Final theory of PSSD etiology. Get in here!

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
MisterCharlie

Re: Final theory of PSSD etiology. Get in here!

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

finities infinities wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:26 pm Maybe. I trying reboxetine for this GIRK resensitization. Seroquel is potent 5ht1a agonist, and desensitize this receptors, bad for PSSD. Your erection improvement is probably from alpha 1 antagonist.
You started it already? whats it like? or have you just ordered it? Looks like its other action is norepinpherine reuptake inhibitor. You arent going to try the 18 grams myo-inositol/4 grams lechitin?
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

guacamo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:34 pm
Jaxx wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:50 am
guacamo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:44 pm
I do not know, if someone reacts better to sjw then i would advice to try that first. Inositol looks better on paper because sjw has affinity to at least 44 receptors, it's just so much more complicated pharmacologicaly, whereas myo-inositol is just precursor to phosphatidylinositol, but myself better respond to sjw than inositol too. Anyway if you ingest 4-6g of lecithin you also ingest some phosphatidylinositol due to it being 15%-18 of soy lecithin phospholipids content.
Any specific reason you mention soy, and not for instance sunflower lecithin? Just wondering if it is important or not, both seem to have phosphatidylinositol
@down2 jaxx
Mentioned soy lecithin because that's what i did read in papers, i guess if it's lecithin it should work the same.

If anyone want to start soy lecithin start low and observe your body reaction. Precaution is always recommended.
I just started sjw before you made this post, which i am increasing slowly from 250mg.
Reading about lecithin it seems quite safe, so i will add sunflower lecithin to the mix and see what happens. I always had the feeling that sjw was slowly helping when i tried it in the past, but there was something keeping me back, like im out of fuel.

In your other topic you mentioned you saw clear benefits on anhedonia for some weeks until you plateau’ ed. How does your experience match this theory?
hplss_wndrr

Unread post by hplss_wndrr »

Combining these findings and the recent, promising, gut bacteria theory, I've come to the realization that:

Trimethylamine (TMA) is produced in the gut when digesting... lecithin, choline, cabergoline - the components commonly heard in the recovery stories.
Maybe it could be wise to go deeper into researching a bit about it.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

So i took the large dose myo-inositol/lecithin combo and had dramatic but confusing results. On and off increased then decreased penis sensation, more feelings of sexuality, libido. Had two orgasms but didnt "feel" the 2nd one AT ALL, which is NOT one of my usual symptoms. Going to stop until other people weigh in, could this be me getting worse? could this be a healing or startup reaction? I dont know

Btw can someone DM me about a reliable online pharmacy that sells reboxetine? PLEASE
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

if you take a large dose from the beginning, and then try to draw conclusions after one (or a few) days im not sure what you expect the learn....
This was clearly posted as a theory, with the advice to start slow and that based on a few cases from the past it takes 4-6 weeks (?) to have full effects.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

I think it might be a placebo effect.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Take note if you do the trial and take anything that is antagonist of 5-HT7 receptor it might not work. 5-HT7 receptor has the highest selectivity for serotonin out of all 5-HT receptors family. IC50 for 5-HT7 receptor for serotonin is according to studies of about 0.86, for example IC50 for 5HT2A is 420 and for 5-HT1A receptor it's 1.9. I do not recommend to quit taking medication just to do the trial either, a lot of psychiatric drugs have affinity for 5-HT7, almost every antipsychotic for example.
BruteForce

Unread post by BruteForce »

" IC50 for 5-HT7 receptor for serotonin " -??
BruteForce

Unread post by BruteForce »

@guacamo what makes some people more vulnerable to develop pssd considering your theory?
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

In terms of scientific evidence i have no idea. But as anecdotal evidence points out, people who developed PSSD have been often previously hypersexual. We also know from anecdotal reports that excessive masturbation can lead to erectile disfunction, low libido and anhedonia, symptoms very similar to PSSD. It might be people who masturbated very often were predisposed to PSSD, or simply the allele of 5-HT1A was different from general population, relation of the amount of pre-synaptic 5-HT1A receptors to post-synaptic 5-HT1A receptors, but as i said this is just pure speculation, the causes why might be plenty and there aren't studies that specifically go deep into people who developed PSSD.
I recommend to everyone who is curious to check this paper https://journals.biologists.com/jcs/art ... ors-5-HT1A
BruteForce wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:36 am " IC50 for 5-HT7 receptor for serotonin " -??
It basically tells you how potent substance is to inhibit certain biological mechanism. Lower IC50 means substance bind to the receptor more potently.