Fundraising for research Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Naczoz

Re: Fundraising for research Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi

Unread post by Naczoz »

yes, you cant even buy lab equippment for 10k. Srsly, we need a sponsor like bill gates organisation or stuff...I wish I could get involved in this but Im to suicidal lately
lw77

Unread post by lw77 »

From what i know these funds will be used to carry out further analysis within the study which had been funded by Coraggio. The initial requirements was 18K but the fundraising was set at 10K just to see if the thing would have worked. Of course the more money will be provided the deeper the analysis will be.
I perfectly undestand skepticism and doubts, unfortunately this is the consequence of the fact that we do not have an association or a foundation for these purposes, which would have guaranteed a more official tone.
It is not an all or nothing, there is no minimum threshold to be reached, it is a question of adding funds that will be used to further investigate a study already in progress.
Kiliantkt

Unread post by Kiliantkt »

As the Dr said, you have to start somewhere. And then do other experiments, depending on the initial ones etc. He wanted 20k, but he's gonna see what is possible with 10k first etc. Amount can vary depending on the results too. If we don't reach 10k, in all case we'll have our money back. Italian PSSD community is very active so this isn't a surprise at all. Italian doctors and researchers are also a good example. Mario Negri (Italy) is also about to do some research.
PE, ED, Dead Libido, Loss of erogenous sensation, Ejaculatory anhedonia, Burning at ejaculation
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
SSRI & SNRI: 2011-2019
Trazedy

Unread post by Trazedy »

I am an Italian neuroscience MD student. I already did a bachelor thesis on PSSD at the University of Turin. You can find the abstract here on the University website together with my real name, email and everything else.

https://sia.unito.it/studenti/intesi/Ri ... ola=768604

(if the link doesn't work, try to copy-paste it in the browser)

Francesco is a friend of mine, we are both part of the Italian PSSD group and we are trying to fund some research; at the moment we are in contact with Roberto Melcangi who is already involved into the PFS research and with the Mario Negri institute of Milan.
Francesco is totally trustworthy and I vouche for him.

DrugsAreBad wrote:This is a scam...

I am sorry you had this impression, I understand your concern and they are based on real issues. We are not professionals, we are guys like you having PSSD and working our ass off, using our education in order to solve it. We were about to legally create the Italian association during spring but Covid stopped us. We physically travelled 500+ km in order to visit research institutes but Covid interrupted even that (you might have heard about the research we were organizing with the PFS last year). Now we are doing Skype meeting with the Mario Negri institute of Milan and with several researchers and we are trying to move things forward, even if we are not yet good at it, if we make mistakes in the way we present ourself and in the way we are constructing the webpages and the campain. We also know that 10.000€ are not a big sum but we are aiming to collect more later, this is just the beginning in order to start the work.

We are even putting our real names on it and you can imagine how unconfortable it is for us since we are dealing with PSSD and sexuality.

So please I invite you to reconsider your opinion and to help us to do it better because we might be doing noob mistakes but our intentions are really good. Feel free to contact me to discuss it further and to give us more suggestions.

PS: As you suggested we will fix the links and the references ASAP.
Last edited by Trazedy on Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neuroscience MD researcher. Ita Male 30yo.

28 pills of Trazodone 75mg on Sept '18. Cold Turkey.
1y severe penis shrink/numb/ED
4y ED 7/10+numb 5/10+orgasm 3/10+libido 0
5y ED 9/10+numb 8/10+orgasm 6/10+libido 2
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Trazedy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:36 am I am an Italian neuroscience MD student. I already did a bachelor thesis on PSSD at the University of Turin. You can find the abstract here on the University website together with my real name, email and everything else.
Nevermind about scam suspicions among the community.
There are certainly people tired of mountebanks and toadeaters and I think skepticism is a good thing.
I was nearly emailing Dr. Melcangi from my university email just to confirm that, but It looks like people already sent him emails about this initiative.
Anyway, congratulations on your thesis. I remember you first posted here about your idea.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Sound promising. I hope this leads somewhere.
Kiliantkt

Yep small steps all together ;)
PE, ED, Dead Libido, Loss of erogenous sensation, Ejaculatory anhedonia, Burning at ejaculation
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

This is legit. It's not a scam. I'm in contact with someone who emailed Dr. Melcangi directly and Dr. Healy knows about this initiative.

This is good news for PSSD! we are in dire need for studies and research.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Kiliantkt

UP

We still need more donations guys, 30 USD is totally doable I'd say ;)

Thanks in advance.
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
JLo22

Unread post by JLo22 »

I am curious why the gofundme is not getting everyone to donate as little as $30. We have 1500 members here.

We have an opportunity with a research group.
I just don't understand.

What can we do differently as a group to gain interest?

Professor Melcangi replied to me today that he can not personally ask for donations bc the University will not allow him to do so.