PSSD Genome Project [Megathread]

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
sovietxrobot

Re: PSSD Genome Project [Megathread]

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

Ghost wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:59 pm
DrugsAreBad wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:01 pm @Ghost

Are you sure you posted the raw data? I only see a Spreadsheet containing frequencies and a link to snpedia.
I should clarify, I posted the raw data the program generated. Some time in the near furure I'm going to run it against the frequencies posted on the NCBI website.

RE rs1042778: I don't see it in the list of snps snpedia listed on the v4 chip, so I didn't grab the frequencies from the data. I can go back and grab it later if you'd like.
whats the dataset on the NCBI website, 1000 genomes? you want to test against controls from the same chip, otherwise you have no way of knowing if a statistical difference is due to phenotype or due to chip effects. even from the same chip, you need to run some QC to account for batch effects.

how many snps were on the chip before qc? I take it this is unimputed data?
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

Ghost wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:59 pm
DrugsAreBad wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:01 pm @Ghost

Are you sure you posted the raw data? I only see a Spreadsheet containing frequencies and a link to snpedia.
I should clarify, I posted the raw data the program generated. Some time in the near furure I'm going to run it against the frequencies posted on the NCBI website.

RE rs1042778: I don't see it in the list of snps snpedia listed on the v4 chip, so I didn't grab the frequencies from the data. I can go back and grab it later if you'd like.
but it's there as you can see here:

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/23andMe

Thanks.
capitalCK

Unread post by capitalCK »

Ghost. I came to this site via your blog. Thanks for great work you're doing. I don't have PSSD but rather PAS and PFS. Well, the PFS part is a combination of Finasteride+Minoxodil topical combo.

I do have 23andMe and happy to send it. I think the genes responsible for nNOS, eNOS, iNOS are probably silenced.

For example, my SNP: rs2070744 has value T/T. Good responders to pde5 inhibitors have C in the value. It seems to me that perhaps PFS/PAS/PSSD people are people that have non-C value. So, we're already susceptible to low nitric oxide and then genes got further silenced/methylated by drugs so now we're deficient in nNOS, eNOS etc and effects of that then cascades and show up as various symptoms from cognitive to sexual.

But I can't verify this hypothesis by looking at values of others. Since you're already compiling, I figured, I should let you know to perhaps look for correlation in nNOS, eNOS, Arginase genes.

See:
https://www.nature.com/articles/tpj201149
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3172885/