He Huan Hua, The Tree of Happiness, and serotonin

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
kpavel

He Huan Hua, The Tree of Happiness, and serotonin

Unread post by kpavel »

Found interesting study. It seems that silk tree up-regulates 5-ht1a receptors in rat brain. Could be relevant for pssd according to the desensitized ht1a theory. Another possible advantage is stress reduction.
Effect of Chronic Albizzia Julibrissin Treatment on 5-hydroxytryptamine1A Receptors in Rat Brain
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15894080/
Quantitative receptor autoradiography and behavioral studies were employed to investigate whether the aqueous extract of Albizzia julibrissin (AEAJ) specifically targets serotonergic systems in rat brain. AEAJ was orally administered at 50 and 200 mg/kg to adult male SD rats for 7 days. Treatment with AEAJ (200 mg/kg) significantly increased time-spent in open arms and the number of open arm entries in an elevated plus-maze (EPM) versus saline controls (P<0.05). Moreover, those effects of AEAJ were blocked by WAY 100635, a 5-HT1A receptor antagonist. Following behavioral evaluation, the binding of [3H]8-hyroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino) tertalin ([3H]8-OH-DPAT) to 5-HT1A receptors in rat brain was investigated. [3H]8-OH-DPAT binding after AEAJ (200 mg/kg) treatment showed a marked increase in the frontal cortex, hippocampus (CA2 and CA3 regions) and in the lateral septum versus vehicle-treated controls. No changes of [3H]8-OH-DPAT binding were observed in the caudate putamen, dentate gyrus and CA1 areas of the hippocampus or in the hypothalamus. In the dorsal raphe region, [3H]8-OH-DPAT binding was significantly reduced by AEAJ (50 mg/kg) treatment but was unchanged by AEAJ (200 mg/kg). These results suggest that the anxiolytic-like effect of A. julibrissin is mediated by the changes of serotonergic nervous system, especially 5-HT1A receptors.
+https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6463593/
PsychoGenesis

Re: He Huan Hua, The Tree of Happiness, and serotonin

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

anyone tried it yet??

I don't want to interfere with my current hormone regimen but this one seems promising
sinceCelexa2010

Unread post by sinceCelexa2010 »

I tried the Herb Pharm Albizia recently for 4 days but it didn't help, not even with anxiety. May have left me with Hypnogogic jerks to some degree but it's too soon to tell for sure.
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

sinceCelexa2010 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:04 am I tried the Herb Pharm Albizia recently for 4 days but it didn't help, not even with anxiety. May have left me with Hypnogogic jerks to some degree but it's too soon to tell for sure.
Gonna try it soon. I don't have much expectations from it, only hope it will help with anxiety/motivation and/or sensation. Jerks (myoclonus) before sleep occured to me more often before I found my approach to most of my problems avalanche.