New study reveals the epigenetic effects of Citalopram

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
ac3c

Re: New study reveals the epigenetic effects of Citalopram

Unread post by ac3c »

nasibi wrote:Gut microbiome is BS. The epigentic modifications done by SSRIs is mainly DNA hypermethylation, which in turn attracts HDAC. You are right about SCFA acting as HDAC inhibitors. I have suggested Keto deit (ß-hydroxyButyrate) or Valproate for that purpose in my previous posts.
Valproate induces widespread epigenetic reprogramming which involves demethylation of specific genes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17012225
ac3c

Unread post by ac3c »

been_too_long wrote:
zadig777 wrote:plz stop with nonsense plz

What we need is counter arguments to why decitibine or valpro wouldn't work

Plz people with medical knowledge theories here
Decitibine is just too dangerous to test. The risk of collateral damage is huge. Hell, lets pretend we knew it would have an effect. The question would still be risk vs reward. The side effects of chemo are no joke. Lets again pretend it "works." How many doses would be required to make the effect permanent?
The methylation dose for Decitibine is apparently much lower than the chemo dose. I think Chemo dosing starts at around 50ml whereas methylation dosing would be around 5-10ml so the side effects should hopefully be much lower and more bearable for methylation.
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

I wonder about something.
OK, we have studies proving that SSRIs induce epigenetic changes. But do we have any study about epigenetic changes induced by other drugs? Especially for other psy-drugs (e.g. mirtazapine, lithium, buspirone...): do we know if they induce more or less changes?
I only found something about curcumin (which induces changes).
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
girl90

Unread post by girl90 »

nasibi wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:55 pm
hgwxx7 wrote:Does it mean permanent changes?
It can be permanent if not treated.
Nasibi, what will keep if from being permanent..What should I take to keep it from being permanent?
ihatelexapro444

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

What about escitalopram?
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

Curcumin is hypomethylator as ECGC but unfortunately they don't really the major part of us... I'm still thinking of demethylator I will try soon astaxanthine which have hypomethylator properties but also 5AInh so maybe mix it with creatine or Cistanche. I'll let you know...