Buspar (Buspirone)

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
JayR

Re: Buspar

Unread post by JayR »

Toby Wong wrote:Yohimbine gave me anxiety and nausea, I can't tolerate it. I am thinking to send email to drug factory to see can they make buspirone ampoules.
Did you use PURE Yohimbine HCL? The Yohimbe BARK gives me chills, Anxiety and nausea too. You have to use pure Yohimbine hydrochloride; you will have less side-effects!
Toby Wong

Unread post by Toby Wong »

PURE Yohimbine HCL doesn't exist on the market in my country
Octopus

Unread post by Octopus »

Anybody ever try this combo of wellbutrin+buspar+nortriptyline?
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

sounds interesting, how did you get th that? whats your rationale?
Octopus

Unread post by Octopus »

Who me? I was just reading jaiho's original post...I'm currently taking Wellbutrin and I think it is helping a little bit but certainly nothing like a cure so it'd be nice to have an idea of something I could add on. I agree with whoever said that Wellbutrin seems to help the most with libido/arousal. I'm still having issues with limited genital sensation though so the libido/arousal almost feels unnatural if that makes sense.

Did you ever end up trying the buspar/nortriptyline combo, magnilo?
jaiho wrote:
magnilo wrote:i just realized nortriptyline is a ht2a/c antagonist with stimulating properties!! that would be the perfect add on (or actually main dish) if buspar alone doesent help! really excited about this combo, looks very promising on paper
That's why im always promoting Nortriptyline here and in others places.
According to the famous Dr Stahl, Combination of 5HT1A agonism (Buspar) along with 5HT2A & C antagonism produces a robust increase in PFC dopamine.

I would never take an SSRI without these properties added, since this is mainly how SSRIs inhibit NE & DA. There's also mesolimbic dopamine pathways such as DAT that needs to be inhibited somewhat (Bupropion, Ritalin) which SSRIs also increase expression of.

So, to counter all the SSRI dopamine inhibiting properties to the highest chance: Bupropion + Buspar + Nortriptyline.

Bupropion + Nortriptyline has high efficacy in treatment resistant depression as well, without affecting serotonin too much.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7647835
Case report of 4 recoveries. Punch it into sci hub to get the paper.
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

no, sadly ive never got my hands on nortriptyline... and in the meantime its been discontinued in my country... go tell, kinda nuts to discontinue molecules.. what for? make room on the shelves? im a big fan of having my insurance paying for all these tests i do and also makes sure i get proper meds and not some aspirin mixed with indian sand...
Monkey24

Buspar

Unread post by Monkey24 »

Has buspar helped people with pssd? My psychiatrist and I were thinking about trying it.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Merged
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Worried1

Could Buspar cause Pssd?

Unread post by Worried1 »

I began taking Buspar for anxiety 3 months ago. It took away my anxiety almost immediately but after the first month I became depressed and noticed decreased sensation in my penis. I stopped the medication and the depression lifted and anxiety returned. However the numbness remains. Everything I read says Buspar wouldn’t do this. Could it be the Buspar or is it my anxiety causing psychosomatic symptoms? Please help.
been_too_long

Re: Could Buspar cause Pssd?

Unread post by been_too_long »

Buspar is not a SSRI so technically can not cause PSSD; nor have you describe any of the other "hallmark" symptoms.

Buspar is one of the drugs that many try to throw at treating PSSD; another hit against it being the culprit.

That being said.... calm down. There is probably no reason to get concerned yet. How long have you been off... has it completely washed out of your system?