point and reverse it. I think that.

First approach I would try some natural supplements and try something for your mind / mood and something for the sexual side effects.
For sexual effects, many people say that Panax Ginseng has been helping them, Tribullus and Maca as well.

There are also people who got better whi Wellbutrin (Bupropion) and Buspirone, which I think are valid trials also.

What is important for you is: Don't be afraid, read the most you can - and find good arcticles to read, they exist if we look acurately.

Cheers.