Berberine

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Jaxx

Re: Berberine

Unread post by Jaxx »

Good update! This is definately still on my radar, but my rather low T makes it kinda tricky.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

It also supresses AR signaling. After 1 pill today I had a window of strong sexual desire and improved erection quality.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

I've tried it and it seems to be working, at least for social disconnect and physical response.
chemistry

Unread post by chemistry »

been meaning to try this one , its in the supplement drawer.. im tempted now haha.
Brief Symptoms:
PE - Anhedonia, less emotions - Test Atrophy - Numb body - Lowered libido = ED
24/7 tension, stress. Worse with lack of sleep, hungry, ill
"Pure-O"
Visual Snow Syndrome + DP/DR + Tinnitus
Insomnia, Fatigue
see intro for more
DrugsAreBad

I read molochs complaints about berberine worsening anhedonia. I too have an initial worsening any time I take it. The positive effects only show after the berberine wears off. Consider taking it at night.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

That was not moloch's complaints but a thread of az89 reposted after forum crash, if I remember correctly.

Combo of gingko 240 mg plus berberine Thorne Research 500 mg for a month gave me a definite 'window'.
mrstaircase

Unread post by mrstaircase »

DrugsAreBad wrote:I read molochs complaints about berberine worsening anhedonia. I too have an initial worsening any time I take it. The positive effects only show after the berberine wears off. Consider taking it at night.
The good effects don’t start untill after 2 weeks.
I never experienced genital numbness at all before I tried berberine. Got it full force after 3 days of trying.
And even though I got a ton of mental and sexual improvements after 2 weeks the numbness didn’t go away for a full 2 months. This can very much be explained by almost every publication about berberine there is. At first it will boost serotonin nearly 30% for the first 2 weeks. Afterwards it will increase dopamine to 50% and serotonin increase will drop to 10%.

The big downside of course it will mess with DHT too. However it seems to mess with DHT expression and not with 5ar expression. So the DHT will have less effect but there will still be a lot there.

To put it into personal experience, finasteride fucked me up big time for months, I had no bad experience from berberine.
DrugsAreBad

Did you get any stomach issues? I got pretty bad stomach cramps today.

"In cats 50/100 mg/kg for 10 days oral administration of berberine sulfate caused hemorrhagic inflammatory problems in both small and large intestine."
"The sub-acute toxicity of berberine shows gastric ulcers..."
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00021/full
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

mrstaircase wrote:
DrugsAreBad wrote:I read molochs complaints about berberine worsening anhedonia. I too have an initial worsening any time I take it. The positive effects only show after the berberine wears off. Consider taking it at night.
The good effects don’t start untill after 2 weeks.
I never experienced genital numbness at all before I tried berberine. Got it full force after 3 days of trying.
And even though I got a ton of mental and sexual improvements after 2 weeks the numbness didn’t go away for a full 2 months. This can very much be explained by almost every publication about berberine there is. At first it will boost serotonin nearly 30% for the first 2 weeks. Afterwards it will increase dopamine to 50% and serotonin increase will drop to 10%.

The big downside of course it will mess with DHT too. However it seems to mess with DHT expression and not with 5ar expression. So the DHT will have less effect but there will still be a lot there.

To put it into personal experience, finasteride fucked me up big time for months, I had no bad experience from berberine.
This is one of the issues when people share experiences. It is very important to take the time and see what the effect is, after the adaptation period.
For instance, Rasagiline really made my brainfog and anhedonia worse for a good week, but there were significant benefits after that week.
I am not saying this will be the case with all substances, but if people try it a week, make that time period very ecplicit as it means very little imh.
Back on topic, i would love to hear more experiences as i am sure more people tried it already. Also, what happened to the combo with Icariin?
R3m3dy

Unread post by R3m3dy »

I am going to give this a shot. Same Berberine dosing schedule and looking at same Icariin brand/dosing as Area-1255.

Does anybody have any input on how to combat the DHT-inhibiting effects? I assuming trying to raise DHT directly wouldn't work. Would be nice to avoid potential DHT related side effects