Fundraising for research Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Kiliantkt

Re: Fundraising for research Prof. Roberto Cosimo Melcangi

Unread post by Kiliantkt »

Same here, I just don't understand, people always complaining. I understand the initial skepticism, but this has been cleared out.
Dr Melcangi told me the same. He's thinking about asking for donations outside the university, but not under the university umbrella obviously as he can't.
He's working for PFS and has been able to do interesting things. But we need a minimum of money, 10-20k is just a start. We could have 30k just with this forum, and this doesn't count the non-members, which are probably way more.
PE, ED, Dead Libido, Loss of erogenous sensation, Ejaculatory anhedonia, Burning at ejaculation
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
SSRI & SNRI: 2011-2019
climb

Unread post by climb »

I'm planning to donate, I haven't gotten around to it so far but will do it today.

People have to support this kind of initiative. The results of this kind of study could lead to further interest and studies.

If people are unwilling to financially support this, they shouldn't complain that there's no research, no awareness, no treatment.
Kiliantkt

3200 EUR out of 10'000. With very few donors so it's pretty a good number honestly ;)
PE, ED, Dead Libido, Loss of erogenous sensation, Ejaculatory anhedonia, Burning at ejaculation
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

there was a mythical donation a moment ago!!
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

anacleta wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:58 am there was a mythical donation a moment ago!!
It was me, come on guys, if you can spare it throw some money in, let’s get that target smashed. He has more plans to do more studies after this, he’s sent me emails saying they’re getting promising results so far!

Also, didn’t mean to put my full name on, if anyone could let me know how to change it to anonymous or JPW that would be great lol
Last pill March 2019 - Citalopram for 7 years
Numbed penis and weak orgasm
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
Dizziness (this has improved a lot in the last 6 months)
Kiliantkt

The donation was signed as anonymous. If it's indeed you, well massive thank you because that's huge. Can't say more than that!

6475 out of 10'000 for phase 1. It seems a ridiculous amount, but we gotta start somewhere! Phase 2 will require 15-20k depending on the findings. At least we're doing something. Can't expect anything without doing anything ! Let's do this.
General Anhedonia
Severe Blunted Emotions
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

JP1985 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:10 am
anacleta wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:58 am there was a mythical donation a moment ago!!
It was me, come on guys, if you can spare it throw some money in, let’s get that target smashed. He has more plans to do more studies after this, he’s sent me emails saying they’re getting promising results so far!

Also, didn’t mean to put my full name on, if anyone could let me know how to change it to anonymous or JPW that would be great lol
On behalf of everybody thanks for your generosity!

To the Italian group, is there a deadline for when donations need to be made by?
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Kiliantkt wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:35 am The donation was signed as anonymous. If it's indeed you, well massive thank you because that's huge. Can't say more than that!

6475 out of 10'000 for phase 1. It seems a ridiculous amount, but we gotta start somewhere! Phase 2 will require 15-20k depending on the findings. At least we're doing something. Can't expect anything without doing anything ! Let's do this.
It’s showing anonymous now which is great, it showed my first and last name at first, not sure if it was a glitch or something or if the organiser of the fundraiser or someone managed to change it. Anyway it’s all good now!

I’ll possibly donate more at a later date depending on a few things, I’ve asked Dr Melcangi to keep me updated on things!
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
JP1985

Unread post by JP1985 »

Frog wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:58 am
JP1985 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:10 am

On behalf of everybody thanks for your generosity!

To the Italian group, is there a deadline for when donations need to be made by?
No problem 👍
Fatigue
Slightly blunted
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

JP1985 wrote: It’s showing anonymous now which is great, it showed my first and last name at first, not sure if it was a glitch or something or if the organiser of the fundraiser or someone managed to change it. Anyway it’s all good now!
I communicated your wish to the person who opened the found and he immediately intervened to anonymise the donation.

very thanks from all of us

Frog wrote:
no