Starting an official study on PSSD's pathophysiology & its cure

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Meso

Starting an official study on PSSD's pathophysiology & its cure

Unread post by Meso »

Hello guys/gals!

I have not been around the forum recently because of work overload on my research discord server taking up all my time. However, I'm offering the community as a whole something to look forward to:

1- I will upload my Q&A channel to the forum. You can read some excellent PSSD-related questions asked by my patrons and my answer to said questions. Here's the .html file, you only need to download it and use a browser to open it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10y0cS30YCvB2-yZ0WMj9AtydFkk_p_Hi/view?usp=sharing

2- Many of you might know of taarn-meso collaboration on research-reviewing for PSSD pathophysiology, symptomatic relief, and cure attempting. I have since copied, rewritten, and currently organizing the #science-and-theory channel in a .docx file that is easily browsed and understood by the layman. Once I'm done with it, I'll upload it here.

3- Perhaps the biggest news is the starting of an official study on PSSD at my university. We have already started the preliminary work into PSSD, but we won't move on to the research itself until it's funded.

I know many of you are very disappointed by the Baylor study. So, I've recognized that transparency and communication with the community are of utmost importance. For this, I offer the following to ensure transparency:

PRE-RESEARCH:
1- Q&A regarding labwork.

2- Financial outline- how much we need each month/ in advance and how it will be spent.

3- An official legal notice from university granting their facilities to Dr.Moustafa (my colleague and professor) for labwork involving, specifically, Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction. Please remember that this is not a 2-man's job, as many other professors will be involved as well.

4- One-year plan (roadmap) in written form, shared with the community. Please remember that the roadmap isn't rigid and we may improvise as needed.

5- Sharing our credentials, CVs and roadmap with Dr. Healy and Dr.Goldstein -- hoping for their endorsement.

DURING RESEARCH:
1- Possible inter-department communication as further proof (emails, etc, would be for @FrogPSSD's eyes only as agreed).

2- Research reviewing takes place on discord and studies are posted (my usual work).

3- One vlog per month including some footage of the lab and outlining findings from that month and plan for next month.

4- Study-centered Q&A every 2 weeks with meso and maybe the Dr.
Week 1: Nothing
Week 2: Q&A
Week 3: Nothing
Week 4: Vlog

5- Occasional photos of the lab work with the Dr in them, possibly 1 per week but depends on workload.

6- Monthly financial report showing money in (donations) and money out (where it’s been spent).
---------------------------------------------------
I need to emphasize what we are offering overall:

- Complete transparency and frequent interaction with the community.
- Our credentials, CVs and roadmap will be shared with Dr. Healy and Dr.Goldstein -- hoping for their endorsement.
- It will be animal studies aimed at finding the cause and then a cure; offering to work on a cure as a final point once we’ve discovered the pathophysiology - not just a random study.
- Bargain price (22K USD per year) considering that it's not just a 2-man's job - many professors will be involved as needed.
- Having the condition myself, as a researcher involved, would ensure complete dedication on my part.
- A cure is our final goal -- we are not considering high ranking publications as key priority.
- We will publish these studies officially.

Thank you for your continued support!
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Meso

Re: [Announcements] Starting an official study on PSSD's pathophysiology & its cure

Unread post by Meso »

Regarding fundraising:
Please note that we will only start fundraising via Gofundme once we share our credentials, CVs and roadmap with Dr. Healy and Dr.Goldstein as their support is needed to spread the word and, hopefully, offer their endorsement as well.
Koivukovy

Re: [Announcements] Starting an official study on PSSD's pathophysiology & its cure

Unread post by Koivukovy »

:geek:
Last edited by Koivukovy on Fri May 29, 2020 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Thanks meso! Maybe you could also send this out to the lead PFS/PSSD researcher Dr. Robert Melcangi at the university of milan.
How2cure

Unread post by How2cure »

Just to clarify. When you say "official", is the research being officially and publicly endorsed by the University? If so, could you provide the name of your University/contact information so that it could be contacted for further information if necessary?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

cdraham wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:50 am Thanks meso! Maybe you could also send this out to the lead PFS/PSSD researcher Dr. Robert Melcangi at the university of milan.
Hey cdraham,

I've just heard about the Melcangi initiative earlier today from Jaxx. I wish I knew about it earlier than this, so I wouldn't have posted this thread now.

I'll put my project on-hold for now to allow time for Melcangi et al to present their own study proposal. This is to allow the community time to make a decision as I imagine they would prefer to wait for that. I heard that it's still in its very early stages so that might take many months for a study proposal to come out.

I also hope that Melcangi's study is not just a one-off study without seeing this condition through to the very end. It would be a shame for him to get back to PFS afterwards, given that each study takes several months to a year for completion, or even more depending on design complexity.

Thanks for notifying me.
How2cure

Unread post by How2cure »

Im not sure why you decided to ignore my question Meso. I thought you were all in for full transparency? If the "project" is not being officially endorsed by your University, you should let us know. If it is, please provide us with your Universitys name and contact information. Thank you.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

Thank you for your commitment and your colleagues who will be involved

What Melcangi research do you say? The one on allopregnanolone or something else?
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

How2cure wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:50 am Im not sure why you decided to ignore my question Meso. I thought you were all in for full transparency? If the "project" is not being officially endorsed by your University, you should let us know. If it is, please provide us with your Universitys name and contact information. Thank you.
Have you considered he may take days off or be asleep? Be patient
REVOLUTIONIZE

Unread post by REVOLUTIONIZE »

Frog wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:56 pm
How2cure wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:50 am Im not sure why you decided to ignore my question Meso. I thought you were all in for full transparency? If the "project" is not being officially endorsed by your University, you should let us know. If it is, please provide us with your Universitys name and contact information. Thank you.
Have you considered he may take days off or be asleep? Be patient
He definitely was not asleep as he answered one question that had been written earlier than how2cure one.

Share with us the name of the University, I am ready to donate.

Mesos link number 2 called "full transparency" is not working.