PSSD can be triggered by mitochondrial instability

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Maxin

Re: PSSD can be triggered by mitochondrial instability

Unread post by Maxin »

Wow just wanted to get this out there even though it’s only been one day. I have terrible fatigue and I decided to order pqq after reading this. I know from testing my mito is not functioning well. So my order from amazon came super fast and when pqq arrived I took one in the late afternoon. At that point I was struggling to clean my house as I was having guests the next day. After a couple hours I suddenly got this second wind and motivation that I haven’t felt in forever. It took me a while to even remember what was causing it as I’m always trying new stuff and don’t expect much. I also felt this weird sensation in my upper nasal and forehead area, almost like a pressure. But it felt good. And as I was laying down for bed I also felt a nerve sensation and twitching in my lower pelvis area. I woke up this morning not feeling like death. This is very soon to say much else. But I’ve never felt this much positive benefit from a supplement and so fast. I don’t want to cry wolf here but pqq is cheap. Maybe there is another mechanism to pqq I honestly have never heard of this supplelemnt and will need to research further.
Maxin

Unread post by Maxin »

Interestingly PQQ is beneficial for Parkinson’s patients. So must have effect on dopamine.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Maxin wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:45 pm Interestingly PQQ is beneficial for Parkinson’s patients. So must have effect on dopamine.
I am into my third week on PQQ and I feel absolutely nothing from it. Tried 60 MG doage and no effect. I asked another 2 people who is taking PQQ now and they have no effect as well. PQQ feels like some sham.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

fellow1 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:56 pm
Maxin wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:45 pm Interestingly PQQ is beneficial for Parkinson’s patients. So must have effect on dopamine.
I am into my third week on PQQ and I feel absolutely nothing from it. Tried 60 MG doage and no effect. I asked another 2 people who is taking PQQ now and they have no effect as well. PQQ feels like some sham.
I actually took just a few capsules of pqq until June in this year, so could it be that other manipulations like fission are more important? Supplements are not simple firewood, they all play their role.
Read the guy in post #1366 Turnbuckle, I got some ideas from this thread.
https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/9 ... ntry870740
Fission, fusion and their roles:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... figure/F1/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... figure/F2/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... /#S10title
Also I always used Jarrow 20 mg pqq. In recent days I took it (one capsule before sleep) and it seems to have a positive effect on morning erections.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Interesting if akathisia could be helped too?
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11715630/
Halan

Unread post by Halan »

Interesting. There are 2 people (1 male and 1 female) that have been healed using lithium in this forum.

"Evidence suggests that mitochondrial dysfunction is present in patients with bipolar disorder.[73] Oxidative stress and reduced levels of anti-oxidants (such as glutathione) lead to cell death. Lithium may protect against oxidative stress by up-regulating complex I and II of the mitochondrial electron transport chain.[73]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_( ... metabolism
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Halan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:32 pm Interesting. There are 2 people (1 male and 1 female) that have been healed using lithium in this forum.

"Evidence suggests that mitochondrial dysfunction is present in patients with bipolar disorder.[73] Oxidative stress and reduced levels of anti-oxidants (such as glutathione) lead to cell death. Lithium may protect against oxidative stress by up-regulating complex I and II of the mitochondrial electron transport chain.[73]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_( ... metabolism
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18344530/

Please take a look at this study, this is interesting I think.

Complex 1

But lithium apparently also works as demethylating drugs, I have yet to find a study to confirm it works for global demethylation
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

kpavel wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:22 am
fellow1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:41 am How do you take PQQ ? empty stomach or with food ?
When I took it regularly, and it was more than 2 years ago, I just took it in the morning, then breakfast in several minutes. Acute effects were really improved mood, more energy, And in that month I noticed that "reconnection" effect. Now I have a bottle of it, but took only several capsules for this calendar year. Of note cocoa has probably best value of PQQ per 100 g.
Hi kpavel

Since starting PQQ with CoQ10 a week ago I’ve noticed really improved mood, I’ve felt a lot happier and relaxed (not sure if the PQQ or because I’m excited about trying to fix my PSSD). Also started l carnitine, d ribose, niaciminade, omega 3 fish oil and probiotics. I feel like maybe my sensation is a little worse though right now (only very slightly). Think I should be concerned? I don’t want to make it worse! Might not even be the PQQ, I’m only a week in, it could be just a little bad phase (some weeks better than others as we all know) Do you remember how long you was on the PQQ before you got the reconnection feeling? And did it ever help sensation or sex drive? Which of the supplements you’ve ever tried do you think help sensation? It’s my biggest concern! Thanks
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Yeah, I'm sure it's pqq that improves mood. Speaking about sensation I have modest improvements from the current regimen, best improvement is in anhedonia and energy departments. The difference is in level of itching I had pre-pssd. But overally it's enough to have a good orgasm and pleasure from process, and have it finished in several minutes. It was a lot worse. Also it isn't clear if feeling of it in pants has same chemical signaling as chemistry of delayed ejaculation. While taking pqq It took me about a week or 2 to notice the better connection. By the way my first post on this page has longecity forum link, explaining that it probably isn't wise to mix niacinamide with pqq.

Some theory makes me think omega 3 (really relaxing for me), carnitine (helps neuropathies, deals with hormones, upregulates ampa receptors, multiple other potentially good properties), LECITHIN (I think that is an important part, because those phospholipids have substrates for nociceptive receptors like trpv1 and others) play a positive role in sensation. Niacinamide creates a substrate which is very much used in reactions. It probably can improve emotions.

I didn't take any probiotics in those periods.
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Sorry I’m confused now. Should I leave PQQ out? Maybe it’s the other things making me feel happier? What happens mixing niacinamide with pqq? I was hoping to get that connection feeling that you mentioned that’s why I started the pqq. Ps I forgot about lecithin in my last post, I’m also taking that too 👍
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)